Dallas Morning News endorses Hillary Clinton

The Dallas Morning News endorsed John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012 it didn't do anything for either of them.

It didn't help them win Iowa, sure. But that's not the point of the thread.
The only point of thread is very poor attempt to try and make nothing into something if a major California newspaper was to endorse Donad Trump it would not change the fact that baring a miracle of bibical proportions Hillary Clinton would still win California.

The Dallas Morning News endorsed John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012 it didn't do anything for either of them.

The only point of thread is very poor attempt to try and make nothing into something if a major California newspaper was to endorse Donad Trump it would not change the fact that baring a miracle of bibical proportions Hillary Clinton would still win California.

I think Texas is polling much closer than in past elections. Also this is a paper that never and I mean never endorses Democrats. It's not even as if this reliably conservative paper chose not to endorse anyone, they actually did the right thing and endorsed Clinton. If only to avoid a Trump presidency. That's not something that happens everyday, I only wish more reasonable Republicans would do the same. Don't worry, I don't put you in that group.

I think Texas is polling much closer than in past elections. Also this is a paper that never and I mean never endorses Democrats. It's not even as if this reliably conservative paper chose not to endorse anyone, they actually did the right thing and endorsed Clinton. If only to avoid a Trump presidency. That's not something that happens everyday, I only wish more reasonable Republicans would do the same. Don't worry, I don't put you in that group.
Trump won't win the State by as large margins as McCain or Romney did but he will still carry it probably by 10 or 12 points. On the insult front I wish more reasonable Democrats would reconsider putting another corrupt, lying, career political elitist in the Whitehouse a group I don't have you in.

Another belt to Donald Trump. A major newspaper in Dallas, Texas endorses Hillary Clinton for President.

"There is only one serious candidate on the presidential ballot in November. We recommend Hillary Clinton.

We don't come to this decision easily. This newspaper has not recommended a Democrat for the nation's highest office since before World War II — if you're counting, that's more than 75 years and nearly 20 elections. The party's over-reliance on government and regulation to remedy the country's ills is at odds with our belief in private-sector ingenuity and innovation. Our values are more about individual liberty, free markets and a strong national defense.

We've been critical of Clinton's handling of certain issues in the past. But unlike Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton has experience in actual governance, a record of service and a willingness to delve into real policy.

Resume vs. resume, judgment vs. judgment, this election is no contest.

In Clinton's eight years in the U.S. Senate, she displayed reach and influence in foreign affairs. Though conservatives like to paint her as nakedly partisan, on Capitol Hill she gained respect from Republicans for working across the aisle: Two-thirds of her bills had GOP co-sponsors and included common ground with some of Congress' most conservative lawmakers.

As President Barack Obama's first secretary of state, she helped make tough calls on the Middle East and the complex struggle against radical Islamic terrorism. It's no accident that hundreds of Republican foreign policy hands back Clinton. She also has the support of dozens of top advisers from previous Republican administrations, including Henry Paulson, John Negroponte, Richard Armitage and Brent Scowcroft. Also on this list is Jim Glassman, the founding executive director of the George W. Bush Institute in Dallas.

Clinton has remained dogged by questions about her honesty, her willingness to shade the truth. Her use of a private email server while secretary of state is a clear example of poor judgment. She should take additional steps to divorce allegations of influence peddling from the Clinton Foundation. And she must be more forthright with the public by holding news conferences, as opposed to relying on a shield of carefully scripted appearances and speeches.

Those are shortcomings. But they pale in comparison to the litany of evils some opponents accuse her of. Treason? Murder? Her being cleared of crimes by investigation after investigation has no effect on these political hyenas; they refuse to see anything but conspiracies and cover-ups.

We reject the politics of personal destruction. Clinton has made mistakes and displayed bad judgment, but her errors are plainly in a different universe than her opponent's.

Trump's values are hostile to conservatism. He plays on fear — exploiting base instincts of xenophobia, racism and misogyny — to bring out the worst in all of us, rather than the best. His serial shifts on fundamental issues reveal an astounding absence of preparedness. And his improvisational insults and midnight tweets exhibit a dangerous lack of judgment and impulse control.

After nearly four decades in the public spotlight, 25 of them on the national stage, Clinton is a known quantity. For all her warts, she is the candidate more likely to keep our nation safe, to protect American ideals and to work across the aisle to uphold the vital domestic institutions that rely on a competent, experienced president.

Hillary Clinton has spent years in the trenches doing the hard work needed to prepare herself to lead our nation. In this race, at this time, she deserves your vote."
We recommend Hillary Clinton for president | Editorials | Dallas News

Well there you have it, now you see what REAL Republicans think of Donald Trump. They're voting for Hillary Clinton. This happened BEFORE the very FIRST debate--amazing, isn't it.

Further confirmation that in another decade, Texas may turn BLUE........and without Texas, the GOP will NEVER, EVER see the WH again, unless they get rid of ultra right wingers, tea baggers and some of the old, white morons on this forum.

And you expected anything different? Where is that emoji with the guy slapping the floor while laughing when you want it!?! Oh here
th

Well you can count Texas to go blue now. I don't know if this endorsement will do it, but that state is populated with a 40% legal voting Hispanic population--so I never thought it would go red this year anyway. So another unexpected 38 electoral college votes goes into Hillary Clinton's column.

donald-trump-president-latino-cartoon-598.jpg
With 400,000 subscribers, it is definitely a major player in the influence market.
Any other stupid in your head?

Trump won't win the State by as large margins as McCain or Romney did but he will still carry it probably by 10 or 12 points. On the insult front I wish more reasonable Democrats would reconsider putting another corrupt, lying, career political elitist in the Whitehouse a group I don't have you in.

I'm not sure how Trump is going to do in Texas, we'll see. It's funny as a Trump supporter you say corrupt as though that belongs on the other team.

I'm not sure how Trump is going to do in Texas, we'll see. It's funny as a Trump supporter you say corrupt as though that belongs on the other team.
Whats funny is you keep referring to me as a Trump supporter even though I have said many times on this board I'm not a Trump supporter and that I think he or Hillary would be a terrible President.

We're talking about TEXAS here which is a shock. It's been a lockdown for Republicans for decades. And even BEFORE the first debate--The Dallas Morning News has had enough of Donald Trump--they don't care what he's going to say or how he's going to do in the debates--they have made up their minds they are endorsing Hillary Clinton. And that's the REAL news here.

I imagine there will be other conservative news papers that will follow suit.

Forum List

Back