Death panels are here!

A Tragic Case of Modern Bioethics: Denying Life-Sustaining Treatment to a Patient Who Wanted to Live

A Texas man was taken off life support despite his objections and the objections of his family according to this article. It was all done because a hospital ethics committee decided to do it.

And the ethics committee cannot be questioned in any way, nor can we know who they are and these people need no qualifications.

Scary stuff

The guy was uninsured, what's your solution?
I thought Obamcare took care of pre existing conditions and ANYONE AND EVERYONE had access to HC.

Don't tell me Obama lied.....

Nobody ever said Obamacare was going to insure everyone, it was a compromise after all. So, nice straw man.

However, since you responded I'll ask you the question since none of your fellow wingnuts will answer. What policy would you enact to help the currently uninsured get medical care?
Obamacare was a compromise? Between who, Satan and the anti-Christ?

Why yes

soros-obama-puppet.jpg

How did you know?

Hey, it's the guy who started the thread again.

What policies would you enact so that this guy could have gotten health care?

A Tragic Case of Modern Bioethics: Denying Life-Sustaining Treatment to a Patient Who Wanted to Live

A Texas man was taken off life support despite his objections and the objections of his family according to this article. It was all done because a hospital ethics committee decided to do it.

And the ethics committee cannot be questioned in any way, nor can we know who they are and these people need no qualifications.

Scary stuff

I thought Obamcare took care of pre existing conditions and ANYONE AND EVERYONE had access to HC.

Nobody ever said Obamacare was going to insure everyone, it was a compromise after all. So, nice straw man.

However, since you responded I'll ask you the question since none of your fellow wingnuts will answer. What policy would you enact to help the currently uninsured get medical care?

Who could have guessed that you'd run away from the question too? Gee, color me surprised.

You did not really expect an answer did you? This was not covered in their talking points email, so they have no way to answer your question

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Who could have guessed that you'd run away from the question too? Gee, color me surprised.

You did not really expect an answer did you? This was not covered in their talking points email, so they have no way to answer your question

True, one can always hope though.

Everyone is too busy laughing at you morons saying Obamacare was a compromise.

It was, it's the Democrats desire to cover everyone with an originally Republican plan to cover most.

What would should have been done for the guy who died?

It was, it's the Democrats desire to cover everyone with an originally Republican plan to cover most.

Hilarious, Obamacare is Republicans fault!

Tell us how illegals are getting free medical, education and welfare.

Nope, not what I said. The individual mandate was a conservative idea.

Nah, I'll let you tell that story. My question to you is what would you do with the dead guy in the OP? What is the Republican/Trump plan to save him and people like him who do not have insurance?

Texas Law huh? Gee I wonder what idiot governor signed that Bill.
Boooooooosssssshhhhhhh.

Furthermore: "Chris Dunn died before the court battle concluded. We will never know if Methodist Hospital would have been awarded guardianship and, thus, empowered to withdraw his life-sustaining treatment."

I don't think the court would have allow them to turn off his life saving equipment. But they might have forced the family to find another hospital if Methodist was treating him out of charity.

This particular law was passed in 1999. Signed by then Gov. Bush.

Scary stuff

You are filth.
But you know that.

We didn't have this problem before Obamacare, did we?

Nope. We didn't.

The Texas law was passed in 1999. So yeah we kinda did.

I want to complement the Republicans for conflating this situation caused by a Texas Law signed by Gov. G.W.Bush, into one caused by Obamacare signed 10 years later. Devising a scheme to convince your Lemming like followers to believe it to be so, is also a feather in your cap and further proving that dumbing down your base was the right move. Congrats!

I want to complement the Republicans for conflating this situation caused by a Texas Law signed by Gov. G.W.Bush, into one caused by Obamacare signed 10 years later. Devising a scheme to convince your Lemming like followers to believe it to be so, is also a feather in your cap and further proving that dumbing down your base was the right move. Congrats!
And .... ABORTION.

The ruling was applauded by the Texas Medical Association, which was part of a broad coalition of groups who together filed a motion in support of the law. The groups included Texas Alliance For Life, the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, the Coalition of Texans With Disabilities and the Texas Alliance for Patient Access.

Judge lets one-of-a-kind 'futile care' law stand

iIT'S LIKE Nazi Germany! Doctor's forced to keep terminally ill people alive with ventilators and feeding tubes.

Everyone will have a 'death panel'. It will be made up of the people paying for your health care.
Yep, that 20% annual income growth to get bonuses will be the one and only decision point.

If your death panel is an insurance company, profits will definitely be part of the decision. If it's the government, your fate will be determined by politicians. If it's your family, well - that depends on how well you get along with your family. And if you're paying for it yourself, you don't have to answer to anyone.

Everyone will have a 'death panel'. It will be made up of the people paying for your health care.
Yep, that 20% annual income growth to get bonuses will be the one and only decision point.

If your death panel is an insurance company, profits will definitely be part of the decision. If it's the government, your fate will be determined by politicians. If it's your family, well - that depends on how well you get along with your family. And if you're paying for it yourself, you don't have to answer to anyone.
I'm not so sure that's the case here. The ethics committee could overrule an insurance co.

It's a 2016 story that votto pulled out of a trashcan to make some point. Probably about Obamacare or abortion, but then again he may just post out of his ass to get responses.

The texas law is unique, and I really don't know how it all works. Most states allow for people to have advanced care directives to keep themesleves from being on ventilators. Frankly being conscious and being on one sounds like torture if one is not going to get better, and even if there's a chance for recovery, I think most docs put people in medically induced comas. Why this fool wanted to be incubated and conscious .... well, it's a crazy story.

Insurance companies aren't really in play. I think most states allow families to direct docs to disconnect ventilators. But Docs can never withhold food water and antibiotics. And even that seems to result in people being kept alive when common decency would allow a dog to pass.

ObamaCare was a compromise. Obama wanted a much larger and even more intrusive bill. The "blue dog Dems" as they are called would not agree so the compromise was what we have to this day...thanks to the GOP not getting rid of it.

There were no uninsured people before ObamaCare?

Are you sure?

there are uninsured people under obammycare.

Fewer.

But you're clearly not understanding the question.
and so how was it I was not correct?

The question asked is kind of implying, so what about Obamacare the guy wasn't insured.

My question is what is the solution? What should have happened to this guy?
you think he should die?
Of course he does.

I'm not so sure that's the case here. The ethics committee could overrule an insurance co.

It's a 2016 story that votto pulled out of a trashcan to make some point. Probably about Obamacare or abortion, but then again he may just post out of his ass to get responses.

The texas law is unique, and I really don't know how it all works. Most states allow for people to have advanced care directives to keep themesleves from being on ventilators. Frankly being conscious and being on one sounds like torture if one is not going to get better, and even if there's a chance for recovery, I think most docs put people in medically induced comas. Why this fool wanted to be incubated and conscious .... well, it's a crazy story.

Insurance companies aren't really in play. I think most states allow families to direct docs to disconnect ventilators. But Docs can never withhold food water and antibiotics. And even that seems to result in people being kept alive when common decency would allow a dog to pass.
*cough*bullshit*cough*

Forum List

Back