Zone1 Dangerous Illusions

It is sure to become the definitive book on how religion has lead the human race on this planet to such a dismal place.

The last time I checked, I was a card-carrying member of The Human Race and I can testify that I'm not in a dismal place.

None of my fellow humans with whom I'm closely acquainted are in a dismal state.

As a whole, human life expectancy and standard of living are longer and higher now than at any other time in human history.

So, starting from the assumption that all the human race is in a dismal state is begging the question.

So sorry you feel that way about it. I know I'm going to Heaven though. So it's kind of worth it. :)
WOW ! Those who believe that they are definitely going to " heaven " are the people who are most in.trouble.

WOW ! Those who believe that they are definitely going to " heaven " are the people who are most in.trouble.
Well I don't have your apparent exclusive pipeline to God or the hereafter I guess. But I'll stick with what I know. And if I and millions of others are the most in trouble so be it. I haven't seen that in evidence but who knows. You may be more wise and brilliant than any of us.

The last time I checked, I was a card-carrying member of The Human Race and I can testify that I'm not in a dismal place.

None of my fellow humans with whom I'm closely acquainted are in a dismal state.

As a whole, human life expectancy and standard of living are longer and higher now than at any other time in human history.

So, starting from the assumption that all the human race is in a dismal state is begging the question.
In an alternative time line where mankind never created religion the whole of mankind would work as ONE to the ends of the earth and far beyond, venturing into other galaxies and have a much greater knowledge of exactly what life is and what it can become. The possibilities would be limitless.

Well I don't have your apparent exclusive pipeline to God or the hereafter I guess. But I'll stick with what I know. And if I and millions of others are the most in trouble so be it. I haven't seen that in evidence but who knows. You may be more wise and brilliant than any of us.
I just have better access to what's important in the big picture of life , here and there. The reality that exists and the reality we receive here.

I just have better access to what's important in the big picture of life , here and there. The reality that exists and the reality we receive here.
Of course you do. Which compels you to try to destroy a person's faith. If I didn't know anything else about what you believe, that alone would make me believe you're wrong. But it is your right to be wrong.

Of course you do. Which compels you to try to destroy a person's faith. If I didn't know anything else about what you believe, that alone would make me believe you're wrong. But it is your right to be wrong.
You can believe anything you wish. Unfortunately , if what you believe does not help us become more civilized and advanced the human race then it should be put out with the garbage. I cannot destroy anyone , nor do I want to. I am simply here to inform and offer a better choice. Not that GOD doesn't exist because it does in the form of a noncoporeal being of immense energy and wisdom. We simply shouldn't be kowtowing to any primitive religious concept of the Creator. It's irreverent , irresponsible and counterproductive.

In an alternative time line where mankind never created religion the whole of mankind would work as ONE to the ends of the earth and far beyond, venturing into other galaxies and have a much greater knowledge of exactly what life is and what it can become. The possibilities would be limitless.

Cut-rate fiction and gross, naive speculation.

Do you have any evidence of purely secular societies being renowned for peaceful cooperation and a drive for exploration and technological advancements?

North Korea perhaps?

Cut-rate fiction and gross, naive speculation.

Do you have any evidence of purely secular societies being renowned for peaceful cooperation and a drive for exploration and technological advancements?

North Korea perhaps?
LOL , North Koreans have their little tin god , his name is Kim. Undoing the contamination of religion will probably take longer than any of them will exist. Not an easy disease to treat and even harder to cure.

Most atheists are former religious - indoctrinated people. One article suggested that by today's standards, most were former " true believers " who really got into it in depth and found out it was all bullshit
Can you define this "bullshit"?

One of the greatest satisfactions in my life has been my belief in the God of the Bible and the blessings it has brought me. :bowdown:

Written by an avowed atheist. Mixed reviews by Amazon buyers/readers. Likely paints religion with too broad a brush, knowing that most don't know the basic tenets of their own religion, or choose not to follow them. The Christian church is heavily influenced by Satan and his demons via 'tares' at all levels.

You haven't read it.

Most atheists are former religious - indoctrinated people. One article suggested that by today's standards, most were former " true believers " who really got into it in depth and found out it was all bullshit
They more likely discovered that the Bible wasn't speaking to them.

"Many are called but few are chosen."

Interesting, as that's the promise of the Christian faith.

Can you define this "bullshit"?
Let's see , first of all , the Creator Entity somehow has a special relationship with the human beings on this planet alone while it ignores the rest of the Universe it created. How convenient. What are the odds of that , even if such a being would ever do such a thing in the first place. Highly unlikely. The people who created the various religions did so to benefit themselves and / or their tribe.

Let's see , first of all , the Creator Entity somehow has a special relationship with the human beings on this planet alone while it ignores the rest of the Universe it created. How convenient. What are the odds of that , even if such a being would ever do such a thing in the first place. Highly unlikely. The people who created the various religions did so to benefit themselves and / or their tribe.
How do you know that God has ignored the rest of his creation? It seems to me to be on autopilot for the time being.

Forum List

Back