Suicide

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
This morning I intervened to prevent a friend of ours committing suicide. To shorten long complicated story, we and paramedics all ended up at the hospital.

The friend of ours, was shouting all sorts of abuse at us and the paramedics and then the nurses at hospital for having no right to intervene when they wanted to commit suicide and that it's their right to kill themselves if they want to.

I agree that everyone has right to self-determination and that it's your life, if you want to end it that's your right to do so.

However, this belief of mine went out of window, as I just didn't want a friend to kill themselves, because I'd never forgive myself for having NOT intervened and well I'd miss them.

So I feel like crap now, maybe I should have let them go, I don't know.

If they really want to die, they will succeed eventually.
I personally believe we are all appointed a time. Most don't.

Stopping them may make them realize they don't want to die, in which case you did them a favor.
Otherwise, like I said, they will get it done if that is what they really want.....

This morning I intervened to prevent a friend of ours committing suicide. To shorten long complicated story, we and paramedics all ended up at the hospital.

The friend of ours, was shouting all sorts of abuse at us and the paramedics and then the nurses at hospital for having no right to intervene when they wanted to commit suicide and that it's their right to kill themselves if they want to.

I agree that everyone has right to self-determination and that it's your life, if you want to end it that's your right to do so.

However, this belief of mine went out of window, as I just didn't want a friend to kill themselves, because I'd never forgive myself for having NOT intervened and well I'd miss them.

You did the right thing. That doesn't mean you're not wearing some toxicity. That was a horrible situation. You need to take care of yourself.

Suicide of a loved one is the worst experience I've ever had. I lost my dad to suicide. He was like a runaway train.

We've had people try in our family, but NOT succeed and they are at least moderately happy and no longer wishing to die -- or at least not to the point of taking matters into their own hands....

I'm a non-interventionist, neutral like Switzerland.

Hope you feel better. :)

Noah

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem

When my dad took his life I didn't know how many times he had attempted. Usually when someone succeeds they have tried numerous times. Mental anguish is unbearable for some people. Some people aren't aided all that much by medication or therapy.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem
Nice sound bite, but it's a bit more complex than that for many people.

You did the right thing. That doesn't mean you're not wearing some toxicity. That was a horrible situation. You need to take care of yourself.

I'm on a TOTAL DOWNER, which is not me, I'm usually a positive person, but I actually feel awful.

I know I did the right thing, but the whole incident from beginning to the completely bizarre happenings at the hospital, has made me very confused about everything.

I hope your friend gets better.

I'm on a TOTAL DOWNER, which is not me, I'm usually a positive person, but I actually feel awful.

I know I did the right thing, but the whole incident from beginning to the completely bizarre happenings at the hospital, has made me very confused about everything.
Understand your total downer is completely natural. You've "caught" your friends negative state. Remind yourself of all the good in your life. Count your blessings and be really kind to yourself.

Remember you are over here, your friend is over there. Try getting out in nature, the enjoyment of a warm shower. Any small activity that is normally pleasurable for you. Look around the room and make visual contact with any brightly colored object.

Get some physical contact from a loved one. Hugs. Make love. Reminders of life. Watch children play. Massage.

Remember you are over here, your friend is over there. Try getting out in nature, the enjoyment of a warm shower. Any small activity that is normally pleasurable for you. Look around the room and make visual contact with any brightly colored object.

Kid A senses that Mama not her usual self, he has not moved from me since we got home and is basically following me around, he's such a charmer and a sweetheart.

Sounds to me like he was looking for someone to stop him.

If he was really determined, you wouldn't have known til the body was discovered

Get some physical contact from a loved one. Hugs. Make love. Reminders of life. Watch children play. Massage.

I just hope our friend understands, right now they aren't in right mind, when they get sort of with the programme again, I hope they understand why I needed to do what I needed to do.

I personally believe we are all appointed a time. Most don't.
I believe that also...
Interestingly, I read it somewhere that certain people before they are entrusted with certain responsibilities have to take an oath/promise that when their appointed time comes they would go...

Forum List

Back