Dead Afghani children piling up, are the board democrats outraged?

If anyone wants to know if Cindy Sheehan has protested Obama's war policy, all they have to do is use Google and then quietly walk away.

I have no doubt she is still protesting.
She was quite passionate about her stance.

The real question is why must we now google her? How come the media doesnt tell us about her protests anymore?

Sure...you can say.....it was getting old...nothing new to tell...

But I disagree....it WQAS getting old against Bush...we saw her protesting him day in and day out for several years....always the same thing....and the media never relented.

Well...now with Obama...is is something new....something I would think the media would consider newsworthy...Sheehan protesting NOT BUSH...but Obama.....

But the media? Nada.

Code Pink? Disappeared on the topic.

Am I wrong?

Google is only linking you to the media stories. The information is out there, don't protest just to protest. It's corny and a waste of energy.

You're expecting a partisan side to be even handed when neither is. It's no secret you're slightly right leaning, and so it makes you just seem like another ranting no-lifer when you're bickering about the small things in life. (partisans aren't being even handed!).

Actually, I dont find it as "little things" ar all. Hearing what Sheehan thought was important to me....as whereas I am/was military, I never had a child in the military....
Yet it was painted by the media as Sheehan against Bush...
And as for the media...I am not speaking of local media where she may be at any given time...I am referring to Big 3 evening news.......they have opted that her words are no longer worthy of hearing...

And I wonder why that is.

Silly people. When are they gonna wake up? The Left/Democrats don't give a rat's ass about dead Soldiers and dead children. Pretending to care about that is only used when they're out of power. They have all the power now so there is no need for them to pretend anymore. Never ever trust so-called "Anti-War" Leftists. Their the biggest frauds in America. And that's just the sad truth.

Yes those of us who are anti-war in principle are such a tiny fringe group it's amazing the media makes it sound like there's actually a large group of people who are anti-war.

It all boils down to the exact same thing, that has nothing to do with principle.

Democratic voters being anti-republican, republicans defending the Iraq War because they're anti-democrat.

Has nothing to do with one side being anti-war and one side being pro-defense

It's so obvious

I have no doubt she is still protesting.
She was quite passionate about her stance.

The real question is why must we now google her? How come the media doesnt tell us about her protests anymore?

Sure...you can say.....it was getting old...nothing new to tell...

But I disagree....it WQAS getting old against Bush...we saw her protesting him day in and day out for several years....always the same thing....and the media never relented.

Well...now with Obama...is is something new....something I would think the media would consider newsworthy...Sheehan protesting NOT BUSH...but Obama.....

But the media? Nada.

Code Pink? Disappeared on the topic.

Am I wrong?

Google is only linking you to the media stories. The information is out there, don't protest just to protest. It's corny and a waste of energy.

You're expecting a partisan side to be even handed when neither is. It's no secret you're slightly right leaning, and so it makes you just seem like another ranting no-lifer when you're bickering about the small things in life. (partisans aren't being even handed!).

Actually, I dont find it as "little things" ar all. Hearing what Sheehan thought was important to me....as whereas I am/was military, I never had a child in the military....
And as for the media...I am not speaking of local media where she may be at any given time...I am referring to Big 3 evening news.......they have opted that her words are no longer worthy of hearing...

And that time you spend wondering is petty and irrelevant.

If an 'R' was in the White House right now,you can bet CNN,NBC,and the NY Times would be falling all over themselves freaking out over these children being killed. But there's a 'D' in the White House right now and that's why you're not hearing a peep out of these same Media Outlets. Dead children in Afghanistan just don't serve their political interests anymore. So now they'll just go on and pretend it never happened. Business as usual for the Liberal Press. Just another re-run TV Show in the end. We've seen this show many times before from them. Same ole same ole. But wait till an 'R' gets back in there. You'll see CNN and NBC immediately get back to pretending they care about such things again. Bet on that. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

To you...maybe...

To me?"

If the media continues to decided what is important to us....well......then we have a serious issue brewing....and if we have intelligent non partisan people like you that deem it is not important to take notice, then they will continue to do it.

Many people say "prove to me there is bias in the media"

and when I do?

I am told it is irrelevant.

Police chief confirms 9 children killed in ISAF raid. - Free Online Library

ASADABAD (PAN): The chief of police in eastern Kunar province on Wednesday confirmed that nine children had been killed in a NATO-led airstrike the previous day.

Residents of Manogi district on Tuesday said the airstrike killed as many as 10 children as they collected firewood in Nangalam valley.

"Nine children were killed and one was injured in the ISAF raid yesterday," Khalil Ullah Ziayi, the provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

"The children are 8 to 14 years old and were in the mountain to collect firewood," he said

While Ziayi confirmed the Taliban had fired missiles at foreign forces in the area, he said children and not Taliban were the casualties.

He accused ISAF of carelessness, questioning how the coalition, with its high tech weaponry, could not differ between Taliban and children.

ISAF said they would launch an investigation into the claims of civilian casualties after an attack on its base in Nangalam Valley. It said the attack wounded one civilian, working with the coalition.

On Feb. 18, 64 civilians were killed during a similar strike in Ghaziabad district of the province. Afghan investigators said the dead included 20 women and 29 children.

I'm not a Democrat, but I'm a liberal, and I opposed the Obama escalation of the Afghan war and have supported for a long time us getting out of there NOW.

To you...maybe...

To me?"

If the media continues to decided what is important to us....well......then we have a serious issue brewing....and if we have intelligent non partisan people like you that deem it is not important to take notice, then they will continue to do it.

and when I do?

it's 120% irrelevant....ESPECIALLY if you deem things like "the fairness doctrine" to be fascism of any sort.

Also, especially........ESPECIALLY if you believe in a "free market," and "personally responsibility," it's even MORE irrelevant.

Decide for yourself what's relevant by......

Researching for yourself and making your own viewpoints....by.....

educating yourself how......while also..

not watching, thus adding to the ratings of...the media outlets you feel are so biased and unjust.

It's poopooing nonsense, threads like these.

1/2 the anti-war crowd may have been anti war, in spirit, and are dyinf off b/c so is war coverage and so many years have gone by.

1/2 the anti war crowd was really just anti republican...........same way republicans are just anti democrat.

just cuz they need to grow the fuck up about it, doesn't make it relevant to join the "heeeeeyyyy!"

Waste of energy.

Police chief confirms 9 children killed in ISAF raid. - Free Online Library

ASADABAD (PAN): The chief of police in eastern Kunar province on Wednesday confirmed that nine children had been killed in a NATO-led airstrike the previous day.

Residents of Manogi district on Tuesday said the airstrike killed as many as 10 children as they collected firewood in Nangalam valley.

"Nine children were killed and one was injured in the ISAF raid yesterday," Khalil Ullah Ziayi, the provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

"The children are 8 to 14 years old and were in the mountain to collect firewood," he said

While Ziayi confirmed the Taliban had fired missiles at foreign forces in the area, he said children and not Taliban were the casualties.

He accused ISAF of carelessness, questioning how the coalition, with its high tech weaponry, could not differ between Taliban and children.

ISAF said they would launch an investigation into the claims of civilian casualties after an attack on its base in Nangalam Valley. It said the attack wounded one civilian, working with the coalition.

On Feb. 18, 64 civilians were killed during a similar strike in Ghaziabad district of the province. Afghan investigators said the dead included 20 women and 29 children.

How terrible. I suppose they were carrying fire wood when they were killed. This is a major failure of the Pentagon & military commanders to have not cleared all civilians from the war zones they have intended to target, thus IDing any combants left to be killed.

To you...maybe...

To me?"

and when I do?

it's 120% irrelevant....ESPECIALLY if you deem things like "the fairness doctrine" to be fascism of any sort.

Also, especially........ESPECIALLY if you believe in a "free market," and "personally responsibility," it's even MORE irrelevant.

Decide for yourself what's relevant by......

Researching for yourself and making your own viewpoints....by.....

educating yourself how......while also..

not watching, thus adding to the ratings of...the media outlets you feel are so biased and unjust.

It's poopooing nonsense, threads like these.

1/2 the anti-war crowd may have been anti war, in spirit, and are dyinf off b/c so is war coverage and so many years have gone by.

1/2 the anti war crowd was really just anti republican...........same way republicans are just anti democrat.

just cuz they need to grow the fuck up about it, doesn't make it relevant to join the "heeeeeyyyy!"

Waste of energy.

You are smarter than that....you actually sound like RW right now.

I will not get into a petty debate with you.

But I KNOW you are smarter than that.

Dead Soldiers,Dead Children,High Unemployment,and High Gas Prices are just a couple of things the D's freaked out over on a daily basis back when the other side had power. But don't expect them to freak out over that stuff this time around. They have the power now,so all is well with them. It is sad but it is what it is.

Dead Soldiers,Dead Children,High Unemployment,and High Gas Prices are just a couple of things the D's freaked out over on a daily basis back when the other side had power. But don't expect them to freak out over that stuff this time around. They have the power now,so all is well with them. It is sad but it is what it is.

They do?

I stand 100% behind it.

Can I ask why?

Fear of the Taliban army and navy attacking us? Thus making the continuing of this war necessary?

If you want to know about my opinion on the War, my contention has always been that those arguing the Wars without classified intel that goes heavily into the decision making is sort of like arguing who is the greatest, say, Baseball player.....and not knowing quite a bit of the Stats. Yet, all of America seems pretty willing to pretend that they're "in the know" and have great opinions about it.

The only type of Wars I'm "for" really are ones that will SAVE lives...like a net gain, but even then it's probably a lot more detail than is ever released that actually goes into determining that.

On its face, I think what Truman did is likely one of the most horrendous acts of war, ever.

I stand 100% behind it.

Can I ask why?

Fear of the Taliban army and navy attacking us? Thus making the continuing of this war necessary?

If you want to know about my opinion on the War, my contention has always been that those arguing the Wars without classified intel that goes heavily into the decision making is sort of like arguing who is the greatest, say, Baseball player.....and not knowing quite a bit of the Stats. Yet, all of America seems pretty willing to pretend that they're "in the know" and have great opinions about it.

The only type of Wars I'm "for" really are ones that will SAVE lives...like a net gain, but even then it's probably a lot more detail than is ever released that actually goes into determining that.

On its face, I think what Truman did is likely one of the most horrendous acts of war, ever.

Seeing as congress bi-partisanly voted for the war based on intel from US agencies as well as intel from other countries...

I have reason to believe that the war was deemed as warranted....and I will always argue with those that claim the intel said otherwise.....even though I never had access to the intel.

Of course, I am smart enough to realize that the likes of Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi simply said they were "lied to" for political expediency.

They do?

They have the executive branch and the senate.
To me....they are still in control......they simply no longer have the ability to avoid real debate.

Can I ask why?

Seeing as congress bi-partisanly voted for the war based on intel from US agencies as well as intel from other countries...

I have reason to believe that the war was deemed as warranted....and I will always argue with those that claim the intel said otherwise.....even though I never had access to the intel.

Of course, I am smart enough to realize that the likes of Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi simply said they were "lied to" for political expediency.

I wonder how far you've researched the accuracy of the intel that you don't have access to in order to make your final determination as to the War being justified vs. not?

I wonder how far you've researched the accuracy of the intel that you don't have access to in order to make your final determination as to the War being justified vs. not?

Why did you ignore the first part of my post?
Seeing as most of the intel was classified...including the foreign nation intel....I was forced to make an educated decision based on the actions of those that had access to the intel....our congress and President.

Or I guess I could apply no thought and reasoning whatsoever and therefore not come up with an opinion and eliminate all debate...

Which, for some reason, is the direction you seem to imply we should go.

Nope...I appl;y all I can find out and take a position...

in this case:

President deemed intel was correct and made war worthy
Congress biparetisanly deemed intel was correct and made war worthy
Other nations deemed THEIR intel was correct and deemed war was worthy.

Me? Was not allowed to see intel.....so I had to base my opinion on the actions of those that did.

Whats wrong with that?

Forum List

Back