DANG! Navy Can't Drive Ships: Here we go again,#5. Time to hire professional drivers. FFS!?

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
U.S. warship collides with Japanese tug boat, marking the fifth time this year that a ship in the U.S. Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific has been involved in a crash. US warship collides with Japanese tug boat, latest mishap for the Navy's 7th Fleet

The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship, the Navy said. No one was injured on either vessel and an initial assessment of the damage showed that the destroyer only sustained minimal damage including scrapes.

-----

:mad:I wonder if the Captain was doing a hooker here.
As why these happen ALL THE TIME NOW?
Or is this a CIC-Bone Spur issue? ARE these drivers
tweeting as they drive? Is that illegal on water?:rolleyes:

btw: The name is fitting. "USS Benfold "

Last edited:
NOTICE TO MARINERS: If it’s huge and grey ... stay out the way

bok_skip_8169993x4.jpg

"a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship"

Doofus OP thinks ships have brakes

• Banned
Excuse me? Did you read your own link?

"The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship".

Yes, I read it. Why was it ever in a place it could lose propulsion and ram the ship?
When they are that close they are on a side pushing. Or towing in front.
But how can you drift into a ship like this? The Ships crew are to blame here.
Not, protecting the drive path of the ship.
Like here. IF the tub broke the ship hits tub.
But they were in the bay where it had more distance.
Been on and around many towed ships.

Let me help you out here. A Navy ship, when working with tugs, does not have her propellers turning. If they are not turning, the ship has no ability to maneuver. The tug lost power and hit a ship not moving under its own power.

And you want to blame the US Navy? LMAO!!

• Banned

Try again, It states tub hit the ship.
The ship is a mass moving object in the case.
You need to not ever drive boat or ships.

"The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship".

Yes, I read it. Why was it ever in a place it could lose propulsion and ram the ship?

If you have been in and around many ships being towed, then you would know the ship would not have had its props turning. Without that, there is absolutely no maneuvering capability at all. And even under the best conditions, a ship as long as the USS Benfold takes a LONG distance to turn.

How close was the tug when it lost power? I didn't see that listed. Unless you know, you have no basis for your blaming the Navy crew with your ""Not protecting the drive path of the ship". And what does the path of the ship have to do with it anyway? Unless the tug hit the bow, the path could have been clear.

Let me help you out here. A Navy ship, when working with tugs, does not have her propellers turning. If they are not turning, the ship has no ability to maneuver. The tug lost power and hit a ship not moving under its own power.

The ship most keep the tub in a location that is safe.
If they are at the docks. Where contact or very close to, is required.
The rubber tires will be the only marks. Not Minor damage.

Yes, the tug hit the ship. The ONLY way anything could have been done is that the Navy ship would have had to start the screws turning, cast off all lines to that tug and any others operating with it, and gone Ahead Full to move out of the way. And it would have had to do that in the brief time between when they were told the tug lost power and when it was getting close to the ship. Once the tug got too close to the ship, if the screws on the destroyer were turning, every man on the tug would have died as it was sucked into the screws.

I have driven ships. I know exactly what happens. This was an accident that was TOTALLY the fault of the tug and the tug captain.

If you have been in and around many ships being towed, then you would know the ship would not have had its props turning. Without that, there is absolutely no maneuvering capability at all. And even under the best conditions, a ship as long as the USS Benfold takes a LONG distance to turn.

How close was the tug when it lost power? I didn't see that listed. Unless you know, you have no basis for your blaming the Navy crew with your ""Not protecting the drive path of the ship". And what does the path of the ship have to do with it anyway? Unless the tug hit the bow, the path could have been clear.

It called a radio or deck crew on the side who are monitoring all tubs locations.
I can say the tub was to blame as well, not know where to be if either the line breaks or power does.
SO NOT TO HIT or BE RUN OVER by the SHIP!.

i've read some reports and i think that there have been recent collisions , 7 in all . Conclusion is they were the fault of crew members and included the Captains . Very little i know about it all is that i blame 'mrobama' and his type Embedded Commanders' , crews and Captains . --------------- i'll try to get info on the reports that blame crew members Baz .

The ship most keep the tub in a location that is safe.
If they are at the docks. Where contact or very close to, is required.
The rubber tires will be the only marks. Not Minor damage.

The tug will get VERY close to the ship. They will push it. That is about as close as you can get.

But the tug that hit it because the tug lost power. That is not the fault of the USS Benfold.

Yes, the tug hit the ship. The ONLY way anything could have been done is that the Navy ship would have had to start the screws turning, cast off all lines to that tug and any others operating with it, and gone Ahead Full to move out of the way. And it would have had to do that in the brief time between when they were told the tug lost power and when it was getting close to the ship. Once the tug got too close to the ship, if the screws on the destroyer were turning, every man on the tug would have died as it was sucked into the screws.

I have driven ships. I know exactly what happens. This was an accident that was TOTALLY the fault of the tug and the tug captain.

It's can be. At the docks. But outside in the bay. Nope! The tubs are monitoring the winds.
Both for where the ships being pushed, and where, NOT TO BE!
But we will have more US NAVY crashes. It's the In THANG!

i've read some reports and i think that there have been recent collisions , 7 in all . Conclusion is they were the fault of crew members and included the Captains . Very little i know about it all is that i blame 'mrobama' and his type Embedded Commanders' , crews and Captains . --------------- i'll try to get info on the reports that blame crew members Baz .

Yes, several of the collisions have been the fault of the captains or crews.

But this one is certainly not. Maybe Baz could start another thread about the ship that hit the oil tanker. That would be one to blame the Navy.

It's can be. At the docks. But outside in the bay. Nope! The tubs are monitoring the winds.
Both for where the ships being pushed, and where, NOT TO BE!
But we will have more US NAVY crashes. It's the In THANG!

You are pissing up a very long rope dude. Once the tugs take over the ship is not capable of doing anything for at least 5 minutes. If the tug hit the ship the tug is at fault. Had the report stated that the Benfold had hit the tug you would have a point, but based on what has been reported the only point you have is under your hat.

Forum List

Back