DC Protests Draw 2 Million

Hmmm. I was there and I saw no 'hitler' sign. I'm wondering where this 'journalist' saw one? No proof.

But, we do have this from the opposition against the war:

bush_hitler.jpg

So, we should write those Hitler-comparing anti-war protesters off as having no point? :clap2:

Now, what's your point?

The crowd was not 2 million. Since you were there, you know that.
Oh. That's the point to claiming there were a few Hitler signs there? That somehow means the crowd crowd was not 2 million?

Okie doke.
I'm, thinking the fact there were not two million people there is the point:
there were not two million people there. Not even close.

Why should I care if 2 million people came to the protest?

Just cause there's a whole lot of them doesn't make them any more correct. This is just political grandstanding - organized by PACs who want to disrupt the president's agenda. (And don't bother screaming "they did it first" - I still don't care).

I'm not claiming the protests are "astroturf". I'm not claiming that the protesters are paid to be there. I'm not venting moral outrage at the organizers. I'm stating facts - these protests have been organized by well connected and funded groups with the intended purpose of disrupting the President, nothing more or less. I speak from a position of knowledge - I've organized many of this same sort of protest, many times.(Not quite on the same scale, of course).

This is just grandstanding. Just like the protests during Bush's term about the war - Did it stop the war? Of course not. Will these protests make any difference? Of course not.

well Doc.....this is the first time agree with ya.....i have always believed that,for the most part,protesting does absolutely nothing,and sometimes even makes their own cause look bad,if say, violence erupts...like Chicago '69.....

Unless you count the demonstrations of the civil rights movement...or the Revolution. Or Ghandi's demonstrations.

Yeah, those demonstrations are sure useless.

Oh. That's the point to claiming there were a few Hitler signs there? That somehow means the crowd crowd was not 2 million?

Okie doke.
I'm, thinking the fact there were not two million people there is the point: ...
I don't have any official numbers and I know you don't either, so it's bizarre that you think you have claimed a fact. But, if that makes you feel better, I have no issue with your feeling good.
.... there were not two million people there. Not even close.
ONE MORE TIME - what is your point that there were BHO/Hilter signs? You're still dodging this question.

Until you are able to articulate something in reponse to my question, you haven't any point to make at all. Some had BHO/Hitler signs...so the fuck what? Dodge away...I'll keep calling out your lack of significant input.

Okie doke.
I'm, thinking the fact there were not two million people there is the point:
there were not two million people there. Not even close.

you just keep believe that sugar.. :lol::lol:nobody gives a shit.

Countdown to a massive moonbat attack on the numbers...

Tea Party Express Takes Washington By Storm - Political News - FOXNews.com

The tens of thousands of protesters marched to the U.S. Capitol chanting various slogans and waving posters that voiced a rather broad array of grievances against big government and the leaders, particularly President Obama, who the protesters blame for its size and scope.

Those moonbats at Fox News!

Well, you may have a problem with your number because ABC--a liberal news station is reporting AT LEAST 1.2 MILLION.--:lol:

I am very happy that the Washington T Party appears to be a success in terms of the number of people who showed up. The real meaning of it's success will come if the politicians decide to pay attention to the actual will of the people instead of paying homage to their special interest groups. This should be a clear message to Obama but I don't really think so because his White House spokesperson doesn't seem to understand who this group of people are and what they are trying to say. Also I am sure the main stream media - except for Fox News - will mostly ignore this gathering of the people. Obama has to take a closer look at this health care reform as a result of this T Party. If he and the other Democrats do not, it will be political suicide for their party.

Bullshit on two counts.

1.) Every single media outlet has reported this gathering. CNN has a video of a reporter there, and a news article. Stop with the baseless bullshit.

2.) Also, did Dubya "take a closer look at this War platform" as a result of the protests? I don't think so. It wasn't political suicide for he and the other Republicans obviously. It wasn't until after the war got unpopular for the majority did they give a damn what people thought. Even then, they still didn't care.

Well ... then I say PASS IT! Sign that mess into law and see what happens...

I'm sure that there's nothing to it... and that every person who stands steadfastly against that crap was in DC today; and there's probably NO TRUTH to the rumor that those in attendence there actually only represent .001 of the voters who are completely against it, but didn't make their way to DC to join the protest in person.

Whats the worst that can happen? Go for it... assuming of course that you still enjoy the votes to pass it. I'm sure the politicians seeing a few wingbats on the street won't let that get between them and 'doin' what's right!'

If this political tactic never made a difference, I doubt we would see it used as often as we do. Like it or not, this one is making some difference.

I'll amend what I said before. Yes, protests do have some effect. What I disagree with is people who use this as proof of the "will of the people". Once again, I'll bring it back to the war protests in 2002. Their long term effect was.... (drumroll)... Nothing. We're still in Iraq.

The protesters were few in number. Again, I'll ask, provide a link to prove they were ANYTHING close to what's going on now.

I already did, earlier in this thread. Check my link to the story about the 2002 protests.

The tens of thousands of protesters marched to the U.S. Capitol chanting various slogans and waving posters that voiced a rather broad array of grievances against big government and the leaders, particularly President Obama, who the protesters blame for its size and scope.

Well, you may have a problem with your number because ABC--a liberal news station is reporting AT LEAST 1.2 MILLION.--:lol:

Yeah, nope. That's not true at all.

Tea Party Protesters March on Washington - ABC News

One poster posted one set of unofficial numbers; you post another set of unofficial numbers; so your point is?

Okie doke.
I'm, thinking the fact there were not two million people there is the point: ...
I don't have any official numbers and I know you don't either, so it's bizarre that you think you have claimed a fact. But, if that makes you feel better, I have no issue with your feeling good.
ONE MORE TIME - what is your point that there were BHO/Hilter signs? You're still dodging this question.

Until you are able to articulate something in reponse to my question, you haven't any point to make at all. Some had BHO/Hitler signs...so the fuck what? Dodge away...I'll keep calling out your lack of significant input.
I didn't MAKE any point - YOU did. The article you quoted said there were Hitler signs.
You chimed in you didn't see any Hitler signs.

carb posts that that since you were there, you would also know there wasn't two million.

Fox News, WSJ, and a number of other places have officially reported the number as not even being close.

Was this really a conversation so difficult for you to follow??

Link please.

I didn't MAKE any point - YOU did. The article you quoted said there were Hitler signs.
You chimed in you didn't see any Hitler signs.

carb posts that that since you were there, you would also know there wasn't two million.

Fox News, WSJ, and a number of other places have officially reported the number as not even being close.

Was this really a conversation so difficult for you to follow??
Hmmm. You go on and on about something that I've agreed to several times. But, I'll bold it so that maybe you can read it: There were some with BHO/Hitler signs.

Now, so the fuck what? What is your point other than to tell us a type of sign that was there? You brought that tidbit up.

So

the

fuck

what?

Last edited:
Doctor:

The reason why, despite good protest crowds in '02 leading up to the war, we went to Iraq anyway was because of "post-9/11 world" sentiments, and that we should hunt the terrorists wherever they are and that we "had" to free the Iraqi people (*chuckle*). Besides, the neo-cons are notorious people anyway.

Compare this to health care and the energy bill. Every election cycle, especially since The Comeback Kid's campaign in '92, the candidates run on the platform that we're in a health care (and sometimes environmental) crisis, and that tens of millions of Americans are in need of insurance (and more lose it at a substantial rate)...it's a common Democratic campaign tactic.

The neo-cons have an easier time of waging their nation-building wars than the Dems do of convincing the public that we need to do drastic things with the nation's money in hopes of "reforming healthcare" or "saving the planet."

Last edited:
The only link I found was a link about tens of thousands protesting Obama's policies at DC.....

So again, post a link that shows how the numbers of anti-war protesters in any way compare to the nationwide protests involving MILLIONS of protesters who are sick of Obama, his lies, and his desire to change America into something unAmerican.

One poster posted one set of unofficial numbers; you post another set of unofficial numbers; so your point is?
Do you seriously think the official number is going to cause Fox news to recapitulate and say OOPs, we were off by a factor of 20?

Are you hopelessly still sticking with what the Malkinites first suggested?

Forum List

Back