'Dark Side' of homosexual culture

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by archangel, Sep 22, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That is interesting. However, the article is so filled with hate towards homosexuals that it's hard to give much credibility to it--IMO.

*sigh* I wish people would write these kind of articles about smokers.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

What article did you read? I didn't see anyone write about hatred of homosexual people?

The DATA isn't full of hate...look at the data and nevermind the editorial. Data and observation rings true with this article.

:(

4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

just studies done on the subject matter...and if you want to hit on smokers so bad write your own post and suffer the hits! :cof:

5. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't read that article and feel like I am merely presented with facts. I read the article, and I see it leaning in favor of bashing homosexuals. Look at the website it's coming from--a VERY conservative website. Sorry, I personally don't give it much credence.

Baldwin says his research not only "confirms that homosexuals molest children at a rate vastly higher than heterosexuals," but it found that "the mainstream homosexual culture" even "commonly promotes sex with children."

Yeah, this article isn't about bashing homosexuals.

6. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But I can't provide the facts to back up my statements that smokers should be banned from society and should be able to smoke only in limited places.

Do smokers think they smell good? Do they care?

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

So - here's what I see happening....

"Because You don't agree with the article, you'll find a reason to discount the data contained therein."

Truth can be painful.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

A smoker isn't more likely to molest my son, than a non-smoker, simply because he smokes. A homosexual IS More likely to molest my son simply because he is a homosexual.

9. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

maybe yes and maybe no...however I have stood next to many non smokers in my lifetime...and well frankly some of them do not smell to good either! :crutch:

10. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, dmp, we were not talking about the same thing. LOL I said that I thought the article was bashing homosexuals. When I said I would like an article like that to be written about smokers, I meant an article that bashed smokers (but not regarding pedophilia).

Oh, and regarding presenting facts, I could post articles from Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd, Paul Krugman, Bob Herbert, and Thomas Friedman from the New York Times. They present facts in a way that is derogatory to the Bush administration. Would you give their facts much credibility? Probably not.