Death Penalty is Justified

Their is no hypocrisy in being opposed to abortion and in supporting the death penalty at the same time. That is unless you are seriously confused and you (wrongly) think that "pro-life" means to value all life and that even eating a salad is murder.

Don't know who brought up "abortion" or "pro-life" but it kinda does mean that. See also Ahimsa.

Always nice to see a poster quote the voices in his head because he can't be bothered to use the quote button. That's cute. Me, I brought up the term "pro-death". Guess you don't wanna touch that one though.

The rest of us (normal minded people) know that it's about the Constitution and the protections for innocent human beings (persons.)

The Constitution clearly says that no persons can be deprived of their life except through "due process."

Convicted criminals are afforded that process and aborted children are not. There is some hypocrisy for you.

Personally, I see the death penalty as society's right to "self defense." I don't care how "pro-life" anyone is, we all retain the right to defend ourselves and to defend the (especially human) lives around us and that includes the use of deadly force.

Again, as a defense of innocent lives.

Please to quote us the part of the Constitution that refers to "innocents". TIA.

Like the Original Tree said:

"When they allow trials for the unborn to determine if they have a right to life, then we can talk about The Justice of putting a Murderer to Death vs. The Justice of Killing The Unborn Innocent."

Nailed it!

Doesn't begin to answer my post in any way, now does it?

But congratulations are in order for finding the quote button. Baby steps.

When these inmates rock and squirm on the gurney when receiving lethal injection....it their fear of Satan's face. They are going down to hell when they struggle. Most have zero remorse. They are savages. Catches up to them on judgement day.

States Find Other Execution Methods After Difficulties With Lethal Injection

Death penalty is no punishment. There is anywhere between one and twenty years between conviction and execution. In the meantime the scum gets three square meals a day, lives in air conditioned room, watches TV and points his/her bloody middle to society.

let them live and PUNISH them, Make them work at hard labor 12 hours a day, Give them nothing but bread and water, Give them no food if they don't work,

If they and their scum living lawyers bitch about cruel and unusual punishment remind them that what got them to where they are was far more cruel and unusual.

Don't execute them. Let them live and SUFFER.

Now that we have DNA to verify guilt, we should be able to eliminate all of these appeals. Maybe cut waiting times to 5 years, and then the guillotine.

"We" have DNA, yes. The prisoners ---- not so much.

That first guy in last week's Arkansas execution festival begged for a DNA test. State refused. That would be the same trial where his defense attorney was drunk and the judge was boinking the prosecutor. Not even making any of that up.

But that guy's dead now. The State executed him, the judge married the prosecutor, the public defender continued to get drunk, and life goes on. For those the system allows anyway.

That's the thing about the death penalty --- it's one way, no return. If you're using an infallible system, then hey, there's no issue. Good luck with that one.

In my opinion the real problem with death penalty is that you can execute somebody who didn't commit any crime and you can't fix that... :(
So maybe it's better if you use life imprisonment than death penalty.
But if you really want death penalty you must choose a "soft" method.
Unfortunately lethal injection can be really painful so it shouldn't be used.
I've heard that hanging and firing squads are less painful. frown (1).gif

Their is no hypocrisy in being opposed to abortion and in supporting the death penalty at the same time. That is unless you are seriously confused and you (wrongly) think that "pro-life" means to value all life and that even eating a salad is murder.

Don't know who brought up "abortion" or "pro-life" but it kinda does mean that. See also Ahimsa.

Always nice to see a poster quote the voices in his head because he can't be bothered to use the quote button. That's cute. Me, I brought up the term "pro-death". Guess you don't wanna touch that one though.

The rest of us (normal minded people) know that it's about the Constitution and the protections for innocent human beings (persons.)

The Constitution clearly says that no persons can be deprived of their life except through "due process."

Convicted criminals are afforded that process and aborted children are not. There is some hypocrisy for you.

Personally, I see the death penalty as society's right to "self defense." I don't care how "pro-life" anyone is, we all retain the right to defend ourselves and to defend the (especially human) lives around us and that includes the use of deadly force.

Please to quote us the part of the Constitution that refers to "innocents". TIA.

"When they allow trials for the unborn to determine if they have a right to life, then we can talk about The Justice of putting a Murderer to Death vs. The Justice of Killing The Unborn Innocent."

Nailed it!

Maybe if you could phrase your question in a language other than gibberish, you might get a response more to your liking!

I kind of doubt it though.

When these inmates rock and squirm on the gurney when receiving lethal injection....it their fear of Satan's face. They are going down to hell when they struggle. Most have zero remorse. They are savages. Catches up to them on judgement day.

Death penalty is no punishment. There is anywhere between one and twenty years between conviction and execution. In the meantime the scum gets three square meals a day, lives in air conditioned room, watches TV and points his/her bloody middle to society.

let them live and PUNISH them, Make them work at hard labor 12 hours a day, Give them nothing but bread and water, Give them no food if they don't work,

If they and their scum living lawyers bitch about cruel and unusual punishment remind them that what got them to where they are was far more cruel and unusual.

Now that we have DNA to verify guilt, we should be able to eliminate all of these appeals. Maybe cut waiting times to 5 years, and then the guillotine.

That first guy in last week's Arkansas execution festival begged for a DNA test. State refused. That would be the same trial where his defense attorney was drunk and the judge was boinking the prosecutor. Not even making any of that up.

But that guy's dead now. The State executed him, the judge married the prosecutor, the public defender continued to get drunk, and life goes on. For those the system allows anyway.

That's the thing about the death penalty --- it's one way, no return. If you're using an infallible system, then hey, there's no issue. Good luck with that one.

On an emotional level, I find it hard to condemn the death penalty across the board. For example, I could never have supported life in prison for the NAZI's that enabled the Holocaust. On an intellectual level, I find all kinds of reasons to condemn it, not least of all, because it does not deter crime. It is strictly revenge, which is not one of mankind's loftier attributes.

Why not just give them a hot shot of heroin or fentanyl, they seem to do a good job on junkies.

Mm, then that would be lovely me doing prison time in the be romper room. I mean , they didn't do anything nice to get on death row. I say shoot them.

Actually I have no problem with that, but using seized drugs to execute criminals is a win-win. No shortage of supply, no drug makers bitching and relatively low cost.

I hear ya, but I raise you one. Using a confiscated gun and confiscated ammo! I'll be up front, I'm not a fan of the death Penalty. That said, if one doesn't want the state to kill them they should nod do murder, Period. So keeping that in mind I'll point out that who ever got killed, innocent or thug, their feelings were not considered. It's also likely that the victims pleas were ignored and possibly made light of during the crime. So fuck these guys. If they act like animals then put them down like animals. Truss them up in a giant pillow case and toss them in a pond or hang them. Years ago as I kid in Long Beach California a friends older brother was in a minimart grabbing some smokes. Robert came in and the poor kid was in between a gun fight. The robber shot him in the throat twice. It took him 20 minutes to die. I figure he was scared. I bet he pleaded, only to choak on his own blood and die on a green and white tile floor staring at the ceiling. The man who shot that kid still sits on Death row. Thinking about that I really don't care how the sentence gets carried out as long as it is.

Agree, but the court seem to have forgotten the legal accepted methods of capital punishment that were in place when the 8th Amendment was pined. It all goes back to the courts thinking they can legislate from the bench. No cruel or unusual punishment, doesn't mean pain or discomfort free.

Nope.

In my opinion the real problem with death penalty is that you can execute somebody who didn't commit any crime and you can't fix that... :(
I've heard that hanging and firing squads are less painful. View attachment 124481

Maybe we need a law that says any judge who sentences someone to death will be charged with MURDER if the executed prisoner is later found out to be innocent.

On an emotional level, I find it hard to condemn the death penalty across the board. For example, I could never have supported life in prison for the NAZI's that enabled the Holocaust. On an intellectual level, I find all kinds of reasons to condemn it, not least of all, because it does not deter crime. It is strictly revenge, which is not one of mankind's loftier attributes.

That's strange.

Do you see all other punishments as acts of revenge? Or only the death penalty?

I see your point. I tend to look at it like this, prision should be where bad behavior is corrected. And that does happen, but folks tend to go back. So do you continue to try and fix them, or lock their ass up for ever? With those on death row, the fact they are there proves there is no hope for them. So by executing them it is kind of like a retroactive abortion type thing.

Nailed it!

Maybe if you could phrase your question in a language other than gibberish, you might get a response more to your liking!

Translation:

I've heard that hanging and firing squads are less painful. View attachment 124481

Maybe we need a law that says any judge who sentences someone to death will be charged with MURDER if the executed prisoner is later found out to be innocent.

That has to be the most idiotic statement I've seen in a long time. A judge is charged with following the law, just like police, prosecutors and jurors. A death sentence is a societal decision, not just one person.

Let me see if I am understanding this from the left, correctly.....

The death penalty is bad and therefore must be opposed because an innocent human being (despite all our efforts to prevent it) MIGHT be killed.

But Abortion is GOOD, despite the innocence of the child that is aborted because it's no-ones business what goes on between a woman and her doctor.

Is that it?

Last edited:

That has to be the most idiotic statement I've seen in a long time. A judge is charged with following the law, just like police, prosecutors and jurors. A death sentence is a societal decision, not just one person.

Well, I didn't mean to offend.

I am no expert on criminal law but I thought the Judge can over-rule even a jury verdict when it comes to sentencing.

I was only trying to find a creative way to hold the courts accountable with something other than restitution.... when they are found to have "punished" an innocent individual.

Again, no offense was intended.

Another poster checks in as "pro-death". Thanks, your registration has been recorded, and here's your registration card. Wear it around your neck. Yeah I know it's heavy. Next please...
put em down. fk em. I have no remorse for them at all. you want to give me my registration card asshole? I'm here to receive it. fk em.

I guess this is impossible because if a judge fears something like that he doesn't sentence anybody to death.
In other words this hypothetical law would be some kind of death penalty repeal :dunno:

That's strange.

Do you see all other punishments as acts of revenge? Or only the death penalty?

I am not innocent of celebrating revenge. I am actually glad that child molesters are likely to be injured or killed in prison. However, I am not proud to feel that way, and I aspire to rise above it. Revenge does not undo any wrong. if anything, it compounds wrong.

Will catch up to all of us. Do good to remember that if one gets all blood and fire about it.
nope not in anyway. it is in the bible. the whole eye for an eye. death for a death. Sorry, but you fail at your attempt to push your own morals my way.

I guess this is impossible because if a judge fears something like that he doesn't sentence anybody to death.
In other words this hypothetical law would be some kind of death penalty repeal :dunno:
how many times has it happened? who has the stats?

Nailed it!

Translation:

From what?

I'm sure you THINK you made a point somewhere that you think I should respond to but I'll be damned if I can tell what it was.

Like I said...

You need to try to communicate with something other than gibberish, childish videos and innuendos.

It's a rhetorical example but a worthy thought in the abstract --- in that it amplifies the point that, again, the DP is final and irreversible and when --- not "if" but when --- the State executes an innocent, then the State is, technically, guilty of murder. And if one accepts that murder is punishable by death, well then the logical conclusion is...............................................................

Forum List

Back