Death row inmate's prison food complaint rejected

So we can discriminate against killers, but not other people right? Or maybe we should just discriminate against Jews.

I don't care why they are in jail. If they chose to do the action that put them there, they give up those freedoms. They aren't owed a damn thing. That you want to throw the Jew card in shows you've lost. You can't defend your position so you revert to such things. How sad.

Discrimination is discrimination. I don't care if you are a Jew or a Rastafarian. Prisoners do in fact have rights. Rastas for example, are exempt from getting their heads shaved on entry, for religious reasons. You might also consider the fact that many people have been wrongfully convicted as well. They did nothing wrong but still landed in prison.

They have a right to be fed. They don't have a right to be fed what they want.

Whether or not someone is wrongly convicted has nothing to do with this discussion. Many of those in prison claim they didn't do what they were convicted of.

It's religious discrimination. It makes no difference what a person did or didnt do. Discrimination is illegal and immoral.
So is murdering innocent people yet you want the person that did it to have more rights than the innocent people he killed. You're as much of a piece of shit as he is.

I though there was a separation between religion and government. Since his claim is because of religion government money can't be spent on it or is this one of the exceptions you hypocrites support?

It doesn't matter if he killed someone, or is in there on a non violent drug charge. It's religious discrimination. Just because someone may have broken a law does not mean it's open season for discrimination. That is not MORE rights than anyone else either. Those are basic rights, that we all have.

I don't care why they are in jail. If they chose to do the action that put them there, they give up those freedoms. They aren't owed a damn thing. That you want to throw the Jew card in shows you've lost. You can't defend your position so you revert to such things. How sad.

Discrimination is discrimination. I don't care if you are a Jew or a Rastafarian. Prisoners do in fact have rights. Rastas for example, are exempt from getting their heads shaved on entry, for religious reasons. You might also consider the fact that many people have been wrongfully convicted as well. They did nothing wrong but still landed in prison.

Whether or not someone is wrongly convicted has nothing to do with this discussion. Many of those in prison claim they didn't do what they were convicted of.

It's religious discrimination. It makes no difference what a person did or didnt do. Discrimination is illegal and immoral.
So is murdering innocent people yet you want the person that did it to have more rights than the innocent people he killed. You're as much of a piece of shit as he is.

I though there was a separation between religion and government. Since his claim is because of religion government money can't be spent on it or is this one of the exceptions you hypocrites support?

It doesn't matter if he killed someone, or is in there on a non violent drug charge. It's religious discrimination. Just because someone may have broken a law does not mean it's open season for discrimination. That is not MORE rights than anyone else either. Those are basic rights, that we all have.

When the piece of shit did what he did, he gave up those rights by his own actions.

Something tells me you've been there. Those who argue like you do often have been.

When the piece of shit did what he did, he gave up those rights by his own actions.

Something tells me you've been there. Those who argue like you do often have been.

So because someone is against discrimination, you assume they have been to prison?

So because someone is against discrimination, you assume they have been to prison?

Tell you what. That piece of shit can get his kosher meal when the INNOCENT people he killed for which you could care less get another one. Until then, fuck him and anyone that puts what he wants above those he killed.

Tell you what. That piece of shit can get his kosher meal when the INNOCENT people he killed for which you could care less get another one. Until then, fuck him and anyone that puts what he wants above those he killed.

It has nothing to do with who he killed. He could just as easily be in there for holding a brick of weed. It's discrimination. Either you support discrimination, or you don't.

It has nothing to do with who he killed. He could just as easily be in there for holding a brick of weed. It's discrimination. Either you support discrimination, or you don't.

He discriminated against those he killed and you have no problem with that. Maybe the next one of his kind kills will be one of your family members.

He discriminated against those he killed and you have no problem with that. Maybe the next one of his kind kills will be one of your family members.

Oh, the two wrongs makes a right logic. Come on. Like I said, he could just as easily be in there for a brick of weed. His crime is irrelevant. Discrimination is discrimination. You either support it or oppose it. You don't get to pick and choose which groups to discriminate against because that is in itself discrimination.

Death row inmate's prison food complaint rejected
Published November 28, 2014
Associated Press
Steven Hayes, convicted of killing a mother and two daughters, sued the Department of Correction in August, alleging the preparation practices for kosher meals in the kitchen at the state's highest-security prison do not conform to Jewish dietary laws.
Hayes describes himself in the lawsuit as an Orthodox Jew and says he's been requesting a kosher diet since May 2013. He says he has suffered "almost two years of emotional injury from having to choose between following God and starving or choosing sin to survive."

Death row inmate s prison food complaint rejected Fox News

This is just too bad, they ought to be serving the guy a pork chop every day, bacon for breakfast.

ACLU's gotten kosher/halal meals for prisoners before, dunno why it isn't happening here. As a one-time religious Jew I can tell you that when the life of the Jew is at risk, what would otherwise be sinful can be set aside. So if eating a non-kosher meal keeps you alive, you eat the non-kosher meal. Because you had no alternative, it isn't considered sinful.

That said, I think he has bigger sin-worries outstanding that breaking kosher dietary laws. Not like breaking kosher restrictions is gonna make or break him. He's done already, body just hasn't stopped twitching yet.

It's a non story upon which islamo Nazi pigs and dogs JUMP----out of desperation.
The whole idea is to promote their FILTH and STINK

Murdering INNOCENT people is a crime and one for which whatever freedoms you had you lose. He gave up his ability to have a say about anything when he killed those people. Since you think he still has any say, that makes you as bad, if not worse, than him.

So we can discriminate against killers, but not other people right? Or maybe we should just discriminate against Jews.

His crime is not relevant. He is being discriminated against. It doesn't matter if he is locked up for overdue library books or capital murder.

I am not much for the death penalty but these two men were abrehended on leaving the property in the victims car, after killing the 3 females, and raping the two daughters and beating up the husband and then setting fired to their home.
I think if he doesn't want to eat so be it, and also

"The judge noted that Hayes is offered kosher meals, and the state Department of Correction has two rabbis who periodically monitor the preparation of kosher foods in the prison system. The judge said both rabbis certified that the food and the food preparation process comply with dietary laws"

His crime is not relevant. He is being discriminated against. It doesn't matter if he is locked up for overdue library books or capital murder.

I am not much for the death penalty but these two men were abrehended on leaving the property in the victims car, after killing the 3 females, and raping the two daughters and beating up the husband and then setting fired to their home.

"The judge noted that Hayes is offered kosher meals, and the state Department of Correction has two rabbis who periodically monitor the preparation of kosher foods in the prison system. The judge said both rabbis certified that the food and the food preparation process comply with dietary laws"

If he's being provided with kosher food based on religion and it's outside the normal meals prepared for the prisoners, that's the government and religion mixing. What happened to the separation that so many who support him getting that food say exists?

I've got the perfect compromise! Offer prisoners the choice of what their facility is serving or being served Michelle Obama's healthy meals.

:lol: I bettcha death row inmates being fed a daily diet of Michelle's lunches would stop their lengthy appeals lickety split.

Hey, hey, hey. If it's good enough for America's children certainly it's good enough for America's criminals eh?

1414018009951_wps_2_image001_png.jpg

Another social media user wrote: 'School lunch or someone's vomit?' next to a snap of broccoli and an unidentifiable food item covered in cheese

Thanks Michelle Obama for the filling lunch Student photos of paltry school lunches raise alarm on social media Daily Mail Online

I don't care what he did. Personally, he can choke to death for all I care. But I am still against discrimination. Even if he was set to be executed.

But if he is being given kosher food certified by two rabbis, then what the hell is the problem? Something don't jive there. Does that mean they actually do have kosher available, they are just denying him access to it? Most prisons do actually have kosher and halal, as well as diabetic and other special dietary needs programs. I don't understand what the issue is here if he is getting those meals after all.

I don't care what he did. Personally, he can choke to death for all I care. But I am still against discrimination. Even if he was set to be executed.

But if he is being given kosher food certified by two rabbis, then what the hell is the problem? Something don't jive there. Does that mean they actually do have kosher available, they are just denying him access to it? Most prisons do actually have kosher and halal, as well as diabetic and other special dietary needs programs. I don't understand what the issue is here if he is getting those meals after all.

If giving him special food involves taxpayer money going to it, it's a violation of what Liberals call a separation of religion and government.

You don't care about those to whom he did it as long as the piece of shit gets better treatment than the innocent ones he killed. So sad that you care more about him than his innocent victims.

If he's being provided with kosher food based on religion and it's outside the normal meals prepared for the prisoners, that's the government and religion mixing. What happened to the separation that so many who support him getting that food say exists?

It's not government and religion mixing. They aren't forcing him to eat kosher. But they can't discriminate against him based on his religion either. The government can't force you to be religious, but they have to respect your religious views.

If giving him special food involves taxpayer money going to it, it's a violation of what Liberals call a separation of religion and government.

You don't care about those to whom he did it as long as the piece of shit gets better treatment than the innocent ones he killed. So sad that you care more about him than his innocent victims.

I don't care about him or his victims. This is about discrimination. As I said, personally, I hope he friggin chokes on it. But I am not going to support discrimination. I don't care what someone did or didn't do.

Separation of church and state means that the government can't force religious views on a person. It doesn't mean they reserve the right to discriminate against your religious views. Liberal or conservative or whatever.

It's not government and religion mixing. They aren't forcing him to eat kosher. But they can't discriminate against him based on his religion either. The government can't force you to be religious, but they have to respect your religious views.

It is if taxpayer funding gives him special food. They can respect it all they want. If they use taxpayer money to provide him special food beyond what is normally served, they are mingling religion and government. If the government can't use taxpayer money to put a nativity scene on the city hall lawn, they can't use taxpayer money to feed this guy special meals. If one is a violation so it the other.

Indentured servants in the early years of Maine/Massachusetts put in to their contract that they were NOT to be fed Lobster more than 3 times a week!!!!! Prisoners complained as well.

Lobster was so bountiful at the time, 2 feet high stacks of lobster were left on the shore when the tide went out....and was considered the food of the poor only!!!

Native Americans used lobster to fertilize their fields and not to eat.

MY HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!!!! :)

Forum List

Back