DC Protests Draw 2 Million

I am very happy that the Washington T Party appears to be a success in terms of the number of people who showed up. The real meaning of it's success will come if the politicians decide to pay attention to the actual will of the people instead of paying homage to their special interest groups. This should be a clear message to Obama but I don't really think so because his White House spokesperson doesn't seem to understand who this group of people are and what they are trying to say. Also I am sure the main stream media - except for Fox News - will mostly ignore this gathering of the people. Obama has to take a closer look at this health care reform as a result of this T Party. If he and the other Democrats do not, it will be political suicide for their party.

Why should I care if 2 million people came to the protest?

Just cause there's a whole lot of them doesn't make them any more correct. This is just political grandstanding - organized by PACs who want to disrupt the president's agenda. (And don't bother screaming "they did it first" - I still don't care).

I'm not claiming the protests are "astroturf". I'm not claiming that the protesters are paid to be there. I'm not venting moral outrage at the organizers. I'm stating facts - these protests have been organized by well connected and funded groups with the intended purpose of disrupting the President, nothing more or less. I speak from a position of knowledge - I've organized many of this same sort of protest, many times.(Not quite on the same scale, of course).

This is just grandstanding. Just like the protests during Bush's term about the war - Did it stop the war? Of course not. Will these protests make any difference? Of course not.

A photo mantage of how much fun it is to be a conservative these days???

( and who knew........just 10 months ago, things looked bleak...........but not noooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:)

van who?????.....................

The20Green20Collar20Economy20Van20J.jpg

of course, the ACORN employee debacle...............

scaryspicemum-2.jpg

check mate by Dick...............

31561985.jpg

stimulus epic fail....................

wizard-of-oz.jpg

Beerfest fail....................

sinking_ship_cartoon.jpg

millions sold............already..................

PH2009080503878.jpg

Timmy fail......................

4d5201929df40c2a_84722766_xlarge.jpg

Apology Tour fail.......................

commander_obama.jpg

and of course.............the best.....................

21-10.jpg

Id say..............for the 21%ers its.........OOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!

Last edited:
I am very happy that the Washington T Party appears to be a success in terms of the number of people who showed up. The real meaning of it's success will come if the politicians decide to pay attention to the actual will of the people instead of paying homage to their special interest groups. This should be a clear message to Obama but I don't really think so because his White House spokesperson doesn't seem to understand who this group of people are and what they are trying to say. Also I am sure the main stream media - except for Fox News - will mostly ignore this gathering of the people. Obama has to take a closer look at this health care reform as a result of this T Party. If he and the other Democrats do not, it will be political suicide for their party.
Nonsense. If (and that is a big IF) Obama and the Democrats go forward with Health Care reform as it is now, it will only be political suicide if it doesn't work.

Bullshit on two counts.

1.) Every single media outlet has reported this gathering. CNN has a video of a reporter there, and a news article. Stop with the baseless bullshit.

2.) Also, did Dubya "take a closer look at this War platform" as a result of the protests? I don't think so. It wasn't political suicide for he and the other Republicans obviously. It wasn't until after the war got unpopular for the majority did they give a damn what people thought. Even then, they still didn't care.

Just cause there's a whole lot of them doesn't make them any more correct. This is just political grandstanding - organized by PACs who want to disrupt the president's agenda. (And don't bother screaming "they did it first" - I still don't care).

I'm not claiming the protests are "astroturf". I'm not claiming that the protesters are paid to be there. I'm not venting moral outrage at the organizers. I'm stating facts - these protests have been organized by well connected and funded groups with the intended purpose of disrupting the President, nothing more or less. I speak from a position of knowledge - I've organized many of this same sort of protest, many times.(Not quite on the same scale, of course).

This is just grandstanding. Just like the protests during Bush's term about the war - Did it stop the war? Of course not. Will these protests make any difference? Of course not.

Bullshit they won't. You get 2 million Americans showing up at DC protesting the policies of the admin and it will make a difference. It's what the left has tried to do multiple times, and despite careful filming to make their TRUE fringe "protests" down through the years to give the public the mistaken idea that there were a lot of them, the truth of the matter is..the left is the "fringe" movement in this country.

And your comment that you don't care how many there are, they're still wrong and it won't make any difference tags you as a fascist, because the implication is that the majority, in a democratic republic, shouldn't have any power and should be overlooked.

Invest in fucking photoshop. Goddammit.

Your pics are a whole shitload of fail. If you compiled all the fail since the beginning of man, placed it all in a huge pile, it would not come close to the pile of craptastic fail that are your MSPaint shenanigans.

Seriously. Here's a free photoshop type of program.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Please. Stop.

Bullshit they won't. You get 2 million Americans showing up at DC protesting the policies of the admin and it will make a difference. It's what the left has tried to do multiple times, and despite careful filming to make their TRUE fringe "protests" down through the years to give the public the mistaken idea that there were a lot of them, the truth of the matter is..the left is the "fringe" movement in this country.
First of all, its a fantasy to think that 2 million people showed up. I would go with probably closer to 250,000 people. The infrastructure of DC would be overwhelmed by 2 million people, like during the inauguration. Secondly, as many, if not more people protested the war back in 2002 - and we all know how effective those protests were.

And your comment that you don't care how many there are, they're still wrong and it won't make any difference tags you as a fascist, because the implication is that the majority, in a democratic republic, shouldn't have any power and should be overlooked.

Aside from the fact that you don't know what the word "fascist" means, by that same logic Bush should have resigned, back when his approval numbers were in the teens. Unfortunately, politicians get to serve out their terms - and Obama will still be president tomorrow, whether or not he listens to the protesters. All the protesters are doing is making noise.

First of all, its a fantasy to think that 2 million people showed up. I would go with probably closer to 250,000 people. The infrastructure of DC would be overwhelmed by 2 million people, like during the inauguration. Secondly, as many, if not more people protested the war back in 2002 - and we all know how effective those protests were.

Aside from the fact that you don't know what the word "fascist" means, by that same logic Bush should have resigned, back when his approval numbers were in the teens. Unfortunately, politicians get to serve out their terms - and Obama will still be president tomorrow, whether or not he listens to the protesters. All the protesters are doing is making noise.

Nobody showed up at the whitehouse or protested in the millions at organized rallies across the nation during Bush's TWO terms as president.

And I never suggested that Obama not serve out his term. The protesters are not calling for his removal, yet. They are protesting his policies, and they are right to do so. If he doesn't listen, he may be the first president to be forced out of office without being impeached or killed.

My guess is he will be rendered completely powerless when the elections of 2010 take place. If he finds a way to prevent that from happening, then see what happens.

Nobody showed up at the whitehouse or protested in the millions at organized rallies across the nation during Bush's TWO terms as president.
What about these people?
New York police wouldn't provide a crowd estimate, but the protesters stretched for 20 blocks along First Avenue and spilled west to Second Avenue, where police in riot gear and on horseback patrolled.

CBS News correspondent Jim Acosta says organizers claim the rally drew five hundred thousand people. There were certainly several hundred thousand, Acosta reports, carrying signs that read "no blood for oil" and "get the warheads out of D.C."

At times protesters broke down the barricades that were designed to contain them and scuffled with police, and there were some arrests, Acosta adds. Many were taking out their frustration on the city's decision to prevent the demonstrators from marching through the streets, and in front of the United Nations, because of terror concerns, Acota explains.

Anti-war rallies were also held in about 150 U.S. cities, from Yakima, Wash., to St. Petersburg, Fla., as well as in major cities including Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami and Seattle. Protesters in Detroit chanted "Give peace a chance."
Massive Anti-War Outpouring - CBS News

And I never suggested that Obama not serve out his term. The protesters are not calling for his removal, yet. They are protesting his policies, and they are right to do so. If he doesn't listen, he may be the first president to be forced out of office without being impeached or killed.
How exactly would he be forced out of office? Are you suggesting a coup?

My guess is he will be rendered completely powerless when the elections of 2010 take place. If he finds a way to prevent that from happening, then see what happens.

We'll see.

Last edited:
i'm confused...why is Fox being lumped in saying that 2 million people were there...I checked their article and it said tens of thousands...

i'm confused...why is Fox being lumped in saying that 2 million people were there...I checked their article and it said tens of thousands...

Well, I kept posting that their article said "tens of thousands" but to Eagleseven and others that translate to 2 million.

Well, I kept posting that their article said "tens of thousands" but to Eagleseven and others that translate to 2 million.

2 million of what?

does his source say? i won't read sources, hahaha. i also don't ever want to hear the end of a sentence.

we're going with two million roberto fox got your memo and yer marching orders, get the hell over it.

What about these people?

Massive Anti-War Outpouring - CBS News

How exactly would he be forced out of office? Are you suggesting a coup?

We'll see.

Perfect example of taking what is being said and trying to distort it to mean something else because you can't argue what's actually been said.

As I said, the few protest rallies during Bush's TWO terms were HUGELY reported on, and exaggerated.

There was never anything like this..the ongoing protests over the de-Americanization of the US, and the HUGE crowds who are of one mind.

Difference...Then a few fringers occasionally got together and acted creepy during Bush' presidency over pretty much myriad ridiculous crap.

Now MILLIONS of US voters, reprsenting the MAJORITY of the US (though still called fringers, lol) are gathering in huge numbers to protest singularly and with one voice.

And I do know what fascist means. You can play with it all you like. Anyone who dismisses a nationwide protest movement of such proportions as "not mattering" and "wrong" is a fascist.

Alinsky indicates that you should care. However, when park polic comes out with an estimate, you can gloat or suck it up. Until then, cheap talk is all you have. It's all anyone has. Yet you focus on it. What a fucking tool.

Forum List

Back