Why has Speaker Ryan not posted the entire Tax Bill on line?

Why is the H. of Rep. not posting the tax bill passed this week on line?

• Ryan and Trump's lies will be exposed!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Ryan doesn't know what is in it, but is desperate for a win (it's all about his job)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is toxic to the middle class, the working poor and benefits the globalists

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It will increase the national debt and the annual deficit (once Ryan and others have left office)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
It seems to me that every citizen and business in America will be impacted in one way or another by this effort to reform taxes. So why not put the entire bill on line for all of us to read it and argue about it when we know what is in it?

They are just copying how the democrats do things. "We must pass it to see what's in it".

It seems to me that every citizen and business in America will be impacted in one way or another by this effort to reform taxes. So why not put the entire bill on line for all of us to read it and argue about it when we know what is in it?
Like Obamacare got reviewed by the American people before it was passed?

518192326.jpg

Honestly, in the past, I wouldn't have bothered to read most pieces of legislation. It's not as though they write it an easily read way, and it's not the language and sentence structure that makes them hard to read. It's that they write most of them by referring to prior legislation's provision identifier and stating what they're changing. Because they use that approach, one must obtain the prior piece of legislation, and see what it says, and as often as not, that bill references yet some earlier piece of legislation.

It's utter ridiculous that they write bills that way, but they do. That approach to law writing dissuades pretty much any "common citizen" from undertaking to read a bill, particularly one that is hundreds of pages long, notwithstanding the fact that many people are reluctant to read things longer than a tweet.

These days, I bother to read key portions of key bills that interest me. Mostly I look to see what's there that isn't widely discussed in the news. Make no mistake, however, it's a royal PITA and rarely can I finish reading it before it passes both houses, mainly because of all the "backtracking" I have to do to know what be the substance of the thing. Why do I do that? Because among the current crop of elected and appointed leaders, one of them lies and the rest of them swear to it. I just don't trust them; it's really that simple.

One bill I did read before it finally died: CDZ - Analysis of the ACHA and ACA at the individual level.

Last edited:
It’s because Nancy Pelosi told him to pass it before anyone can read it.

GOP tax plan will benefit all.

• Banned
GOP tax plan will benefit all.

Please put me on ignore, every time you respond to my comments I need to shower. You are what is wrong with America, an ignorant curmudgeon.

hey-girl-you-wont-care-if-i-raise-your-taxes-if-i-just-show-you-my-rippeling-abs.jpg

Let's just pass the bill first and find out what's in it next..sounds reasonable to me.

Sheep don't even realize that Obamacare was Org. Romney Care ..............

Haven't you read it yet?

Let's just pass the bill first and find out what's in it next..sounds reasonable to me.

Your post is not clever and taking Pelosi's comment our of context is childish and dishonest.

Your post is not clever and taking Pelosi's comment our of context is childish and dishonest.

For the record, see:

FACT CHECK: Did Nancy Pelosi Say Obamacare Must be Passed to 'Find Out What Is in It'?

By the time the GOP get through shoveling bullshit up the ass of these mindless mutants called Trump supporters, they're not gonna know their arm pits from their ass ho's. The only use the GOP has for poor white trash cans is votes...other than that, they have yet to ever and I mean do anything to benefit these piss poor fools, other than feed them some white pride garbage, of which these moron's seem to love digesting.
200w.webp

Forum List

Back