Dead Afghani children piling up, are the board democrats outraged?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Police chief confirms 9 children killed in ISAF raid. - Free Online Library

ASADABAD (PAN): The chief of police in eastern Kunar province on Wednesday confirmed that nine children had been killed in a NATO-led airstrike the previous day.

Residents of Manogi district on Tuesday said the airstrike killed as many as 10 children as they collected firewood in Nangalam valley.

"Nine children were killed and one was injured in the ISAF raid yesterday," Khalil Ullah Ziayi, the provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

"The children are 8 to 14 years old and were in the mountain to collect firewood," he said

While Ziayi confirmed the Taliban had fired missiles at foreign forces in the area, he said children and not Taliban were the casualties.

He accused ISAF of carelessness, questioning how the coalition, with its high tech weaponry, could not differ between Taliban and children.

ISAF said they would launch an investigation into the claims of civilian casualties after an attack on its base in Nangalam Valley. It said the attack wounded one civilian, working with the coalition.

On Feb. 18, 64 civilians were killed during a similar strike in Ghaziabad district of the province. Afghan investigators said the dead included 20 women and 29 children.

Obama the war criminal.
Obama the baby killer.

Well said, people need to throw out party affiliation and judge people on what actually happens.

except that he's a loser and a hypocrite because when baby bush started his wars of choice, the loon was all gung ho.

but yes, it's time to get out.

except then the rightwingnut freaks would be screaming that the islamofascistmuzlimsocialstkenyan is soft on terrorists.

because that's what loons like them do.

you hacks are beyond redemption.

freakish loons.

The very fact that Afghanistan was fought like a conventional war..knocking out the government and THEN basically stopping and diverting forces to invade Iraq is the fault of the Bush administration.

Personally..I wouild have prefered the "Biden Solution" to this mess..but there are no easy answers.

And people opposed to President Obama would hate any option he took.

It all depends on where and how they are piled up.

If they are piled too high, the pile might become unstable resulting in an avalanche.

I would be outraged if someone was injured by a falling body pile.

you hacks are beyond redemption.

freakish loons.

The very fact that Afghanistan was fought like a conventional war..knocking out the government and THEN basically stopping and diverting forces to invade Iraq is the fault of the Bush administration.

Personally..I wouild have prefered the "Biden Solution" to this mess..but there are no easy answers.

And people opposed to President Obama would hate any option he took.

which is why they have no credibility and need to be ridiculed.

i particularly loved rumsfeld saying "there's no evidence karzai is corrupt". :cuckoo:

Obama the war criminal.
Obama the baby killer.

Well said, people need to throw out party affiliation and judge people on what actually happens.

except that he's a loser and a hypocrite because when baby bush started his wars of choice, the loon was all gung ho.

except then the rightwingnut freaks would be screaming that the islamofascistmuzlimsocialstkenyan is soft on terrorists.

Are you a democrat? I'm glad you're outspoken against this war, hopefully more come and echo your thoughts on this thread.

After ten years and the realization that only 10% of Afghanis can read, there is nothing to be gained except great salaries for contractors. Get out now. Yes, I am a Dem.

Obama the war criminal.
Obama the baby killer.

I was? Because I remember 2002 and 2003, and I was not posting on USMB. And you aren't a friend of mine in person. So how do you know my attitude towards the wars then?

The problem is that war is simply hell. Its the worst of humanity. But, sometimes it happens. Sometimes it's even a necessary lesser of two evils (WW2 example).

What we faced in 2002 was:

- Go to war, BUT, in the era of new media and youtube and facebook and cameras everywhere, we HAD to rebuild the destruction else we'd look like tyrannical bullies.

- Not go to war, but somehow find a way to prevent further attacks by sealing our borders, rooting out sleeper cells inside our borders.

I would've preferred the 2nd option. But I'm not president.

But its been 9 years. It's time to leave. If Obama would announce a withdraw, ONLY to then say he'll use those forces to secure our borders and address homeland threats, I'd applaud him 72 hours straight and likely vote for him in 2012. Seriously.

If a Democrat brought our troops home to their families, then asked for volunteer units to deploy to the US border and stop the armed invasion down there, he'd be in my opinion the greatest president in decades. That would require massive political balls. Whichever president that does it will be heroic. Obama could now.

Are you a democrat? I'm glad you're outspoken against this war, hopefully more come and echo your thoughts on this thread.

yes. i'm a democrat. and i'm convinced that whether we get out now, in five years, or in ten years, the endgame is the same. i am also convinced this is one of those issues where only a rightwinger can end it like it took nixon to open china, b/c then no one could say the person was soft on terror... which is the meme the rightwingnuts would start on if the president got us out of there.

and just to clarify, i wasn't calling the president a hypocrite and a loser... i was referring to bucs, just in case that wasn't clear.

Last edited:

yes. i'm a democrat. and i'm convinced that whether we get out now, in five years, or in ten years, the endgame is the same. i am also convinced this is one of those issues where only a rightwinger can end it like it took nixon to open china, b/c then no one could say the person was soft on terror... which is the meme the rightwingnuts would start on if the president got us out of there.

and just to clarify, i wasn't calling the president a hypocrite and a loser... i was referring to bucs, just in case that wasn't clear.

If the democrats in office now prove to be more worried about their image (being softies if they exit) than doing what's right morally or intellectually would you possibly leave the party?

.....Because The Idiot Son......

bush_dunce.jpg

....allowed bin Laden to escape....

....after he decided the war should be in Iraq, INSTEAD??

You BET'CHA!!!!

Obama-takes-Blame-for-Bush.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

If the democrats in office now prove to be more worried about their image (being softies if they exit) than doing what's right morally or intellectually would you possibly leave the party?

to do what's right, sometimes people have to be willing to lose. that's what happened with health care.

and we ended up with people who are trying to pass laws to allow hospitals to let women die rather than be given a life-saving abortion.

so there's the problem. there's so much worse out there that unless there's a true bi-partisan consensus, i don't see it happening... particularly now that the house is repub.

and yes, it takes courage...

but i don't see a huge amount of courage out there right now.

Forum List

Back