Wilson's opponent leading in poll

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Poll: Joe Wilson Trails Dem Opponent Rob Miller In Wake of "You Lie!" Outburst | TPMDC :clap2:

A new poll of Rep. Joe Wilson's (R-SC) district by Public Policy Polling (D) says that the controversial Congressman may have seriously landed himself in hot water through his "You lie!" outburst -- and is now trailing his Democratic opponent by one point.

Democratic candidate Rob Miller, who has received a ton of money from donors around the country since Wednesday night, now has 44%, to Wilson's 43%. The two both have 75% support among their own parties, but Miller leads among independents by 47%-39%. Only 29% of the total pool of respondents approved of Wilson's actions at the speech, compared to 62% who disapproved.

Wilson won re-election over Miller by 54%-46% in 2008, after having previously won his races with support of more than 60% or even over 80% of the electorate.

The demographics of the poll roughly match the actual demographics of the district. That said, it is a long time between now and November 2010.

Bonus finding: According to this poll, Wilson's constituents favor the public option by 44%-39%.

From the pollster's analysis: "In a matter of seconds Joe Wilson turned himself from a safe incumbent into one of the most vulnerable Republicans in the country for 2010."

"Twould be nice to see another right wingnut kicked out of Congress, but I just don't see it here. Nov. 2010 is over a year away.

If Joe "the mouth" Wilson were defeated, it would restore my faith in South Carolina redneck voters. Oh, wait: I never had any.

What district is he from?

Perhaps Bob Conley could switch to GOP and challenge him if he's in that area; Conley's much better than the milquetoast Wilson

"Twould be nice to see another right wingnut kicked out of Congress, but I just don't see it here. Nov. 2010 is over a year away.

Yeah, but this guy wont shut up and the righty's are backing him. Good.

The dems proved they can really kick in a lot of money when needed.....look at last November..woohoo

Remember the Bachman screw up? The only reason she is in office is because her election was so soon after. He opponent received a LOT of money in two weeks, but it wasn't enough time.

We will see what happens though.

What district is he from?

Perhaps Bob Conley could switch to GOP and challenge him if he's in that area; Conley's much better than the milquetoast Wilson

Don't you mean "eat another doughnut" Wilson?

Forum List

Back