David Weiss Was willing To End Hunter Biden Probe Earlier This Year Without Any Charges

Yeah, I can think of plenty of reasons, one could be weak evidence, another being that stronger evidence of more serious crimes or fraud were in the cooker during an ongoing investigation so that took priority.

I'm just speculating as I'm not involved with the investigation but to answer your question, yes of course there are several reason that could explain the events. And in the end they all can and should be explained.
Let me see if I've got this right, Slade...you've got Trump indicted for over 90 different things...most of which are real stretches of the law...but you don't get a single indictment for any of the Bidens despite rather obvious examples of tax evasion? Then you posit that Weiss was holding out for more serious crimes? With all due respect, Weiss was going to let Hunter off with two misdemeanor charges while he let all of the felonies go! The IRS whistleblowers were quite clear that Hunter broke the law and they were appalled that he wasn't indicted for doing so. The New York Times just reported that Weiss was originally not going to charge Hunter with ANYTHING! Not a thing! So explain that. I'm dying to hear what your explanation is for Weiss's performance!

Weiss is in Delaware, not Washington. John Huber, the author of the Huber Investigation Report, is from Salt Lake City, because Trump didn't want a Washington hack doing it.

It may be shocking to you to know that professional people can do their jobs with great ability even if they don't like or support the client. I was once assigned to get a business license for a strip club three blocks from my house, and which the entire nighbourhood wanted closed. My streetcar stop to go to work had to be moved two blocks from that place because of all of the women who were assaulted by drunks coming out of that place.

I begged not to have to do this. I'd rather set fire to the place than help that guy. And I was refused. I shut up, sat down, and got that asshole his liquor license as quickly and efficiently as possible to it over and done with. The club owner was very pleased with my work. That's how professionals behave.
Weiss is very much connected to the Hill.
First he didn't want to charge Hunter, then he helped create a plea deal where hunter would have had a cherry pie
to the point that he could have been exonerated with future crimes. Luckily a judge saw through that.
So, it really isn't an even playing field regarding Weiss.

Like I said, if he doesn't slow down the congressional investigation, I'll be fine with him.
But, the smart money is on him putting up a road block to congress.

Yeah, I can think of plenty of reasons, one could be weak evidence, another being that stronger evidence of more serious crimes or fraud were in the cooker during an ongoing investigation so that took priority.

I'm just speculating as I'm not involved with the investigation but to answer your question, yes of course there are several reason that could explain the events. And in the end they all can and should be explained.
But rather than explain why Weiss did what he did...Merrick Garland simply appointed him as Special Counsel? That doesn't stink to high heaven's to you? Why would you appoint someone who hasn't done anything for five years...to continue to investigate someone that they tried to give a sweetheart plea deal to that would have let Hunter off on all other charges?

So winning elections mean you can predetermine the result, and not have a fair investigation?
I know, that's what I've been saying.
No. It means you are in charge of who is investigating and in this case it's Weiss.

What predetermined rest would you be speaking of?

The judge threw out the plea deal and Merrick Garland appointed a special prosecutor. So, I guess there IS evidence.

The judge threw out the plea deal because she didn't like the terms of the plea agreement, which was badly written and would have required to her to make the decision as to whether HB had violated the terms of the plea deal and would face further charges. She said that was a DOJ decision, and leave her out of it.

She did question why an investigation which took 5 years and used the resources of three federal agencies, only produced 2 misdemeanor charges, and a bypass. Was this the best use of government resources.

The US district judge Maryellen Noreika, a Trump appointee, expressed concern about her role in enforcing the terms of the plea agreement struck between prosecutors and Hunter Biden’s lawyers.

“It seems to me like you are saying ‘just rubber stamp the agreement, Your Honor,’” Noreika said. “This seems to me to be form over substance.”

Prosecutors and Hunter Biden’s attorneys also clashed over whether the agreement would protect the president’s son from additional charges in the future. At one point, Weiss said the investigation into Hunter Biden was ongoing, but he would not share details on the inquiry."

See also.

Victimhood is a typical response.

How are trumpers not getting a fair shake? Because the investigator who was appointed by trump isn't calling for Bidens head over some tax issues?

Because he was appointed by Trump.

No "allegiance" was shown. Just routine conduct.

Garland appointed him because he asked to be appointed...finally.
Garland appointed him because of his track record with Hunter's legal woes.
You think Garland and Weiss didn't have any conversations prior to
the appointment? :laughing0301:

First off:

1. Hillary didn't install the servers. The were installed for Bill when he left office, as part of his communications system with the incoming administration, and for use in their Foundation work.

Because past Presidents are given briefings and sensitive documents, the Clinton servers were set up with the best anti-hacker protections money could buy, and the Clinton servers were never hacked - despite multiple attempts. The same cannot be said for government servers, which are installed on a lowest bid contract basis.

2. Clinton asked the outgoing administration how they handled email given the 25 megabyte restriction on storage for all government employees. The Bush Administration told her they used private servers and recommended that Clinton do the same.

3. The servers were not illegal until 2013. Here's an article on the Bush Administration losing 22 million emails, and crickets from you clowns.

This is from a 2015 article:

"Clinton’s private email account surfaced publicly in March 2013 after a convicted Romanian hacker known as Guccifer published emails stolen from former White House adviser Sidney Blumenthal. The Internet domain was registered around the time of her secretary of state nomination."

and this one:

"President Barack Obama signed a bill last year that bans the use of private email accounts by government officials unless they retain copies of messages in their official account or forward copies to their government accounts within 20 days. The bill did not become law until more than one year after Clinton left the State Department."

3. Clinton ordered her staff to go through the server, delete all personal emails and emails relating to Chelsea's wedding, and ensure copies of all SoS emails were sent to the Archives. And then scrub the servers. There is nothing illegal or nefarious about that.

There was no attempt to circumvent the law. The order was issued, in writing, 3 months before the House sent a subpoena for the server and the emails, and after 6 Benghazi Investigation had found no evidence of wrong doing. You keep telling us that Hillary's email was secret and hidden, and absolutely none of that was true.

Everybody in Washington knew she was using her private email because her email address was on every email anybody in the government sent to HC, or from HC. Top Republicans knew she was using a private server because they told her to do it.

What does it take for you to realize that the email investigation was a bogus allegation, meant to discredit Clinton's run for the White House.

Republicans, having succeeded in keeping Clinton out of the White House with a phony investigation of the Clintons, are trying to run the same playbook on the Bidens. The American people won't get fooled again.
Wow...what a bunch of complete drivel! Bill Clinton had nothing to do with the two servers that Hillary paid to have installed in her home. Hillary ran the State Department through those servers to avoid Congressional oversight...something that she KNEW was illegal! Then when Benghazi blew up she deliberately lied to Congressional investigators when she told them that she'd turned over all documents related to Behganzi! She didn't turn over ANY of the communications that were on those hidden servers! She then paid to have those servers professionally scrubbed something that NOBODY would do simply to remove emails about a wedding! She then had her Blackberries smashed with hammers. Did she do THAT to get rid of wedding emails? The GOP didn't tell Hillary to use secret servers and your claim that they did is another lie! Bill Clinton cut a deal with Loretta Lynch to get the Obama DOJ to not charge Hillary for obvious violations of the law and obstruction of justice in her coverup. Or do you buy that bullshit that they talked about their "grand kids" after clearing the plane of staff on the tarmac in Arizona? Don't make me laugh!

So winning elections mean you can predetermine the result, and not have a fair investigation?
I know, that's what I've been saying.

They DID have fair investigations, and the FBI and the DOJ followed up every single lead, and found nothing. Bill Barr said they found nothing, and they really looked. Barr even sent out a directive to all states that all fraud attempts or reports of fraud, were to be given to the FBI immediately, before counts were completed.

Donald Trump really shot himself in his own foot in terms of election fraud, by running around saying that he thought the election would be decided in the courts. He said that back in the summer, when he first realized he was not going to win.

Given Trump's long history of frivolous litigation, state elections officials took Trump at his word. They took their jobs seriously and they didn't want it on THEIR record, that they allowed cheating in their states, so every state in the union went to extra lengths to ensure that their elections could withstand any kind of court challenge when it was over. The result was the cleanest, most honest election in American history.

Once again Dumb Donald thwarts his own plans.

No. It means you are in charge of who is investigating and in this case it's Weiss.

What predetermined rest would you be speaking of?
A Special Counsel is required to be outside of the Government, Cats! Care to explain how appointing one that works in the Department of Justice for Merrick Garland and Joe Biden is "outside" of the Government?

Wow...what a bunch of complete drivel! Bill Clinton had nothing to do with the two servers that Hillary paid to have installed in her home. Hillary ran the State Department through those servers to avoid Congressional oversight...something that she KNEW was illegal! Then when Benghazi blew up she deliberately lied to Congressional investigators when she told them that she'd turned over all documents related to Behganzi! She didn't turn over ANY of the communications that were on those hidden servers! She then paid to have those servers professionally scrubbed something that NOBODY would do simply to remove emails about a wedding! She then had her Blackberries smashed with hammers. Did she do THAT to get rid of wedding emails? The GOP didn't tell Hillary to use secret servers and your claim that they did is another lie! Bill Clinton cut a deal with Loretta Lynch to get the Obama DOJ to not charge Hillary for obvious violations of the law and obstruction of justice in her coverup. Or do you buy that bullshit that they talked about their "grand kids" after clearing the plane of staff on the tarmac in Arizona? Don't make me laugh!

Notice how I supported everything I said with links to news reports, and historical records, and you pulled Trump's talking points out your ass with NOTHING to back it up.

Hillary was not running the entire State Department off that server. The only thing on that server was her emails.

Loretta Lynch didn't make the charging decision, Comey did, and every investigation done by the Trump Administration in the years since have said it was entirely correct.

Garland appointed him because of his track record with Hunter's legal woes.
You think Garland and Weiss didn't have any conversations prior to
the appointment? :laughing0301:
I already told you. He appointed Weiss because Weiss said he wanted the appointment to continue the investigation.

You nor I can intelligently comment on any conversation between Weiss and garland. Instead,.you are making partison assumptions.

Notice how I supported everything I said with links to news reports, and historical records, and you pulled Trump's talking points out your ass with NOTHING to back it up.

Hillary was not running the entire State Department off that server. The only thing on that server was her emails.

Loretta Lynch didn't make the charging decision, Comey did, and every investigation done by the Trump Administration in the years since have said it was entirely correct.
Oh bullshit...Loretta Lynch is Comey's boss! She has that secret meeting with Slick Willie on the tarmac in Arizona...a meeting that they cleared the plane to have...and then less than a week later Comey makes that tortured explanation that he didn't charge Hillary Clinton with a crime even though she had broken the law because Hillary wasn't "sophisticated" enough to understand that what she had been doing was illegal! That's the biggest crock of shit EVER to come out of an FBI Director's mouth! I can't think of ANYONE who's as sophisticated as Hillary Clinton is about how things work in Washington!

Let me see if I've got this right, Slade...you've got Trump indicted for over 90 different things...most of which are real stretches of the law...but you don't get a single indictment for any of the Bidens despite rather obvious examples of tax evasion? Then you posit that Weiss was holding out for more serious crimes? With all due respect, Weiss was going to let Hunter off with two misdemeanor charges while he let all of the felonies go! The IRS whistleblowers were quite clear that Hunter broke the law and they were appalled that he wasn't indicted for doing so. The New York Times just reported that Weiss was originally not going to charge Hunter with ANYTHING! Not a thing! So explain that. I'm dying to hear what your explanation is for Weiss's performance!
I imagine Trumps deal in NY will go very similarly. That’s typically how tax cases go. Fines and probation are given. Imagine if trumps NY tax case went for 5 years and then a special prosecutor was appointed… can you say hissy fit??

As for all the other conspiracy shit y’all spout. You need evidence for that. You don’t have it

But rather than explain why Weiss did what he did...Merrick Garland simply appointed him as Special Counsel? That doesn't stink to high heaven's to you? Why would you appoint someone who hasn't done anything for five years...to continue to investigate someone that they tried to give a sweetheart plea deal to that would have let Hunter off on all other charges?
Well as I just explained, it wasn’t a sweetheart deal so we are already misaligned in the conversation. You gotta get off the political talking points at some point if you want to have a real conversation about it.

Just remember. The harsher you want to be on Hunter for the tax stuff goes hand in hand with what I’d expect you to support for Trump in his tax case

When you live in a Banana Republic, like the US, then the fix is always in for the ruling elite.

Laws don't apply to the Rulers, just their political opponents and us peons.

Flush, you are dumber than a sack of hammers. Trump is only running for office so he can claim political persecution. He's not Biden's political opponent. Biden's opponent won't be named until next year at this time. Trump is ineligible to run, under the 14th Amendment of the Constitution, and has been ineligible since January 6th.

Flush thinks that the President is your "ruler" and politicians are the "ruling elite". The President is a "civil servant". The President is YOUR EMPLOYEE, and as such he is answerable to the voters. Trump works for you, and is supposed to serve YOUR interests, not his own.

Your nation was founded on the principle that "all men are created equal", so your abject willingness to give Trump and his criminal syndicate "elite status" and exempt him from prosecution is complete bullshit. As is the idea that "laws don't apply to rulers".

Weiss is in Delaware, not Washington. John Huber, the author of the Huber Investigation Report, is from Salt Lake City, because Trump didn't want a Washington hack doing it.

It may be shocking to you to know that professional people can do their jobs with great ability even if they don't like or support the client. I was once assigned to get a business license for a strip club three blocks from my house, and which the entire nighbourhood wanted closed. My streetcar stop to go to work had to be moved two blocks from that place because of all of the women who were assaulted by drunks coming out of that place.

I begged not to have to do this. I'd rather set fire to the place than help that guy. And I was refused. I shut up, sat down, and got that asshole his liquor license as quickly and efficiently as possible to it over and done with. The club owner was very pleased with my work. That's how professionals behave.
A professional would not have let the statute of limitations expire on years of unreported income and hundreds of thousands of dollars in back taxes.

I imagine Trumps deal in NY will go very similarly. That’s typically how tax cases go. Fines and probation are given. Imagine if trumps NY tax case went for 5 years and then a special prosecutor was appointed… can you say hissy fit??

As for all the other conspiracy shit y’all spout. You need evidence for that. You don’t have it
It's the New York Times that's reporting that Weiss wasn't going to charge Hunter with ANYTHING before the IRS whistleblowers came forward to testify! Do you think they're part of some "conspiracy shit", Slade? Come on...you know it's what happened and it's sleazy as hell! There's zero chance that any prosecutor in NY would have let three years of Trump not paying millions in taxes expire because of the statute of limitations! So what you've got here is two tiers of justice...one of liberals...one for conservatives.

Forum List

Back