Damn right i’m entitled and not a victim

LOL.....ok the Gov has no money

Yes it does. It's called revenue, which is the sum total of taxes and fees paid into the federal government (I'm assuming you're just talking about the federal government here, right?)

....the Gov issues Bonds...

No. The FED issues bonds.

No. Lot's of people, government and other entities buy them. I buy them in the form of Series I Savings Bonds. You may buy them in some other form, such as T-Bills or via some investment scheme in your 401K which favors them.

Money, or currency? They're not the same.

The "Feds" or the "FED?" There is a difference, you know.

No. The FED may create new currency, but private banks (Who ARE the FED) make "new" money.

Now...there are X amount of Dollars in the World

No. There isn't a finite amount of dollars in the world.

...we have ONE dollar in our hands and the Gov PRINTS one, how much is the one we had worth?

That depends upon what it's owed for and, more importantly, who wants it and for what.

Really, I am sorry you have no knowledge of the issue.

Illiteracy of the issue is no defense.....now old guy....we are spending more than the "revenue" coming in.....thats where the bonds and the printing comes in....I understand you were just a trucker........it shows. You go ahead with the "printing" is good meme if it makes you "feel" better.

Last edited:
Really, I am sorry you have no knowledge of the issue.

Illiteracy of the issue is no defense

Then show me where I'm wrong...if you can.

You wish to claim that you and others that are buying on a micro scale are saving the union.

Patently false.

The world stopped buying our Bonds...so now we issue them and buy them with fake money...it's not mine to prove, it just is what it is......

You probably think that the "revenue" collected for SS is right there in that little lock box too.....

The Wall St. crowd has had their eyes on the Social Security fund for years.

They won't allow their political cronies to fix it.

They want it privatized so they can shift it into their own pockets.

The Wall St. crowd has had their eyes on the Social Security fund for years.

They won't allow their political cronies to fix it.

They want it privatized so they can shift it into their own pockets.

The Wall St. crowd is going to have to take a number behind the politicians as far as raiding the funds. just sayin.....

You aren't entitled to jack from the government merely because you let them rob you blind for years.

Other people are supporting you, you aren't entitled to that support. Some are doing it because of the goodness of their heart. Some are doing it because they are forced to. Regardless, it's still their money you are using. And you aren't entitled to that.

Maybe instead of demanding what you feel you are entitled to, you should give thanks to what others generously and begrudgingly give you.

Yeah? You are an idiot, an asshole, and so entirely full of shit your eyes are brown.
I wasn't given a choice about paying into the system and am most certainly entitled to recieve what I have purchased with what I worked to earn. You don't like it? Tough shit.
What makes you think you are any better than me when it comes to being forced to pay into the system? Man up and stop whining like a little bitch. Tissue?

You wish to claim that you and others that are buying on a micro scale are saving the union.

Patently false.

No, I didn't say that. You see what you want to see.

The world stopped buying our Bonds...so now we issue them and buy them with fake money...it's not mine to prove, it just is what it is......

So, you're free to claim anything you like without having to prove it? That seems to be quite common from the right. I suppose next, you'll say it's up to me to DISPROVE it, right?

You probably think that the "revenue" collected for SS is right there in that little lock box too.....

I didn't say that either.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9PYtmVybU]Think, McFly! Think - YouTube[/ame]

Social security isn't something that is just for the elderly or the retired. Every foster kid in America gets SS for life. Without ever having paid into it.

It's evolved into more than it was intended to be and because of this it is not sustainable in it's present form.

Social security isn't something that is just for the elderly or the retired. Every foster kid in America gets SS for life. Without ever having paid into it.

Ya don't say? One of my grandkids was a foster kid and he doesn't get SS. In fact, I have no clue what you're talking about.

DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:
I agree with "LilOlLady" - the "Neanderthal" luntic fringe can support the 1%!

Last edited:
DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

What I bolded in red is exactly the reason to privatize the system, you made a great argument for privatizing it. What most of us want is to be able to pass on what we pay in to our benefactors should we not live to collect it. It should be an investment, not a bottomless pit that the government gets to rob for their pet projects and to buy votes or to use as a scare tactic to garner votes. So, good job, you listed great reasons for why it needs to be majorly revamped and privatized. ;)

You're not allowed to show fiscal constraint to a liberal.. They are the "Entitled" culture.. Phones, food stamps, electric bills, college, rent.. you name it, they're entitled and will fight tooth and nail to hang on to the gubmint cheese.

Amid the bustle of President Obama’s surprise stop for barbecue Wednesday the White House apparently overlooked one key detail: the bill.

Lead by example as I always say. Liberals are incapable of comprehending fiscal constraint, they are much too wrapped up with themselves, "whats in it for me". The left love their government programs like Social Security, welfare, and Obamacare, they only become enraged (throw their little tantrum and begin to point the finger) when you present them with one thing ...... the bill.

Last edited:
If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

$2.5 TRILLION of the national debt is debt owed to the social security administration.

So when the government pays social security to the recipients the Government is not borrowing money, they're PAYING IT BACK to the WORKERS who lent this nation that money in the first place.

Now go read a book and get yourself educated.

This pretty much sums up the issue of solvancy, and financial security that can be found for those individuals who decide to put all their faith and trust (as well as personal livelyhood) into a Federal Government. A Government who builds their promises as a means to obtain votes, based on the notion of "wanting to take care of you", and who "knows what's best for you." (The entitlement heroine drug as I call it) Below is a letter to former Senator and co-chair of Obama’s deficit committee Alan Simpson, who called Seniors the ‘Greediest Generation’ for refusing cuts into the program. Of course we all know how fiscally responsible the Federal Government can be.

Hey Alan,

Let’s get a few things straight…

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS…

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63)…

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud…

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN…

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills…

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent b*stards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay of YOUR debt…

To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullsh*t” on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU…

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullsh*t, and your political co-conspirators who are “greedy”. It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a b*tch.

Now can you honestly say, you trust the Federal Government to be there for your Health Care when Obamacare fully kicks in and you need it? Please tell me how much better that will be, compared to the individual having the control over what he or she wants, and being "responsible" enough to comparision shop for the benefits and deductables they are willing to pay to get it.

Last edited:
As long as the government is throwing away billions in foreign aid it can obviously afford to pay debts that it actually owes.

How does the Congress come up with that funding?

They borrow it in periods when tax revenues are low, such as during any economic downturn...like now.

As the Baby Boomers retire the amount of money needed to keep Social Security solvent is going to increase by huge amounts.

How huge? Most of we Boomer's are retired already and drawing our SS.

Yep. Which is exactly how a fiat currency works. The more it's owed, the more value it has.

Extremely? Please define what you consider as "extreme."

Do you advocate "revamping" the whole system to meet a temporary problem? Why?

You talk about "political suicide" which is an issue for politicians trying to get reelected

Uh...yeah. That's how our political system works. The Will of The People is expressed through the election or re-election of politician's. Do you have a better system?

...but their "problem" doesn't address the simple math involved. We either fix SS or come up with huge amounts of money we don't have to pay for it.

We have lots of things which require "huge amounts of money to pay for" and always have. SS is no different. It's how our economy and government functions.

The only question is one of priorities: On what will we spend our money? Social Security? Or, something else?

I don't thing you grasp the enormity of the problem we face, Oldguy...Baby Boomers will be retiring for the next two decades...by 2032, when the youngest boomers will have reached 67, Americans age 65 and older are projected to number 75 million, nearly doubled from 39 million in 2007. The beneficiary-to-worker ratio, which compares the number of people drawing benefits to the number of workers paying into Social Security, will rise from 35 per 100 in 2011 to 49 per 100 in 2035.

I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

$2.5 TRILLION of the national debt is debt owed to the social security administration.

So when the government pays social security to the recipients the Government is not borrowing money, they're PAYING IT BACK to the WORKERS who lent this nation that money in the first place.

Maybe you should re-read what you wrote.

2.5 tillion is owed to the SS admin....meaning the government borrowed it from the tax payer.

For the government to pay it back, as of today, they will need to borrow money.

So the money they are paying back to the tax payer is actually being borrowed.

You know...the whole borrow from peter to pay paul thing.

How does the Congress come up with that funding?

They borrow it in periods when tax revenues are low, such as during any economic downturn...like now.

How huge? Most of we Boomer's are retired already and drawing our SS.

Yep. Which is exactly how a fiat currency works. The more it's owed, the more value it has.

Extremely? Please define what you consider as "extreme."

Do you advocate "revamping" the whole system to meet a temporary problem? Why?

Uh...yeah. That's how our political system works. The Will of The People is expressed through the election or re-election of politician's. Do you have a better system?

...but their "problem" doesn't address the simple math involved. We either fix SS or come up with huge amounts of money we don't have to pay for it.

We have lots of things which require "huge amounts of money to pay for" and always have. SS is no different. It's how our economy and government functions.

The only question is one of priorities: On what will we spend our money? Social Security? Or, something else?

I don't thing you grasp the enormity of the problem we face, Oldguy...Baby Boomers will be retiring for the next two decades...by 2032, when the youngest boomers will have reached 67, Americans age 65 and older are projected to number 75 million, nearly doubled from 39 million in 2007. The beneficiary-to-worker ratio, which compares the number of people drawing benefits to the number of workers paying into Social Security, will rise from 35 per 100 in 2011 to 49 per 100 in 2035.

Making the implementation of Obamacare ever more imperative. When health care is parceled out to the 'most deserving' due to the cost effectiveness of expending limited funds and resources, you can bet your sweet bippy that millions of those seniors will be left to die, their only relief being massive amounts of pain-killing drugs...if even that.

Stop your whining.....

The government is indeed "borrowing the money" to cover current payments because that $2.5 Trillion that they owe SS is the OP's money that they have already spent.
Now they are "borrowing" from our children's SS to pay back the money they "borrowed" from the parents.
What used to be insurance is now a government ponzi scheme.

Forum List

Back