'Dark Side' of homosexual culture

KarlMarx said:
I work with a gay person (outside of work).... one of the nicest guys I know...

He is trying to promote interest in silent films here in Binghamton....

I don't agree with his lifestyle, and I don't know much about his personal life... but I do think that his efforts in trying to raise interest in silent films is laudable... on occassion I help him out (he needed to borrow some DVDs of mine to show (I have some Chaplin and other silent film DVDs), I helped him with some paperwork that he needed to get non-profit organization status for what he was doing etc)

My son's tutor was a person that I suspected as being gay.... I never left the two of them alone together (but then, I wouldn't leave my son alone with any stranger). But he came highly recommended. Several years later, after he no longer was my son's tutor, I found that my suspicions were correct. Regardless. He helped my son in school, that's the important thing.

I wouldn't be talking about this.... but.......

So... tell me... are you willing to put aside your differences with religious fundamentalists if it does some good?

I see what you're saying above. Thank goodness you didn't leave your son alone with that person. I just don't understand anyone who preys on children. YUCK. Oh, and I appreciated your sharing this with me.

What's an example of my putting aside my difference with religious fundamentalists?

Said1 said:
Why do you ask the most redundant questions, honestly, you must do it on purpose.

Yeah, I do it on purpose so that you can condescend me. Said, I ask questions so that I understand what the person is saying. If you think it's redundant, well, okay.

And you don't know what categoary I put homosexuality in, because I haven't said, have I? But yes, what I listed are some of the residual psychiataric disorders people develop as a result of being sexually abused as children. And yes, a high percentage of homosexuals suffer from them as a result of sexual abuse too.

I inferred from your prior post as to your thoughts on homosexuality. Correct me if my inference is wrong. I don't have a problem with it.

ProudDem said:
I see what you're saying above. Thank goodness you didn't leave your son alone with that person. I just don't understand anyone who preys on children. YUCK. Oh, and I appreciated your sharing this with me.

What's an example of my putting aside my difference with religious fundamentalists?

I think he meant the teacher was gay, not pedophile, or we could read your response as if you assume gays are pedophiles. That's not your position, is it?

As an adult I now suspect that the two best teachers I had as a kid, and the only ones who made a big difference in my life, were gay. They never made advances to me or anyone else as far as I know. So who cares?

Proudem said:
I want to know what kind of an effect (sure, consequences) that abuse in childood has on people who remain heterosexual.

Are those the kinds of disorders or problems that heterosexuals develop as a result of being abused as children?

I answered your question, then it seems as though you are asking the same question again, was it not apparent by my answer?

ProudDem said:
I inferred from your prior post as to your thoughts on homosexuality. Correct me if my inference is wrong. I don't have a problem with it.

Your inference is incorrect for the most part, although I do believe that in some cases homosexuality is environmental as is pedophilia.

Said1 said:
I answered your question, then it seems as though you are asking the same question again, was it not apparent by my answer?

Ah, okay. I can see why you thought that that question was redundant.

Why do you ask the most redundant questions, honestly, you must do it on purpose.

Your statement makes it seem as though I do it all the time.

Your inference is incorrect for the most part, although I do believe that in some cases homosexuality is environmental as is pedophilia.

I agree that homosexuality can be environmental, but I believe (and this is MY belief) that such occurrence is rare.

I believe that the statistics are pretty high that if one was sexually abused as a child, they become a sexual abuser towards children as well.

ProudDem said:
Ah, okay. I can see why you thought that that question was redundant.

Your statement makes it seem as though I do it all the time.

I agree that homosexuality can be environmental, but I believe (and this is MY belief) that such occurrence is rare.

I believe that the statistics are pretty high that if one was sexually abused as a child, they become a sexual abuser towards children as well.

Bull. Got a link to these statistics?

Nuc said:
I think he meant the teacher was gay, not pedophile, or we could read your response as if you assume gays are pedophiles. That's not your position, is it?

There are a disporpotionate number of pedophiles within 'the' gay community - There are many homosexual pedophile stories on local media every week. If the tutor wasn't gay, I bet he'd have felt better leaving his son with him.

NAMBLA ring any bells?

dmp said:
There are a disporpotionate number of pedophiles within 'the' gay community - There are many homosexual pedophile stories on local media every week. If the tutor wasn't gay, I bet he'd have felt better leaving his son with him.

NAMBLA ring any bells?

Between NAMBLA and ACLU, that's a tiny amount of people. But I've learned from participating on this board that they run everything in the US. Since probably their membership is the same it's even more impressive.

Nuc said:
Between NAMBLA and ACLU, that's a tiny amount of people. But I've learned from participating on this board that they run everything in the US. Since probably their membership is the same it's even more impressive.

Okay then.

darinshrug.gif

Shattered said:
Bull. Got a link to these statistics?

Here is one Shattered.
Study

Abused children are:

6 times more likely to commit suicide
24 times more likely to be sexually assaulted
60 times more likely to be involved in delinquent behavior
1000 times more likely to become abusers..

They are also more likely to commit crime

80% of all men in US prisons were abused as children...

It describes the sings in preschoolers... (tragic):
The child:
Describes inappropriate sexual contact
Uncomfortable around a previously trusted person
Sexual behavior - such as excessive masturbation, sexually inserting objects, explicit sex play with other children, etc.
Genital or anal injurires, pain, irritation, or discharge
Serious depression, abrupt personality changes, passive or withdrawn behavior, uncharacteristic hyperactivity
Stuttering
Frequent hitting, biting, or kicking
Wants to be held all of the time - or not held at all.

no1tovote4 said:
Here is one Shattered.
Study

Abused children are:

6 times more likely to commit suicide
24 times more likely to be sexually assaulted
60 times more likely to be involved in delinquent behavior
1000 times more likely to become abusers..

They are also more likely to commit crime

80% of all men in US prisons were abused as children...

It describes the sings in preschoolers... (tragic):
The child:
Describes inappropriate sexual contact
Uncomfortable around a previously trusted person
Sexual behavior - such as excessive masturbation, sexually inserting objects, explicit sex play with other children, etc.
Genital or anal injurires, pain, irritation, or discharge
Serious depression, abrupt personality changes, passive or withdrawn behavior, uncharacteristic hyperactivity
Stuttering
Frequent hitting, biting, or kicking
Wants to be held all of the time - or not held at all.

My understanding of what you posted is that they're more likely to become abusers - it doesn't say they're more likely to become child molesters. There are many, many things that can be considered "abuse" that are nowhere near molestation.

I know plenty of people that were molested as children (perhaps it has to do with the areas I grew up in), and there is not a single one of those people that would ever harm another human being, much less actually abuse OR molest a child. It was wrong when it was being inflicted upon them, and it's still wrong now, in their line of thinking.

JMO.

Shattered said:
My understanding of what you posted is that they're more likely to become abusers - it doesn't say they're more likely to become child molesters. There are many, many things that can be considered "abuse" that are nowhere near molestation.

The study was on sexual abuse of children. There are mentions of physical abuse as well and its effects, but the study speaks of the likelihood of them becoming abusers in that context.

I know plenty of people that were molested as children (perhaps it has to do with the areas I grew up in), and there is not a single one of those people that would ever harm another human being, much less actually abuse OR molest a child. It was wrong when it was being inflicted upon them, and it's still wrong now, in their line of thinking.

JMO.
1000 times more likely doesn't mean that they will become a molestor, only that it is more likely. Neither my sister or I became abusers, physically or sexually, but that is not evidence that those who were abused as children are not more likely to become abusers as adults it only shows that my sister and I chose not to continue the cycle.

Shattered said:

JMO.

Okay, I may have been mistaken regarding a sexual abuser versus nonsexual abuser, although I feel like I read something that supports my statement. I'm too lazy to go look up a study right now.

Interesting about you knowing plenty of people molested as children. I don't know if I know very many at all (or at least they have never told me). Where are the areas you grew up in?

dmp said:

NAMBLA ring any bells?

As the link by OCA stated, it's entirely possible that there is a disproportionate number of homosexuals among pedophiles. The experts are unsure.

NAMBLA is not an association of gays, it's an association of pedophiles.

my post has come to the 'General Mc Arthur' phase..."A good soldier never dies...he just fades away" Seems as if our lovely liberals who 'cheer lead' for gay marriage have nothing more to say! Humm... :thanks:

So, why do you care if homos get married?

You know when they get divorced, it works just like hetero marriages. The more effiminate one still gets half of the other one's stuff.:)

Hagbard Celine said:
So, why do you care if homos get married?

You know when they get divorced, it works just like hetero marriages. The more effiminate one still gets half of the other one's stuff.:)

why not authorize marriage for animals & people and those who have a fetish for panties or shoes then...what is the difference? neither can pro create and produce a useful citizen...unless homosexuals use a turkey baster! Your argument is a old one... and silly to say the least!

No, YOUR argument is silly to say the least.

If the argument is over utility, then why allow barren women or sterile men to marry one another? THEY can't procreate.

And if your view is so utilitarian, then why not start a human breeding program to purify the species? We could disallow anyone from breeding unless they passed certain physical tests so as to ensure the birth of genetically perfect children, thus ensuring humanity's future with a race of superbeings.

Yeah, whatever you say Hitler.

What if science provided a way for two males or two females to combine their dna in a lab to create a child together? Would their ability to bear children change your mind?

I doubt it would. Because yours is a crusade that stems from religious belief. Well, I'm sorry but in this society people are protected from theocratic laws limiting freedom. So if two homos want to get married, it's their right to. And I could care less. Because homos getting married is not going to profoundly impact the future of our society. And I guarantee you that no deity will rain down fire and brimstone on us for allowing homos to marry each other.

Forum List

Back