DANG! Navy Can't Drive Ships: Here we go again,#5. Time to hire professional drivers. FFS!?

"a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship"

Doofus OP thinks ships have brakes
Try again, It states tub hit the ship.
The ship is a mass moving object in the case.
You need to not ever drive boat or ships.

Yes, the tug hit the ship. The ONLY way anything could have been done is that the Navy ship would have had to start the screws turning, cast off all lines to that tug and any others operating with it, and gone Ahead Full to move out of the way. And it would have had to do that in the brief time between when they were told the tug lost power and when it was getting close to the ship. Once the tug got too close to the ship, if the screws on the destroyer were turning, every man on the tug would have died as it was sucked into the screws.

I have driven ships. I know exactly what happens. This was an accident that was TOTALLY the fault of the tug and the tug captain.

It's can be. At the docks. But outside in the bay. Nope! The tubs are monitoring the winds.
Both for where the ships being pushed, and where, NOT TO BE!
But we will have more US NAVY crashes. It's the In THANG!

The Navy ship was not under its own propulsion. It was hit by a drifting tug with no power. This is not like a parking lot where you can stop or backup at the drop of a hat. This is a 500' that displaces 6,900 tons. The tug is responsible. The Navy couldn't have done anything that would not have been more hazardous.

The rubber tires will be the only marks.

units1.jpg

They’re referred to as fenders ... not ‘rubber tires’.

Dude. You lost this one. Get out of the hole and stop digging.

Most people know the rubber tires, not that name. Try Again.

I'm not much of a sailor but even I know they are called fenders. Get real.

some information on the last collisions where crew members died and where crew members and Command are blamed for the collisions . Plus there are links in the article so you can go more in depth if interested Baz . --- The Navy Swamp Needs Draining Too ---

some information on the last collisions where crew members died and where crew members and Command are blamed for the collisions . Plus there are links in the article so you can go more in depth if interested Baz . --- The Navy Swamp Needs Draining Too ---

Yes, there have been some pretty sad examples of gross incompetence lately.

But the event in the OP is not one of them.

the point of the article is that the Navy Swamp also needs draining . My opinion is that there are too many non serious 'mrobama' type people in the NAVY and probably the rest of the Military Baz .

don't know , its my opinion that there are too many 'mrobama' types seeded throughout the USA Military and Navy [and USA chuckle] . I'll wait for the official Navy release of info on this fender bender before i draw a conclusion WBorn .

"a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship"

Doofus OP thinks ships have brakes
Try again, It states tub hit the ship.
The ship is a mass moving object in the case.
You need to not ever drive boat or ships.

Yes, the tug hit the ship. The ONLY way anything could have been done is that the Navy ship would have had to start the screws turning, cast off all lines to that tug and any others operating with it, and gone Ahead Full to move out of the way. And it would have had to do that in the brief time between when they were told the tug lost power and when it was getting close to the ship. Once the tug got too close to the ship, if the screws on the destroyer were turning, every man on the tug would have died as it was sucked into the screws.

I have driven ships. I know exactly what happens. This was an accident that was TOTALLY the fault of the tug and the tug captain.

It's can be. At the docks. But outside in the bay. Nope! The tubs are monitoring the winds.
Both for where the ships being pushed, and where, NOT TO BE!
But we will have more US NAVY crashes. It's the In THANG!

The Navy ship was not under its own propulsion. It was hit by a drifting tug with no power. This is not like a parking lot where you can stop or backup at the drop of a hat. This is a 500' that displaces 6,900 tons. The tug is responsible. The Navy couldn't have done anything that would not have been more hazardous.

Well they could have blown it out of the water. :rolleyes:

don't know , its my opinion that there are too many 'mrobama' types seeded throughout the USA Military and Navy [and USA chuckle] . I'll wait for the official Navy release of info on this fender bender before i draw a conclusion WBorn .

Mr Obama types? Commanding officers have more than 10 years in the Navy before they are given command. What did Obama do to cause this?

Mr Obama types? Commanding officers have more than 10 years in the Navy before they are given command. What did Obama do to cause this?

It is pretty well known that obama got rid of anyone who's first loyalty was to their soldiers. Further he ordered that a huge number of Major rank officers be eliminated, those are your future General Officers and Colonels who run the show and he wholesale got rid of tones of them.

Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years

It is pretty well known that obama got rid of anyone who's first loyalty was to their soldiers. Further he ordered that a huge number of Major rank officers be eliminated, those are your future General Officers and Colonels who run the show and he wholesale got rid of tones of them.

Oh, I was not aware of that. I stand corrected. Thanks.

and not only Westwalls link to purged Experienced Military but look at the types that 'mrobama' had as advisers and confidants . Look at the 'iranian' valery jarret , hilary clinton , al sharpton , bill clinton , marie harf and the red headed chick and others that were all part of 'mrobamas' wrecking crew . And none of them needed to be ordered to wreck America as they all knew what 'mrobama' wanted as they were all mrobama types and they all wanted the USA wrecked . A big part and maybe the most important part of America is the Navy and Military and mrobama wanted that also wrecked WBorn .

I have still seen nothing to indicate that the OP is even close to correct blaming the Navy for the incident.

When being maneuvered by a tug the ship is essentially dead in the water. There is no propulsion whatsoever on the part of the Navy ship. The tug hit the ship, not the other way around.

I have still seen nothing to indicate that the OP is even close to correct blaming the Navy for the incident.

When being maneuvered by a tug the ship is essentially dead in the water. There is no propulsion whatsoever on the part of the Navy ship. The tug hit the ship, not the other way around.

Yeah, the OP is completely wrong, but obummer did do a tremendous amount of damage to the military as a whole. He put people in positions that they were totally unsuited for, but they were obummer bots so he didn't care.

Yeah, the OP is completely wrong, but obummer did do a tremendous amount of damage to the military as a whole. He put people in positions that they were totally unsuited for, but they were obummer bots so he didn't care.

I know that Typhoid Barry appointed many devout muslims to many powerful, high-security positions in various Federal agencies. And still infested with them because Trump is not an all-powerful sorcerer with a magic wand. Including - I'm guessing - the Pentagon which would explain why the Bergdahl traitor, "filthy piece of garbage" as Pres. Trump calls him, got away with treason scot-free. That whole pestilential Obamabhorrent plague - spreading in a toxic, radioactive fog of malice - made it cool and hip to hate one's own country.

and not only Westwalls link to purged Experienced Military but look at the types that 'mrobama' had as advisers and confidants . Look at the 'iranian' valery jarret , hilary clinton , al sharpton , bill clinton , marie harf and the red headed chick and others that were all part of 'mrobamas' wrecking crew . And none of them needed to be ordered to wreck America as they all knew what 'mrobama' wanted as they were all mrobama types and they all wanted the USA wrecked . A big part and maybe the most important part of America is the Navy and Military and mrobama wanted that also wrecked WBorn .

Obamaggot also gutted NASA worse than any other American politician in NASA's history. Why? Because he had such a 3rd-world inferiority complex about America you could tell he couldn't STAND the idea of American accomplishment (remember his "You didn't build that" speech to small business owners?). So he crippled something America does better than all other countries: aerospace. For the first time in all space travel, American astronauts have to "hitch hike" other countries' spacecraft to get into Earth orbit.That's a fucking DISGRACE.

In 2010 Obamalignancy said he wanted NASA to be a "muslim outreach" whatever the fuck that is, to Islam's non-existent scientific accomplishments. With liberals, every detail in life has to benefit the most demonstrably violent religion on earth, first and foremost. Anything that America does well made Obama's little dick go limp. I always thought NASA's purpose was space exploration, NOT coddling muslims pwecious little feewings.

where'd you disappear to , you mighta learned something if you woulda stuck around Baz .:afro:

benfold_collision_navy.jpg

A U.S. warship sustained minor damage Saturday when it collided with a Japanese tug boat, the Navy's 7th Fleet announced.

The USS Benfold was conducting a scheduled exercise in Japan's Sagami Bay at the time of the collision.

The Japanese tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the USS Benfold during a towing exercise.

The guided-missile destroyer, which remains at sea, will undergo a damage assessment and an investigation into the crash, according to ABC News.

The Benfold was operating under its own power, while the Japanese vessel was being towed to a port in Yokosuka, the statement said.

The Navy said the incident will be investigated.

The Benfold was conducting the routine training as part of a seamanship certification, said 7th Fleet spokesman Cmdr. Clay Doss.

:dunno: Hmmn? Interesting it remains at SEA! Where the Junk Tug was to close to a ship at sea. Ships crew is to blame, mostly. It a rule of thump went towing the smaller boat in downwind. So it floats away. The crew should have known this was the wrong location to be. Engines for Navy ships are never down during training Exercise, for the most part. as they may need to move ASAP! For other reasons.

btw: If the tug was coming to say my ship during these exercises if I was armed.
I would have sunk it before it hit. Without warning!

btw: These LOSERS in the NAVY can't drive. Even with a captain on deck FFS!

btw2: If the tug was being towed, as the trainer towee. Again the crew is at fault.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back