Death and Dying

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
I'm losing another friend. I'm thinking I'm not the only one

Thanks rosie.

We were just talking about my friend this morning. She's not an easy person, so it's much more difficult.

Thanks rosie.

We were just talking about my friend this morning. She's not an easy person, so it's much more difficult.

do not feel guilty------disliking her did not "MAKE IT HAPPEN"

Thanks rosie.

The older we get the more we are facing death , seeing our friends and people who have influenced our life's die..

When I watch a old movie, I used to think that they were old....I am there age now...lol

I know that you have a strong believe in God, I hope that comforts you.

Thanks rosie.

I love her alot, but she's a complete control freak. She's dying the way she's lived. To give her credit, none of us expected her to live this long. It's been about 14 months since she had her diagnosis of stage four ovarian cancer.

She had surgery, but refused chemo. She went to Mexico for an alternative treatment.

A lot of us in the Buddhist community care about her, but she's so difficult, personality wise.

Thanks rosie.

The older we get the more we are facing death , seeing our friends and people who have influenced our life's die..

When I watch a old movie, I used to think that they were old....I am there age now...lol

I know that you have a strong believe in God, I hope that comforts you.

Buddhist practice informs my understanding of death and dying. It is a comfort.

Thanks rosie.

I love her alot, but she's a complete control freak. She's dying the way she's lived. To give her credit, none of us expected her to live this long. It's been about 14 months since she had her diagnosis of stage four ovarian cancer.

She had surgery, but refused chemo. She went to Mexico for an alternative treatment.

A lot of us in the Buddhist community care about her, but she's so difficult, personality wise.

OVARIAN CA is a bitch---------implants all over the the pelvic area-------well---she tried

Not to diminish the emotional trauma what we experience when someone close to us passes away but isn't that self pity in reality?
I felt sorrow and pain when my close relatives passed away and when my close friends passed away so I am in the same emotional state as most of us are when it happens.

Thanks rosie.

Sorry , I lost my last high school friend a couple years ago to Stage IV Ovarian Ca. She went through a lot of discomfort, and from dx to death was only 8 months. All you can do is keep her comfortable.

Thanks rosie.

Sorry , I lost my last high school friend a couple years ago to Stage IV Ovarian Ca. She went through a lot of discomfort, and from dx to death was only 8 months. All you can do is keep her comfortable.
She thinks she's going to cure it.

Thanks rosie.

OY-----has her belly grown big?

Thanks rosie.

Yes. She doesn't smell very well either. One of my friends wanted to know if she should say anything, but I said no. She's really so self conscious as it is. It makes me think her body is kind of rotting from the inside, so to speak.

Yes. She doesn't smell very well either. One of my friends wanted to know if she should say anything, but I said no. She's really so self conscious as it is. It makes me think her body is kind of rotting from the inside, so to speak.

sorry----yes ---so to speak------the ovarian CA IMPLANTS itself on the pelvic cavity---------it's a mess. Don't quote me. I know very little about it

While I understand the feeling of loss I also have immense respect for the mindset of a friend who died of pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago.

When he was diagnosed and the outcome was clear he started bringing the local newspaper to the coffee shop each morning. He'd take out a little spiral notebook and pencil then open the paper to the obituaries. He never noted names; only the ages of those who died (he was approaching 80 himself and had about 4-months to live). Then he'd add up the ages and divide by the number of deceased. That, liberals, produces what is called "an average". When the number was less than his own years he'd slap the notebook shut and proclaim: "Done it again!".

Asked by innocents what he meant, he 'splained that he had, once again, beaten the reaper's batting average.

We miss him.

But we don't mourn.

Forum List

Back