Death to the Middle Class

Mar 5, 2009
The American middle class is an endangered species. It is being squeezed to death. Middle class Americans are being pushed against their will into the Lower Class. Such is the nature of all the trends in the American economy over many years, not just a consequence of the current Great Recession. This is happening as the rich and powerful Upper Class continues to enjoy their incredible wealth.

Please read the rest of my article at:

Death to the Middle Class by Joel Hirschhorn

The American middle class is an endangered species. It is being squeezed to death. Middle class Americans are being pushed against their will into the Lower Class. Such is the nature of all the trends in the American economy over many years, not just a consequence of the current Great Recession. This is happening as the rich and powerful Upper Class continues to enjoy their incredible wealth.

Please read the rest of my article at:

Death to the Middle Class by Joel Hirschhorn

No shit? Please tell me you didn't waste a LOT of time thinking this up?

There is one thing we need to remember, the Middle Class still votes. The question is, will they realize who the threat is in time before they lose that ability to save themselves.

It sure seemed to be the goal of the republican party over the last couple of decades.
Actually I'd say it's the goal of every career politician, lobbyist, special interest group, beltway sycophant and other self appointed 'courtier' trying to populate the halls of power.

This is why you need a competency exam, term limits, anti-gerrymandering laws and direct local support of all congressmen.

The question is, will they realize who the threat is in time before they lose that ability to save themselves.

Yep, it's the corporatists. The only thing that matters in this country anymore is a privileged few being singled out to profit and hoard wealth. That is EXACTLY what happened to the middle class. They were worked to death without receiving their true earned compensation in return. They have nothing left to give. It's hard to fight those that have all the money and power...

The question is, will they realize who the threat is in time before they lose that ability to save themselves.

Yep, it's the corporatists. The only thing that matters in this country anymore is a privileged few being singled out to profit and hoard wealth. That is EXACTLY what happened to the middle class. They were worked to death without receiving their true earned compensation in return. They have nothing left to give. It's hard to fight those that have all the money and power...
mussolini090909.jpg

This is how it's starting again. Ahhh good time for naz... errr corporatists.

At least this is usually how it finishes.

benito_mussolini_death.jpg

Ahhh good times for freedom lovers..

:(

I agree Fitz. The problem is that the people keep electing these Clowns.

what the middle class really needs is a good dose of some "free" gubmint health care!! that'll hep 'em!!! Also, get them a free house and a free car and free gas and free insurance and someone to pay for their food and more free shit too!! Hep a brother out!!!!

The piddling middlers need hep!!!!

I hate being in the middle. I would rather be poor or rich but not in the middle any longer. I can't stand the pressure.

what the middle class really needs is a good dose of some "free" gubmint health care!! that'll hep 'em!!! Also, get them a free house and a free car and free gas and free insurance and someone to pay for their food and more free shit too!! Hep a brother out!!!!

No thats not what they want.

They want to be able to afford a house on what they make. They want to be able to get sick without going bankrupt. They want to be able to afford to send their kids to college. The middle class does not expect anything for free. They just want to be able to work a 40 hour week and afford a basic standard of living

Last edited:

They want to be able to afford a house on what they make. They want to be able to get sick without going bankrupt. They want to be able to afford to send their kids to college. The middle class does not expect anything for free. They just want to be able to work a 40 hour week and afford a basic standard of living

all of that is possible....but you have to live where you can afford to...send you kids to a school you can afford and get a job with healthcare or buy it yourself....

i did it .....

no you don't get to live bel aire.....no you don't get to go to usc.....no you don't get a ppo....

you get a house in baypoint....you get to go to a comunity college and work at the same time and you get kaiser...

The middle class can do that now, so what is the problem? You not paid enough? Get a second job and shut the fuck up. Life is hard bitches......

Here's an idea....Quit taxing them to the tune of upwards of half their incomes, under the condescending premise that you're "helping" them.

All that "free" lunch costs a pretty penny in the end.

all of that is possible....but you have to live where you can afford to...send you kids to a school you can afford and get a job with healthcare or buy it yourself....

i did it .....

no you don't get to live bel aire.....no you don't get to go to usc.....no you don't get a ppo....

you get a house in baypoint....you get to go to a comunity college and work at the same time and you get kaiser...

The middle class are not looking at living in BelAir. They want to be able to afford a basic standard of living on what they make.
My father had a HS degree and worked for the phone company climbing poles for forty years. On one salary, he was able to afford a three bedroom house on an acre of land, two cars, full healthcare and sent four kids to college without going into debt.

Try to do that today

Last edited:
sad how other countries can make these concepts work for their people and Americans seem to think we are not as smart or capable as those countries who have benifited by creating laws to protect the middle class.

We will be fucked economically without a strong middle class.

sad how other countries can make these concepts work for their people and Americans seem to think we are not as smart or capable as those countries who have benifited by creating laws to protect the middle class.

We will be fucked economically without a strong middle class.

name a country with 350,000 people that has done so....

The middle class are not looking at living in BelAir. They want to be able to afford a basic standard of living on what they make.
My father had a HS degree and worked for the phone company climbing poles for fourty years. On one salary, he was able to afford a three bedroom house on an acre of land, two cars, full healthcare and sent four kids to college without going into debt.

Try to do that today
What was his tax load?

How many bureaucrats were running around telling him what he could or couldn't do back then?

How much "free" stuff was he demanding form Big Daddy Big Gubmint back then?

BTW...I thought it was the connies who were the ones pining away for the "good old days"? :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back