Why Does Governor Abbott Not Care About The Families Of Dead Children??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Gov. Greg Abbott did not attend a single funeral for any of the 19 children or two teachers killed mass shooting at Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Texas on May 24, according to his schedule, which was obtained through an open records request by ABC News. In a Monday interview with MSNBC, state Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde, criticized Abbott for not returning to the South Texas town, and alleged that Abbott has not been back since May 29 when President Joe Biden also visited a public vigil in Uvalde, rather than June 5 as the governor's schedule suggests.

Gutierrez's statements align with recent statements from some of the shooting victims' families. During a July 13 news conference, Angel Garza, father of 10-year-old victim Amerie Jo Garza, alleged that "since this happened, Gov. Abbott has yet to reach out." Garza added that Sen. Ted Cruz, who also attended some prayer vigils for victims, similarly failed to reach out to victims' families. "We've had Sen. Gutierrez in our living room, willing to come and talk to us," Garza said. "We've had Beto O'Rourke coming to our private meeting to fight with us. He marched with us. That means something to us. The fact that you're reaching out just to see how we're doing means something to us.

Garza continued in a direct appeal to Texas voters: "Everybody that's getting ready to vote, I want you guys to know that. These guys don't have compassion for us. They don't care. [Abbott] doesn't care that all these children were murdered and these teachers were murdered. Y'all need to realize that." In recent interviews, Uvalde Mayor Don McLauglin said that he has repeatedly called on Abbott to return to Uvalde to speak with grieving family members. During a press conference Sunday, McLaughlin said he had not heard from the governor in four weeks."

Be honest, take your party uniform off and put down your poms poms -- and ask yourself -- if this was your governor, and the children who were slaughtered, were your children -- wouldn't you expect to hear from the Governor who by all means, would have campaigned off of the deaths of your children had it gone the way they tried to spin it, had their cover-up been successful...There is no reason why Abbott or any other governor, regardless of party -- can attend fundraiser after fundraiser, stage bullshit stunts after bullshit stunts at the border, go tap dance for NRA donors, etc -- but can't spare a day to meet with a single family in Uvalde? Why? He couldn't take the heat? Didn't want to look into the faces of those mothers and fathers and continue to lie?

Ted Cruz tried to blame it on the parents -- Ted fucking Cruz -- the guy who lies with no shame...the guy who lets his own wife get disrespected in his face and he did nothing but bow down to the guy who did it.....Ted Cruz, the guy who flew to Cancun while millions froze in Texas, some of them to death.....this guy blamed it on the parents...and for Texas to not collectively say fuck Ted Cruz is beyond me.......what does holding elected officials accountable look like if they know you will give them a pass after pass, after pass.....as long as they hate the same people you hate -- and let's be honest....if this was a Gov Beto, we know damn well the energy would be different....however, at least with candidate Beto; he had enough time to come.....and as the parents said, it meant something to them...and isn't that what serving your constituents is supposed to be about??

I know it's what their ilk do but IMHO what is much worse is the dems trying to profit politically off the deaths of children.

I'm no fan of Wheels nor Ted Cruz but I know dem crocodile tears when I see them.

Dems cry …..NEVER AGAIN!
What can we do to stop this from happening again?

Republicans say……Thoughts and Prayers

"Gov. Greg Abbott did not attend a single funeral for any of the 19 children or two teachers killed mass shooting at Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Texas on May 24, according to his schedule, which was obtained through an open records request by ABC News. In a Monday interview with MSNBC, state Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde, criticized Abbott for not returning to the South Texas town, and alleged that Abbott has not been back since May 29 when President Joe Biden also visited a public vigil in Uvalde, rather than June 5 as the governor's schedule suggests.

Gutierrez's statements align with recent statements from some of the shooting victims' families. During a July 13 news conference, Angel Garza, father of 10-year-old victim Amerie Jo Garza, alleged that "since this happened, Gov. Abbott has yet to reach out." Garza added that Sen. Ted Cruz, who also attended some prayer vigils for victims, similarly failed to reach out to victims' families. "We've had Sen. Gutierrez in our living room, willing to come and talk to us," Garza said. "We've had Beto O'Rourke coming to our private meeting to fight with us. He marched with us. That means something to us. The fact that you're reaching out just to see how we're doing means something to us.

Garza continued in a direct appeal to Texas voters: "Everybody that's getting ready to vote, I want you guys to know that. These guys don't have compassion for us. They don't care. [Abbott] doesn't care that all these children were murdered and these teachers were murdered. Y'all need to realize that." In recent interviews, Uvalde Mayor Don McLauglin said that he has repeatedly called on Abbott to return to Uvalde to speak with grieving family members. During a press conference Sunday, McLaughlin said he had not heard from the governor in four weeks."

Be honest, take your party uniform off and put down your poms poms -- and ask yourself -- if this was your governor, and the children who were slaughtered, were your children -- wouldn't you expect to hear from the Governor who by all means, would have campaigned off of the deaths of your children had it gone the way they tried to spin it, had their cover-up been successful...There is no reason why Abbott or any other governor, regardless of party -- can attend fundraiser after fundraiser, stage bullshit stunts after bullshit stunts at the border, go tap dance for NRA donors, etc -- but can't spare a day to meet with a single family in Uvalde? Why? He couldn't take the heat? Didn't want to look into the faces of those mothers and fathers and continue to lie?

Ted Cruz tried to blame it on the parents -- Ted fucking Cruz -- the guy who lies with no shame...the guy who lets his own wife get disrespected in his face and he did nothing but bow down to the guy who did it.....Ted Cruz, the guy who flew to Cancun while millions froze in Texas, some of them to death.....this guy blamed it on the parents...and for Texas to not collectively say fuck Ted Cruz is beyond me.......what does holding elected officials accountable look like if they know you will give them a pass after pass, after pass.....as long as they hate the same people you hate -- and let's be honest....if this was a Gov Beto, we know damn well the energy would be different....however, at least with candidate Beto; he had enough time to come.....and as the parents said, it meant something to them...and isn't that what serving your constituents is supposed to be about??

Be honest and admit you are trolling.

Maybe going to virtue signal in a place where the chief of police is more interested in donating to Beta ODork than saving children from slaughter makes it too much a security risk?

If he had gone there, you'd be posting an article saying how dare him show his face.

It's a shame that Dems relish these mass murders as a way to virtue signal & use it as a political bludgeon.
It would be more convincing if they actually supported things that could stop school shootings like hardening the schools

Libs want symbolism over substance

If abbott attended the funerals nothing would change

libs would attack him anyway
Funny, I would have just went because I cared about the lives lost and their families -- no use in saying "thoughts and prayers" if I skip the opportunity to ACTUALLY practice what I preach...

But apparently, you are someone who is more moved by "what the libs will say about me" than what will the people you are elected to serve, say about me....which is kinda par for the course for a fake Christian..

What about all the other children who died that day in Texas ?

Are the Uvalde children worth more than any others?

Or should abbott become the Texas Griever in Chief and attend funerals every day?

The whole state is grieving for those lost children

Abbott does not want to highlight yet another mass slaughter on his watch

Funny, I would have just went because I cared about the lives lost and their families -- no use in saying "thoughts and prayers" if I skip the opportunity to ACTUALLY practice what I preach...

But apparently, you are someone who is more moved by "what the libs will say about me" than what will the people you are elected to serve, say about me....which is kinda par for the course for a fake Christian..
See post #10

The whole state is grieving for those lost children

Abbott does not want to highlight yet another mass slaughter on his watch

Should abbott attend this funeral also?

Maybe going to virtue signal in a place where the chief of police is more interested in donating to Beta ODork than saving children from slaughter makes it too much a security risk?

If he had gone there, you'd be posting an article saying how dare him show his face.

It's a shame that Dems relish these mass murders as a way to virtue signal & use it as a political bludgeon.
It would be more convincing if they actually supported things that could stop school shootings like hardening the schools
Not really....and aside from that, how weak of a bitch are you if you avoid doing the right thing because you are more afraid of what is said about you...that is cowardice, not courage...

When the officers were killed in Dallas....Obama showed up........despite the fact he was blamed for their deaths as he is always blamed for anything that happened during his term....and you were among the dic suckers who attacked him ...

When students were killed at Sandy Hook....Obama was there....even tho dic suckers like you were calling it a false flag and directly blaming him....

But suddenly, when it is a Republican, suddenly it is a good thing for them to ignore the families because Democrats may say something mean ....the reason you say this is because YOU FOLKS HAVE DONE IT, period...

By the way, I don't recall anyone attacking Abbott for going to El Paso and even admitted that some of his OWN "rhetoric" was a problem....obviously he went right back to doing the shit he claimed was a problem, but Conservatives don't care about being shameless...

"Republican Gov. Greg Abbott said Thursday “mistakes were made” when he sent a fundraising mailer that called on supporters to “defend Texas” from illegal immigration, which was dated a day before a gunman targeting Mexicans killed 22 people in El Paso. “I did have the opportunity to visit with the El Paso delegation and help them understand that mistakes were made,” Abbott said. “And a course correction has been made. And I emphasized the importance of making sure the rhetoric will not be used in any dangerous way."

And what about the other shooting in Texas, Sutherland Springs....Abbott didn't mind using the family of one of those victims in his campaign ad.....but here you are, excusing him ignoring Uvalde families because of wht you think Democrats will say.....This muthafucka tried to cover up a whole school shooting, and wasn't worried what Democrats would say about that -- but going to visit the family of a dead child, oh, that is just too much to do...yall are clowns...

Should abbott attend this funeral also?
Did the police have a chance to save the child but stood by and let him die do to cowardice?
And did Abbott try to help them cover it up? No? Then no, he shouldn't have went...

You will defend anything as long as you think the person you are defending hates the same people you hate..thanks for proving my point...may your deflections continue...

Did the police have a chance to save the child but stood by and let him die do to cowardice?
And did Abbott try to help them cover it up? No? Then no, he shouldn't have went...

You will defend anything as long as you think the person you are defending hates the same people you hate..thanks for proving my point...may your deflections continue...
I dont see your point

Abbott was not responsible, aka to blame, for the poor police response to the shooting or the attempted coverup by the local officials afterward

Forum List

Back