Darling Of The Left,Michael Moore Gives $20K For Assange Bail...

Private First Class Bradley E. Manning (born December 17, 1987) is a United States Army soldier who has been arrested and charged with the unauthorized use and disclosure of U.S. classified information.

In times of war that can get you executed.

Those who gave the information to wikileaks should be prosecuted, that I agree with, however, since wikileaks didn't solicit anyone to give them the information they didn't commit espionage. Bradley Manning should be punished, as a service member with a security clearance he took an oath not to reveal any information so he is wrong.

You don't have to ask to be guilty of conspiracy to commit -the civilian version of Mannings crimes.

I'm stating what the law says, had wikileaks solicited classified information it would be a crime, the real criminals are those who passed the information to wikileaks.

Those who gave the information to wikileaks should be prosecuted, that I agree with, however, since wikileaks didn't solicit anyone to give them the information they didn't commit espionage. Bradley Manning should be punished, as a service member with a security clearance he took an oath not to reveal any information so he is wrong.

You don't have to ask to be guilty of conspiracy to commit -the civilian version of Mannings crimes.

I'm stating what the law says, had wikileaks solicited classified information it would be a crime, the real criminals are those who passed the information to wikileaks.

You are correct on this point sir. Manning should spend the rest of his days in prison... and may likely do so.

I really do think this is a major 'Talking Point' cluster fuck for Leftists. First they were here calling for this guy's head and righteously defending their Democrat President. That was the original Talking Point they received and they sure did run with it. Now it looks like they have received new Talking Points which order them to start defending Assange. It seems the Left really is pretty confused on this one. They just can't seem to get their own Talking Points right.

What the HELL are you talking about??? Please show us these "lefty" posts asking him for his head on a platter... Leftists are not generally democrats, by the way, but independent. And also, the left do not use "talking points", that is the GOP tactic. They even have a manual.

He's not only posting dirty laundry.

WikiLeaks lists sites key to U.S. security
The diplomats identified dozens of places on every continent, including mines, manufacturing complexes, ports and research establishments. CNN is not publishing specific details from the list, which refers to pipelines and undersea telecommunications cables as well as the location of minerals or chemicals critical to U.S. industry.

The list also mentions dams close to the U.S. border and a telecommunications hub whose destruction might seriously disrupt global communications. Diplomats also identified sites of strategic importance for supplying U.S. forces and interests abroad, such as in the Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf and the Panama Canal.

The cable is classified secret and not for review by non-U.S. personnel.​

Just the fact that he's publishing classified information - no matter how trivial - has done untold damage to our ability to work with our allies. The man needs to be charged, tried and, hopefully, do serious time in a US Federal prison... in the general populaton... where our fellow Americans can 'splain to him just what we think of people who put our fellow Americans at risk.

For exposing dirty work and dishonesty, yeah he should be punished for exposing what our elected officials do dishonestly.
And if some terrorist attacks a site on the leaked list, you will dutifully and unthinkingly blame George Bush, won't you?

Espionage

Definition - Noun
: the practice of gathering,[manning] transmitting,[assange] or losing through gross negligence information relating to the defense of the U.S. with the intent that or with reason to believe that the information will be used to the injury of the U.S. or the advantage of a foreign nation
Espionage Legal Definition - Lawyers.com

Seems to me they fall well into that.

For exposing dirty work and dishonesty, yeah he should be punished for exposing what our elected officials do dishonestly.

Good to know that the lives of Americans - particularly those who live outside US borders - and our troops are less important to you than a bunch of stupid shit.

I'm currently outside of the US and I am not at any risk because of what wikileaks posted. And don't ever again accuse me of thinking that lives of American troops are less important, besides Flaylo, I have other relatives that are in the military and I'm a military vet myself and like I said and will repeat it again, nothing released so far has put troops at risk, the only reason politicians are complaining is because they're afraid their own dirty actions might come to light.
Is that list of classified sites only military installations?

No?

Then it looks like the lives of Americans who aren't troops really don't mean much to you, do they?

And if some terrorist attacks a site on the leaked list, you will dutifully and unthinkingly blame George Bush, won't you?

If that terrorist comes from Iraq - which had NO terrorist cells until our little war for profit; or if that "terrorist" had been held for years and years for no reason in Gitmo without due process, then yes, whole-heartedly, I would blame the Bush administration. You righties need to learn that there are repurcussions for your actions, no matter how much money you make for your beloved corporations.

Oh, look! Another leftist claiming that possession of stolen property isn't a crime! :lol:

You are correct on this point sir. Manning should spend the rest of his days in prison... and may likely do so.

The military likes to add "hard labor". He will look at death as a sweet release from decades of pain.

I would rather Americans do not betray their fellow Americans by stealing secret information and passing it on to attention seeking fools like Assange.

You want to silence whistleblowers? Wow, your corporate overlords have taught you well.

For one, CG doesn't understand the difference between espionage which is passing on sensitive information to the enemy[and even some of our "friends"] that could hurt the country and the stuff that wikileaks published, which isn't espionage. Bradley Manning, the soldier who allegedly leaked some classified information is *NOT* being charged with espionage.
How is Wikileaks keeping our enemies from seeing what they posted?

Wait...they aren't?

Well, then. Looks like they're passing on sensitive information to the enemy, huh?

To further illustrate my point, no one knew that J Edgar Hoover had an COINTELPRO covert program that among other things, harassed MLK and encouraged him to commit suicide and used lies. the only reason it came to light was when some people broke into the FBI's headquarters and obtained the documents.

And.... to illustrate mine.... Other security agencies around the world are not sharing information with our security services.... because we cannot be trusted with secrets. That information is vital to our national security. Because of Assange, our ability to uncover terrorist plots against the US has been compromised. That puts American lives at risk.

Source? Cause this isn't happening....

To further illustrate my point, no one knew that J Edgar Hoover had an COINTELPRO covert program that among other things, harassed MLK and encouraged him to commit suicide and used lies. the only reason it came to light was when some people broke into the FBI's headquarters and obtained the documents.

And.... to illustrate mine.... Other security agencies around the world are not sharing information with our security services.... because we cannot be trusted with secrets. That information is vital to our national security. Because of Assange, our ability to uncover terrorist plots against the US has been compromised. That puts American lives at risk.

Source? Cause this isn't happening....

:eusa_whistle:

Officials may be overstating the danger from WikiLeaks | McClatchy

But despite similar warnings ahead of the previous two massive releases of classified U.S. intelligence reports by the website, U.S. officials concede that they have no evidence to date that the documents led to anyone's death.

Before Sunday's release, news organizations given access to the documents and WikiLeaks took the greatest care to date to ensure no one would be put in danger. In statements accompanying stories about the documents, several newspapers said they voluntarily withheld information and that they cooperated with the State Department and the Obama administration to ensure nothing released could endanger lives or national security.

Oh, look! Another leftist claiming that possession of stolen property isn't a crime! :lol:

Possession of stolen information is NOT a crime. There is quite a bit of precedence to show it. But of course you've ignored that.

Possession of stolen information is NOT a crime. There is quite a bit of precedence to show it. But of course you've ignored that.
Y'know, pretending the law doesn't exist doesn't really make it not there.

18 U.S.C. § 793 : US Code - Section 793: Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or
control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch,
photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model,
instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or
information relating to the national defense which information the
possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the
United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully
communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated,
delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver,
transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the
same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains
the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the