Darling Of The Left,Michael Moore Gives $20K For Assange Bail...

Oh, look! Another leftist claiming that possession of stolen property isn't a crime! :lol:

Possession of stolen information is NOT a crime. There is quite a bit of precedence to show it. But of course you've ignored that.
Y'know, pretending the law doesn't exist doesn't really make it not there.

18 U.S.C. § 793 : US Code - Section 793: Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or
control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch,
photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model,
instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or
information relating to the national defense which information the
possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the
United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully
communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated,
delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver,
transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the
same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains
the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the
United States entitled to receive it; or

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten
years, or both.​
Well, looky there. You're wrong.

Wow, you know that's the same section of law that Michell used to attempt to stop the NY Times from publishing the Pentagon Papers? Remember how the Supreme Court ruled in that one?

If not, I'll remind you:
FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Not to change the subject,but $20K does seem pretty stingy considering how wealthy Moore is. He couldn't come up with more than that? What's that sound a bird makes?

Possession of stolen information is NOT a crime. There is quite a bit of precedence to show it. But of course you've ignored that.

18 U.S.C. § 793 : US Code - Section 793: Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

years, or both.​

Wow, you know that's the same section of law that Michell used to attempt to stop the NY Times from publishing the Pentagon Papers? Remember how the Supreme Court ruled in that one?

If not, I'll remind you:
That only applies if Assange is a journalist.

He's not.

And these places are secret and nobody knows where they are?? Yeah, right....:cuckoo:
Post your address. I mean, people know where you live, right?

what has my address have to do with public infrastructure that a five year old could find out where it's location is? Do you think the 9-11 douchebags took a 'guess' at where the twin towers or pentagon were located?

Ijit...

years, or both.​

If not, I'll remind you:

He's not.

You don't get to decide who's a journalist and who's not. For all intents and purposes, he is.

Well this is an interesting discussion.
I sure hope the Wikileaks is able to release the much anticipated information on the major bank that was to be the next release.
As far as the classified data released earlier, if they did put our troops, intelligence officers and resources in danger, then I have a huge problem with Assange. For exposing criminal conduct of the US government, I have no problem with that at all.
Finally, where was the outrage that is directed at Michael Moore, when Valerie Plame was outed? And no matter what the deniers claim, as noted in court documents, Plame met all the qualifers for being "covert" and she was confirmed as "covert" by General Hayden (a Bush appointee).

Not to change the subject,but $20K does seem pretty stingy considering how wealthy Moore is. He couldn't come up with more than that? What's that sound a bird makes?

The sound when it throws up into its babies' mouths?

If not, I'll remind you:

He's not.

You don't get to decide who's a journalist and who's not. For all intents and purposes, he is.

Julian Asswipe is about as much a journalist as Opie dope is a centrist.

This is what I find interesting. Assanges bail is under 500,000 and Moore who is conservatively worth over 100 million only offers a pithy 20 grand? That's almost an insult or is he really just that cheap a bastard?
Moore is not worth anything near that much. Where are you getting your numbers?

He's worths 25 million

Michael Moore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
Wow - did you see the celebrity homes section?

This is what I find interesting. Assanges bail is under 500,000 and Moore who is conservatively worth over 100 million only offers a pithy 20 grand? That's almost an insult or is he really just that cheap a bastard?
Moore is not worth anything near that much. Where are you getting your numbers?

He's not worth a squirt of piss. His assets are worth well over 100 million.
Apparently, you are mistaken.

For exposing dirty work and dishonesty, yeah he should be punished for exposing what our elected officials do dishonestly.

Good to know that the lives of Americans - particularly those who live outside US borders - and our troops are less important to you than a bunch of stupid shit.

I'm currently outside of the US and I am not at any risk because of what wikileaks posted. And don't ever again accuse me of thinking that lives of American troops are less important, besides Flaylo, I have other relatives that are in the military and I'm a military vet myself and like I said and will repeat it again, nothing released so far has put troops at risk, the only reason politicians are complaining is because they're afraid their own dirty actions might come to light.

You may not feel you are at any risk... but the fact (and it is a fact) that other security agencies around the world are refusing to share information that may be vital to stopping terror attacks puts all of us at greater risk. That you don't know it, doesn't make it less a fact.

Troll fail.

Assange might call himself a journalist. I could call myself the Queen of England - wouldn't make it true. Assange is not a journalist. He has no degree in journalism, he has not worked as a journalist.... in fact, between him and me, I'd be more accurately described as a journalist than him. But don't let facts get in your way.

Troll fail.

Assange might call himself a journalist. I could call myself the Queen of England - wouldn't make it true. Assange is not a journalist. He has no degree in journalism, he has not worked as a journalist.... in fact, between him and me, I'd be more accurately described as a journalist than him. But don't let facts get in your way.

You think that Freedom of the Press only applies to people with degrees in Journalism?

Forum List

Back