'Dark Side' of homosexual culture

Hagbard Celine said:
Homos serve in the military too. What's your point warhawk?

My siblings live in another city, so playing with them will have to wait.

Whatever you may believe about your god has nothing to do with this debate. The bottom line is that homos have a civil right to marry one another if they want to. Nobody has the authority to deny them that right. Rewriting the constitution over such a silly subject would be both ludicrous and hateful.
If the people of a state want to allow gay marriage, then the constitution will allow that. However, in the case of the Massachusetts Supreme Court dictating to that state's legislature that they practically had to pass laws to make it legal.... is another story entirely. The judiciary does not have the power to dictate to the Legislative branch which laws it must pass... that is an egregious abuse of power.

If you believe that denying gays the right to marry is hateful... fine. However, if you are part of a minority of people within your state that feel that way, but believe that you have the right to dictate to the majority regarding the issue of gay marriage.... not fine.

Marriage is not a civil right as defined by the Constitution. Period. So actually your statement that no one has the right to deny gays the right to marry is entirely ludicrous, because the voters of a state have every right to deny the right to marry to gays.

and I am sure the ACLU will be waiting with open arms...why not join the military so you can have a real insight on reality vs perverted commmunist opinions?

I can't join the military because I was born with an eye condition called "coloboma" in my left eye. So I could never be drafted either. If I were a religious man, I'd say it was a gift from God. :banana:

Plus killing people for politicians goes against my traditional Christian upbringing.

Hagbard Celine said:
I can't join the military because I was born with an eye condition called "coloboma" in my left eye. So I could never be drafted either. If I were a religious man, I'd say it was a gift from God. :banana:

Plus killing people for politicians goes against my traditional Christian upbringing.

pluck it out....something the ACLU seems to ignore...you will fit in quite well!

i see this link is so hot,, lots of posts sent
what if we changed the cursor ,,, but we will still be in the same idea,,
its some questions
homosexual is it right or wrong???
if its right,,,
why the homosexual is refused???
doesnt it make the nature of huanity up side down???
what if it put into circulation and it was for all people???
why some churches accepted it,, though it isnt in the bible tents and teaches??
why is it more spreaded in the west???
lots of question need answer and its just a start....

Abbey Normal said:
Well, it looks like I spoke to soon, when I said the only ubiquitous lib accusation missing in this thread was that the article's authors (and their supporters) are homophobic. We now have the expected complete triumverate of PC name-calling whenever gays are discussed:

Haters and Bashers and Homophobes, oh my!
fam25.gif

Labels really suck, don't they?

Arabian said:
i see this link is so hot,, lots of posts sent
what if we changed the cursor ,,, but we will still be in the same idea,,
its some questions
homosexual is it right or wrong???
if its right,,,
why the homosexual is refused???
doesnt it make the nature of huanity up side down???
what if it put into circulation and it was for all people???
why some churches accepted it,, though it isnt in the bible tents and teaches??
why is it more spreaded in the west???
lots of question need answer and its just a start....

please give us your insight as to how Islam feels about homosexuality? And by the way homosexuality is not just a Western problem...it is just discussed more openly...the problem exists in the Middle East as well...always has and always will!

Ugh, must we play these tired little games, Hagbard?

Obviously, he said "problem" because he feels that homosexuality is a problem to Western Culture. Now, you either knew that and were playing dense...or you simply are dense. I'm obviously willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just being smarmy rather than just being stupid.

Next time, just get on with it! Either ask him WHY he feels homosexuality is a "problem," or tell him that you DON'T feel that it is a problem, but rather a "lifestyle" since it does not "influence" the majority of people's lives.

Sheesh...its like middle school in here sometimes!

I would just like to take this time to thank Gem for her use of the word "smarmy." :clap:

But I digress. Gem makes a good point. Why does Archangel think homosexuality poses a problem to western society and more importantly and given the extensive history of homosexuality in human society, why has that problem presented itself today rather than a long time ago?

Archangel, you have the floor and there is a 30 second time limit.

Hagbard Celine said:
I would just like to take this time to thank Gem for her use of the word "smarmy." :clap:

But I digress. Gem makes a good point. Why does Archangel think homosexuality poses a problem to western society and more importantly and given the extensive history of homosexuality in human society, why has that problem presented itself today rather than a long time ago?

Archangel, you have the floor and there is a 30 second time limit.

I'll butt in here (unintentional pun), the difference is "Radical homosexual activist agenda"....

Even Tammy Bruce, who is herself gay , warns us about it. In her book, "The Death of Right and Wrong", she claims in no uncertain terms that the radical gay movement is trying its damnedest to undermine Western society by sexualizing children, getting their agenda pushed in schools, attempting to get the age of consent lowered to childhood.... and are willing to do it by any means whatsoever.

Consider the way the gay activists in San Francisco acted when they started marrying. In direct violation of California law. Obviously, the radical gay activists have no respect for the process of law. When you have a group of people that are willing to break the law to get their way, you have a group of outlaws like the Mafia. Advocating this is just asking for anarchy.

Consider the attempts to get any political speech that opposes the radical gay agenda as "hate speech", now you are seeing an attempt by the radical gays to get the First Amendment protection of free speech suspended.

Consider that in Canada, radical gays favor having any minister, rabbi, priest or imam that preaches that homosexuality is a sin jailed for "hate crimes" and now you are talking about freedom of religion being attacked, too.

Homosexuality can be a choice, if it becomes acceptable to society. People will be more likely to engage in sexual deviancy if it is acceptable. Homosexual acts are more likely to spread disease (most people who suffer from HIV/AIDS in this country are gay, homosexuals are more likely to suffer from Hepatitis and other STDs than the general population). Considering that homosexual males have many more sex partners than the average person and you have an epidemic just waiting to happen. Just that alone poses a risk to society. Homosexual activists in San Francisco and New York blocked all efforts (even by more level headed gays) to close bath houses and other disease controlling measures during the early 80s. They also opposed any effort to link gay sexual activity to the disease. As a result many became infected that did not have to be and many died. Of course, you don't hear about that... all you hear about is that Reagan didn't act quickly enough to stop it (ignoring the fact that the cause of the disease wasn't even identified until half way through his presidency).

Add in the mix that homosexuals are more likely to molest children and you now have a dangerous mix....

So here it is....
1. Favor policies and laws which harm children and exploit them
2. Policies that favor anarchy and the breakdown of the traditional family
3. Attacking the civil rights guaranteed by the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
4. Higher incidence of disease and increased likelihood of spreading those diseases.
5. Higher incidence of child molestation

I could go on.....

There are your differences.... if you're advocating 1-5 or any combination of them, then you advocate bringing society to its knees...

have a nice day....

So here it is....
1. Favor policies and laws which harm children and exploit them

I can see that this would be dangerous because it would certainly raise the incidence of children gaining carnal knowledge before they are mature enough to handle it and before they are mature enough to make good decisions in their own lives. However, I am unaware of any cases in which groups are actually trying to lower the age of consent. Could you please post some examples besides NAMBLA, which is a total joke?

2. Policies that favor anarchy and the breakdown of the traditional family

I grew up in a single parent household that was less than "traditional." Could you please explain how two men or two women living together would cause "anarchy" and how it would cause other "traditional" families to break apart?

3. Attacking the civil rights guaranteed by the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

Obviously, hate speech is protected in the US by the first amendment. This is illustrated in cases dealing with the First Amendment right of groups like the Ku Klux Klan to stage public exhibitions in which they use hateful rhetoric directed at minorities. The right to free secular and religious speech is already guaranteed by the Constitution, so, short of a Constitutional amendment, this argument does not float.

4. Higher incidence of disease and increased likelihood of spreading those diseases.

This argument may be valid because of the findings during the 1970s and 80s pointing to "unprotected anal sex" with multiple, anonymous partners as the leading cause of the spread of HIV AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. However, if gays were permitted to marry, they would enter into monogamous relationships with a single partner, which would drastically decrease the liklihood that they would contract and spread diseases. Can you provide statistical evidence that would indicate a higher prevalence of "unfaithfulness" within monogamous relationships in the homo-community?

5. Higher incidence of child molestation

Can you provide evidence or arguments that support the hypothesis that gay marriage would increase the incidence of child molestation when it would not necessarily increase the incidence of homosexuality or that there is even a correlation between homosexuality and child molestation?

Why would the legitimization of gay marriage increase the instance of homosexual acts? Am I to believe that the mere legitimization of homo-marriage would result in a higher rate of willingness to experiment with homosexuality among the masses? Personally, it would not increase my willingness to have sex with another man. Would it yours?

Why does Archangel think homosexuality poses a problem to western society and more importantly and given the extensive history of homosexuality in human society, why has that problem presented itself today rather than a long time ago?
I was responding to this question, not the question of gay marriage. To that issue, I already responded in a previous post.

As to your question about child molestation ...... have you ever heard of "The Vagina Monologues"? In that play, a vignette of woman who was seduced and raped as a child by an older woman is presented. She then calls it "a good rape".... that's an endorsement of child molestation if I ever heard one.

Larry Kramer, founder of ACT-UP, endorsed sexual relations with children

Journal of Homosexuality (vol. 20, nos. 1/2, l990) - the entire issue was dedicated to the advocacy of child molestation....

Those are three examples, there are others....

As to non-traditional families. Single parent families have been around since creation. Two men or two women living in sodomy isn't the same thing.

However, if gays were permitted to marry, they would enter into monogamous relationships with a single partner, which would drastically decrease the liklihood that they would contract and spread diseases.
A specious argument. What is stopping them from entering into monogamous relationships now? No one is forcing them to promiscuous. Promiscuity is a choice. Otherwise, it is a compulsion that should be treated with psychotherapy. There is no evidence that promiscuous individuals will "settle down" when offered marriage (just take a look at Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart and almost every rock star on the planet.... few of them have been faithful in their marriages). In addition, countries that have gay marriage have not experienced any decrease in the divorce rate. Gay marriage will not save marriage. Divorce reform and a change in people's attitudes toward the institution will.

The right to free secular and religious speech is already guaranteed by the Constitution, so, short of a Constitutional amendment, this argument does not float.
In theory, you are correct. But the recent decisions by the Supreme Court and other federal appeals courts argue otherwise. The rights and freedoms on the First Amendment are under attack by an activist judiciary that is hell bent on advancing the gay agenda and the agenda of the Left in general.

On the issue of child molestation and gay marriage. I wasn't stating that gay marriage will cause more child molestation, instead, I was addressing your original question. . However, gays as a group, molest children at a higher per capita rate than does the general population.

I still believe that the regulation of marriage is the government stepping into the religious arena where it has no business whatsoever. The government cannot sanctify a marriage, it cannot keep it holy any more than it can insure holiness.

It is a fact that there are churches that are willing to sanctify such unions, it is already done does it make them less sanctified or those churches less holy? That is a matter for their members and not the government's purview.

I still believe that all unions outside of a religious setting should be contractual Civil Unions and shouldn't be governed by the religious setting whatsoever. It is not the business of the government to keep you holy.

please give us your insight as to how Islam feels about homosexuality? And by the way homosexuality is not just a Western problem...it is just discussed more openly...the problem exists in the Middle East as well...always has and always will!

Its not a big problem here in the east,, cause as you know this life style as some says-though I don’t agree with it- is forbid in our religion,, and in some cases it end to the jail…
But in the west some churches agreed with this style,, and announce its agreement and blessing for it,, though I think its forbidden in all religion,, as it change the nature of life upside down,, and it take us to the road to go out of existence,, can woman get married from woman and man from man,, you your self part of you from your mam and the other from your dad,,,

And this problem get so far to touch the children,,
As the statistics I heard,, that in the west lots of fathers may rap their sons and daughter,, I think that’s there go far from the law Allah sent ,, away from the nature Allah mad us,, away from his religion,,
They made that to their self,, you know if its one or two or rare cases it could be more beared,, but the statistics I hear is un bearable,, so betty right,, I hope this things could be solved,, and I don’t call this life style,, it’ would be a disaster… if it didn’t stop,, and we all know what happened to Lute peoples,, don’t we get mark from them,,

And you still didn’t answer my question,,, and add this Q too
And what would you tell your little boy to stop him from doing a bad thing
And about the islam opinion ,, it’s the logic cause it forbid it for previous reasons and more
And these sites can help you

And hope anyone answer my questions
http://www.submission.org/sex/homosexuality.html
http://www.islamic.org.uk/homosex.html
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547102

I thought someone was looking for information that some are looking to lower or abolish the 'age of consent.' Interestingly enough, I came across this in my reading today. Links at site:

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2005_09_18-2005_09_24.shtml#1127418563

[Eugene Volokh, September 22, 2005 at 3:49pm] 1 Trackbacks / Possibly More Trackbacks
Sex With 12-Year-Olds in the 1970s:

Whatever Justice Ginsburg thought about the recommendation that the age of consent in federal enclaves be lowered to 12, it seems striking by today's standards that such a recommendation would be offered. Yet in 1973, a Senate bill specifically made this suggestion, and as best I can tell it wasn't a part of a scheme in which there would be one (higher) age of consent when adults have sex with minors, and a lower one when two minors who are close in age have sex. The law would have made it legal for adults to have sex with 12-year-olds in federal enclaves (federal territories, federal admiralty jurisdiction, Indian country, at least in those cases where the tribes didn't have jurisdiction), plain and simple.

Likewise, the National Coalition of Gay Organizations' "1972 Gay Rights Platform in the United States" called for "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent." According to Laud Humphreys, Out of the Closets: The Sociology of Homosexual Liberation 162 (1972), the meeting at which this was adopted was apparently a pretty mainstream event within the liberal activist movement -- "upportive telegrams were received from Democratic candidates John Lindsay and George McGovern," which suggests that it wasn't just an entirely irrelevant fringe group.

Can anyone give me a sense of what was going on at the time? Were these just a few isolated events? Did they flow from a broader sexual revolution movement (even if they didn't represent everyone in that movement, and even if many in that movement would draw the line at consenting adults, or at least consenting teenagers-with-each-other-but-not-with-40-year-olds)? Did they come out of a broader children's rights movement, some branches of which believed in children's sexual autonomy rights? (Naturally others in a children's rights movement may support stronger statutory rape laws; again, I'm not speculating that some movement entirely or largely supported these proposals -- I'm just wondering what intellectual stream these proposals flowed from.)

Incidentally, I realize that until recently the age of consent in many states was 14, and that even now it's 14 in some European countries (if this site is to be trusted); and I realize that deciding the proper age of consent is a complex matter. But (1) 12 isn't 14, (2) moving to cut the age of consent isn't the same as maintaining a longstanding low threshold, and (3) I'm not asking what the right age of consent is: I'm curious what was the ideological and political movement (if any) that led to the proposals that I mentioned. If anyone has any pointers on this, I'd love to hear them.

MissileMan said:
As the link by OCA stated, it's entirely possible that there is a disproportionate number of homosexuals among pedophiles. The experts are unsure.

NAMBLA is not an association of gays, it's an association of pedophiles.

ok maybe i am just dumb...but i find it hard to belive the the north american MAN BOY love club.....has lots of female members and the that the focus of the club is not older gay men fudge packing young boys.....but hey what is in a name ....maybe they are trying to throw us off

Arabian said:
Its not a big problem here in the east,, cause as you know this life style as some says-though I don’t agree with it- is forbid in our religion,, and in some cases it end to the jail…
But in the west some churches agreed with this style,, and announce its agreement and blessing for it,, though I think its forbidden in all religion,, as it change the nature of life upside down,, and it take us to the road to go out of existence,, can woman get married from woman and man from man,, you your self part of you from your mam and the other from your dad,,,

And this problem get so far to touch the children,,
As the statistics I heard,, that in the west lots of fathers may rap their sons and daughter,, I think that’s there go far from the law Allah sent ,, away from the nature Allah mad us,, away from his religion,,
They made that to their self,, you know if its one or two or rare cases it could be more beared,, but the statistics I hear is un bearable,, so betty right,, I hope this things could be solved,, and I don’t call this life style,, it’ would be a disaster… if it didn’t stop,, and we all know what happened to Lute peoples,, don’t we get mark from them,,

And you still didn’t answer my question,,, and add this Q too
And what would you tell your little boy to stop him from doing a bad thing
And about the islam opinion ,, it’s the logic cause it forbid it for previous reasons and more
And these sites can help you

And hope anyone answer my questions
http://www.submission.org/sex/homosexuality.html
http://www.islamic.org.uk/homosex.html
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547102

First and foremost Rape is against the law in all 50 US states...as well as sexual intercourse with members of ones immediate family(Incest laws)..
And for your info...90% of all Americans are against homosexual marriage rights...as are mainstream religious organizations(churches) only a small minority of fringe churches are for it!Now answer me the question as to why Muhammad married a girl of six and had sexual relations with her at the age of nine...it is in your book of Islam?

Forum List

Back