Darling Of The Left,Michael Moore Gives $20K For Assange Bail...

I would rather Americans do not betray their fellow Americans by stealing secret information and passing it on to attention seeking fools like Assange.

You want to silence whistleblowers? Wow, your corporate overlords have taught you well.

For one, CG doesn't understand the difference between espionage which is passing on sensitive information to the enemy[and even some of our "friends"] that could hurt the country and the stuff that wikileaks published, which isn't espionage. Bradley Manning, the soldier who allegedly leaked some classified information is *NOT* being charged with espionage.

This is what I find interesting. Assanges bail is under 500,000 and Moore who is conservatively worth over 100 million only offers a pithy 20 grand? That's almost an insult or is he really just that cheap a bastard?
Moore is not worth anything near that much. Where are you getting your numbers?

He's not worth a squirt of piss. His assets are worth well over 100 million.

I really do think this is a major 'Talking Point' cluster fuck for Leftists. First they were here calling for this guy's head and righteously defending their Democrat President. That was the original Talking Point they received and they sure did run with it. Now it looks like they have received new Talking Points which order them to start defending Assange. It seems the Left really is pretty confused on this one. They just can't seem to get their own Talking Points right.

TRUTH is terrorism in America.

WTF

We have security and secrecy for a reason. To keep people and countries safe.

Commiting espionage, like assangehole did, is not to be celebrated for any reason what so ever. and Moore is nothing but a PR seeking whore for doing this.

If you think he cares, think again.

He didn't commit espionage stupid, totally false claim, he didn't do any spying, the only people you could charge with espionage are those who gave him the information.

I really do think this is a major 'Talking Point' cluster fuck for Leftists. First they were here calling for this guy's head and righteously defending their Democrat President. That was the original Talking Point they received and they sure did run with it. Now it looks like they have received new Talking Points which order them to start defending Assange. It seems the Left really is pretty confused on this one. They just can't seem to get their own Talking Points right.

I don't see this as a partisan issue.

Is absolutely every issue one that must divide America?

Besides both the left and the right rallied to villify Assange while sparing Der Spiegel, the Guardian and the NYT from most angst.

Only a minority supports Assange. Tho I suspect quite a few see that there are two sides to this issue.

This topic really highlights the degree to which you subscribe to top down authoritarianism.

You keep repeating the same nonsense .. even though you don't seem to know what a liberal is.

Post the flip-flop of actual liberals, not the phantom ones you imagine.

Last edited:

Besides both the left and the right rallied to villify Assange while sparing Der Spiegel, the Guardian and the NYT from most angst.

Only a minority supports Assange. Tho I suspect quite a few see that there are two sides to this issue.

This topic really highlights the degree to which you subscribe to top down authoritarianism.

Absolutely correct

I would rather Americans do not betray their fellow Americans by stealing secret information and passing it on to attention seeking fools like Assange.

You want to silence whistleblowers? Wow, your corporate overlords have taught you well.

For one, CG doesn't understand the difference between espionage which is passing on sensitive information to the enemy[and even some of our "friends"] that could hurt the country and the stuff that wikileaks published, which isn't espionage. Bradley Manning, the soldier who allegedly leaked some classified information is *NOT* being charged with espionage.

Private First Class Bradley E. Manning (born December 17, 1987) is a United States Army soldier who has been arrested and charged with the unauthorized use and disclosure of U.S. classified information.

In times of war that can get you executed.

This is what I find interesting. Assanges bail is under 500,000 and Moore who is conservatively worth over 100 million only offers a pithy 20 grand? That's almost an insult or is he really just that cheap a bastard?

I suggest you do a little digging and you will see he made 25 million from the movie "Sicko" alone, and that does not include DVD sales which he also gets.

He's worths 25 million

Michael Moore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

That was from the movie "Sicko" alone. His movies have grossed over 300 million worldwide and he gets a hefty share of all of them.

I hear ya but like it or not,politics plays a part in most everything. I'm pretty sure if a Republican was in there right now,the Left would have been joyously defending Assange from the very beginning. I'm just talking about what i have observed. The Left first came out and righteously defended their Democratic President while calling for Assange's head. Their spin does seem to be changing a bit now but their change was pretty slow in coming. You can't righteously defend your President on this while at the same time praising Assange. That seems very disingenuous and hypocritical to me.

Private First Class Bradley E. Manning (born December 17, 1987) is a United States Army soldier who has been arrested and charged with the unauthorized use and disclosure of U.S. classified information.

Those who gave the information to wikileaks should be prosecuted, that I agree with, however, since wikileaks didn't solicit anyone to give them the information they didn't commit espionage. Bradley Manning should be punished, as a service member with a security clearance he took an oath not to reveal any information so he is wrong.

I hear ya but like it or not,politics plays a part in most everything. I'm pretty sure if a Republican was in there right now,the Left would have been joyously defending Assange from the very beginning. I'm just talking about what i have observed. The Left first came out and righteously defended their Democratic President while calling for Assange's head. Their spin does seem to be changing a bit now but their change was pretty slow in coming. You can't righteously defend your President on this while at the same time praising Assange. That seems very disingenuous and hypocritical to me.

Gawd man, everything isn't about Obama! Or Assange.

Maybe I am just weird but the issues behind this case are really interesting and novel. And important because they will shape our future profoundly.

Those who gave the information to wikileaks should be prosecuted, that I agree with, however, since wikileaks didn't solicit anyone to give them the information they didn't commit espionage. Bradley Manning should be punished, as a service member with a security clearance he took an oath not to reveal any information so he is wrong.

You don't have to ask to be guilty of conspiracy to commit -the civilian version of Mannings crimes.

If this guy posted secret information that put American troops in harm's way such the position of troops on the battlefield and classified information about secret agents who could be killed then he is wrong and should be prosecuted, but if he's only posting the dirty laundry of politicians and their hypocrisy of how they tell people one thing and say another I say leave him the hell alone, politicians have been lying to Americans for too long.

I am always amazed at the limited intellect of seemingly intelligent people. Bass, I thought you would be able to see the incredible amount of damaged Assange has done.... not embarrassing.... but actually putting Americans in danger - our troops, and our citizens.

what a load of crap...examples please...

Remember the left shitting themselves over the "climategate" emails that demonstrated the fraud that is GW? Remember the NYT refusing to publish them?

This on the other hand... the anti-American left embraces.

Yup. Awesome.

Forum List

Back