Death Penalty is Justified

No, the death penalty isn't justified in my opinion.

Sorry, but some crimes deserve the ultimate punishment.

I would consider abolishing the death penalty if the following were allowed. The punishment would be to break up a 400 lb boulder with a small hammer. after that, they would have to crazy glue the boulder back together. If they stop, they don't get fed.

Rinse and repeat until they die.

That would likely afoul of the 8th Amendment. When it comes to the death penalty, society has the right punish, but it shouldn't have a right to vengeance.

It's a trade, one for the other. Yes, there would have to be some remedy via the 8th amendment, but considering the Constitution itself allows for the DP, it would have to be changed anyway if people truly wanted to ban it constitutionally.

Replace "death" with "perpetual rock breaking/gluing" and all would be well.

That being said, again for some crimes, the bastard has to die. 3 hots and a cot isn't punishment enough, even if you supermax the bastard (and some bleeding hearts have an issue with even supermax).

Finally, vengeance always has to play a part, particularly in murder cases, because the survivors of the victims need to be satisfied.

If the drug manufacturers had not fallen for liberal poppycock and stopped making drugs that work, then the condemned wouldn't be squirming.

Why not just give them a hot shot of heroin or fentanyl, they seem to do a good job on junkies.

Mm, then that would be lovely me doing prison time in the be romper room. I mean , they didn't do anything nice to get on death row. I say shoot them.

Actually I have no problem with that, but using seized drugs to execute criminals is a win-win. No shortage of supply, no drug makers bitching and relatively low cost.

I hear ya, but I raise you one. Using a confiscated gun and confiscated ammo! I'll be up front, I'm not a fan of the death Penalty. That said, if one doesn't want the state to kill them they should nod do murder, Period. So keeping that in mind I'll point out that who ever got killed, innocent or thug, their feelings were not considered. It's also likely that the victims pleas were ignored and possibly made light of during the crime. So fuck these guys. If they act like animals then put them down like animals. Truss them up in a giant pillow case and toss them in a pond or hang them. Years ago as I kid in Long Beach California a friends older brother was in a minimart grabbing some smokes. Robert came in and the poor kid was in between a gun fight. The robber shot him in the throat twice. It took him 20 minutes to die. I figure he was scared. I bet he pleaded, only to choak on his own blood and die on a green and white tile floor staring at the ceiling. The man who shot that kid still sits on Death row. Thinking about that I really don't care how the sentence gets carried out as long as it is.

I would consider abolishing the death penalty if the following were allowed. The punishment would be to break up a 400 lb boulder with a small hammer. after that, they would have to crazy glue the boulder back together. If they stop, they don't get fed.

That would likely afoul of the 8th Amendment. When it comes to the death penalty, society has the right punish, but it shouldn't have a right to vengeance.

It's a trade, one for the other. Yes, there would have to be some remedy via the 8th amendment, but considering the Constitution itself allows for the DP, it would have to be changed anyway if people truly wanted to ban it constitutionally.

That being said, again for some crimes, the bastard has to die. 3 hots and a cot isn't punishment enough, even if you supermax the bastard (and some bleeding hearts have an issue with even supermax).

Finally, vengeance always has to play a part, particularly in murder cases, because the survivors of the victims need to be satisfied.

I consider the total loss of one's freedom and liberty to be a far more fitting punishment than death.

Go back to that French "Devils Island" type prision. Build hem in really nasty places so the guards can just encourage the convicts to escape. That way they either get shot or the environment gets them.

Locked Up in Paradise: 10 Prison Islands Around the World (PHOTOS)

I consider the total loss of one's freedom and liberty to be a far more fitting punishment than death.

That's because you aren't a murder and a criminal. For some of them being locked up is simply part of the drill. Most of them have been in jail before.

If some people demand the ultimate punishment, and the State refuses to consider it, they make take the law into their own hands.

Plus, we all know what happens when these criminals get into their 70's and 80's, there is an outpouring of sympathy, and efforts to let them out on humanitarian grounds. usually the victim's survivors are long gone.

Executing them eliminates this problem.

Go back to that French "Devils Island" type prision. Build hem in really nasty places so the guards can just encourage the convicts to escape. That way they either get shot or the environment gets them.

the Chateau D'iif as well?

I see your point, but people can get used to crazy things. I'm only good with that if they are encouraged to suffer all their remaining days in earth.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
When these inmates rock and squirm on the gurney when receiving lethal injection....it their fear of Satan's face. They are going down to hell when they struggle. Most have zero remorse. They are savages. Catches up to them on judgement day.

States Find Other Execution Methods After Difficulties With Lethal Injection

Death penalty is no punishment. There is anywhere between one and twenty years between conviction and execution. In the meantime the scum gets three square meals a day, lives in air conditioned room, watches TV and points his/her bloody middle to society.

let them live and PUNISH them, Make them work at hard labor 12 hours a day, Give them nothing but bread and water, Give them no food if they don't work,

If they and their scum living lawyers bitch about cruel and unusual punishment remind them that what got them to where they are was far more cruel and unusual.

Don't execute them. Let them live and SUFFER.

That's because you aren't a murder and a criminal. For some of them being locked up is simply part of the drill. Most of them have been in jail before.

If some people demand the ultimate punishment, and the State refuses to consider it, they make take the law into their own hands.

Plus, we all know what happens when these criminals get into their 70's and 80's, there is an outpouring of sympathy, and efforts to let them out on humanitarian grounds. usually the victim's survivors are long gone.

the Chateau D'iif as well?

And new places like the north and south poles.

What I find most ironic is "small government" conservatives supporting giving government the ultimate power of life and death over an individual.

Why not just give them a hot shot of heroin or fentanyl, they seem to do a good job on junkies.

Mm, then that would be lovely me doing prison time in the be romper room. I mean , they didn't do anything nice to get on death row. I say shoot them.

Actually I have no problem with that, but using seized drugs to execute criminals is a win-win. No shortage of supply, no drug makers bitching and relatively low cost.

I hear ya, but I raise you one. Using a confiscated gun and confiscated ammo! I'll be up front, I'm not a fan of the death Penalty. That said, if one doesn't want the state to kill them they should nod do murder, Period. So keeping that in mind I'll point out that who ever got killed, innocent or thug, their feelings were not considered. It's also likely that the victims pleas were ignored and possibly made light of during the crime. So fuck these guys. If they act like animals then put them down like animals. Truss them up in a giant pillow case and toss them in a pond or hang them. Years ago as I kid in Long Beach California a friends older brother was in a minimart grabbing some smokes. Robert came in and the poor kid was in between a gun fight. The robber shot him in the throat twice. It took him 20 minutes to die. I figure he was scared. I bet he pleaded, only to choak on his own blood and die on a green and white tile floor staring at the ceiling. The man who shot that kid still sits on Death row. Thinking about that I really don't care how the sentence gets carried out as long as it is.

Agree, but the court seem to have forgotten the legal accepted methods of capital punishment that were in place when the 8th Amendment was pined. It all goes back to the courts thinking they can legislate from the bench. No cruel or unusual punishment, doesn't mean pain or discomfort free.

What I find most ironic is "small government" conservatives supporting giving government the ultimate power of life and death over an individual.

What really is the difference between executing someone after 10-15 years and letting them die in prison after 40-50?

Small government people are also usually law and order people, as long as proper procedures are followed.

Though I completely understand where you're coming from, I'll never be able to see the death penalty as nothing more than an act of vengeance. Also, I don't trust the state enough with the power of capital punishment. My positions concerning this issue derives from my Catholic upbringing.

As a fan of small government, I am wary of the state having such a power.

Though I completely understand where you're coming from, I'll never be able to see the death penalty as nothing more than an act of vengeance. Also, I don't trust the state enough with the power of capital punishment. My positions concerning this issue derives from my Catholic upbringing.

A respectable position.

To me I don't really see the difference between executing someone after taking 10 years to make sure its the right guy/gal and letting someone rot in prison for 50-60 years and then dying of old age from a cruelty/power thing.

To me it boils down to the fact that some crimes are so terrible that the person deserves to die.

You kill someone in the heat of passion? 25 to life.

You kill someone while committing another crime like a robbery? Life with no parole.

You spree kill 10 people, or kill a cop, or are a serial killer? Off with your head.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Good discussions thus far on this topic. I am off to get some new specs since I broke my last pair horseback riding. lol. Have a good morning ya'll!

Death penalty by today's standards is nothing more than lying down for a nap and not to wake up.

A life is gone. Wasted.

How about REDEMPTION? Is it possible? Is it Christian to get eye for an eye or is is Old Testament and/or Islamic barbarism?

Death penalty by today's standards is nothing more than lying down for a nap and not to wake up.

A life is gone. Wasted.

How about REDEMPTION? Is it possible? Is it Christian to get eye for an eye or is is Old Testament and/or Islamic barbarism?

Redemption is for the guy who jacked a liquor store without hurting anyone, or the drug addict who robbed a house without hurting anyone, or even a guy or woman who killed in a fit of passion. People who kill in the commission of another crime, or ill a cop, or kill multiple people don't deserve redemption, or if they want it, they can ask for it while they wait for their needle.

Forum List

Back