DADT Vote - Live!!!

Hard to believe that here we are in 2010 and when given a chance to give an equal opportunity for gays to serve their country, the majority of Republicans said....NO

They already had the opportunity. Without causing problems.

you mean like the uppity black folk who wanted desegregated units?

you know i like you and respect you, but you might want to think about this one.

No Jillian, I don't see any similarities there. I've always been anti-racist. But on this issue I'm a realist. I see plenty of problems in an already overworked military. I knew this was coming but this was not the time for it. We'll see soon enough.

Hard to believe that here we are in 2010 and when given a chance to give an equal opportunity for gays to serve their country, the majority of Republicans said....NO

ALL of this is Forced Acceptence...

there is no other explination.

Forced acceptance has been applied by the government before. See: Slaves Becoming Free, women being allowed to vote, minorities allowed to vote, desegregation-which of these are you against?

Last edited:

you mean like the uppity black folk who wanted desegregated units?

you know i like you and respect you, but you might want to think about this one.

No Jillian, I don't see any similarities there. I've always been anti-racist. But on this issue I'm a realist. I see plenty of problems in an already overworked military. I knew this was coming but this was not the time for it. We'll see soon enough.

I would never imply you're a racist. And please forgive me if it seemed otherwise. I'm merely pointing out the parallels in the circumstances. Mostly, I think it's people being resistant to change. And sometimes they have to be taken by the hand and dragged a bit. Everyone knows that gays are already serving bravely and honorably. They should never be forced to lie about who they are. You keep pictures of your family and loved ones. They should be able to do simple things like that, too.

Last edited:
Bad week for Clinton era policies. No tax increases and repeal of DADT.

Yeah a huge deficit, instead of a huge surplus, and a very high unemployment rate...it is a bad time for Clinton era policies. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Ah, yes.....policies that have a track-record of $ucce$$; the bane of "conservatives", nation-wide.

303.gif

Forced acceptance has been applied by the government before. See: Slaves Becoming Free, women being allowed to vote, minorities allowed to vote, desegregation-which of these are you against?

Forced servitude vs. a lifestyle choice do not equate there poindexter.

And you have to love this logic... if you don't embrace the radical gay agenda, you are most likely gay, but closeted.

Wow... real genius!

Your disgusting. Letting soldiers be honest about who they are is not a "Radical gay agenda."

Some time ago, ne'er-do-wells like yourself called desegregation in the military "Radical black agenda."

wtf? when were soldiers not ALLOWED to honest about themselves. you people are friggen nuts.

:confused:
What, exactly, do you think DADT is?

Now how are they going to bunk them? Can't mix em male and female, can't put em with a straight of the same sex, can't put them with gays of the same sex. I guess everyone will now get their own penthouse.

All man parts together/all girl parts together ....Thats the way the civilian world does it and thats the way other countries do it

Its no big deal and will not radically change the military

Who gives a tinker's fucking DAMN what other countries are doing?

You fuckers are Hell-Bent of destroying American Exceptionalism at every turn aren't you? Just gotta BE like everyone else.
Shove your Exceptionalism straight-up-your-ass.

It's already gotten us involved in TOO-many Wars, already!!!!

Don't you learn to spell the word acceptance in the 4th grade? Yeah knowing how to properly spell that word makes me a poindexter alright! Oh wait...nope, not being able to spell it just makes you look dumb.

Let me ask you something, and I really want the truth here. When did you choose to be straight? If sexuality is a choice (as you claim)-then surely you chose to be straight?

Last edited:

I must respectfully disagree on this (but also admit that, never having served in the military, I'm not the most qualified here to opine about DADT).

We didn't see a court force this decision; it's the result of a messy legislative process. If there were not a shift in society towards acceptance, there is no way Congress would have made this decision.

My two cents: the Gay Rights issue has been one about which society has grappled for a for a number of years. Acceptance varies by age group and geography, but from what I can see, young people (at least in CA) often don't regard being gay as a big deal.

There have always been and there will always be gays and lesbians. Personally, I think it's better for society for one's private sex life to not be a big deal (although this assumes that the sex life is indeed conducted in private). Ostracizing a responsible gay person who wishes to serve his country is not acceptable. Nor is the militant hyper sexuality in which a small minority of gays feel compelled to make their lifestyle a public in your face display acceptable.

I disagree that being gay is always a lifestyle choice. There are people who are just born that way.

All man parts together/all girl parts together ....Thats the way the civilian world does it and thats the way other countries do it

You fuckers are Hell-Bent of destroying American Exceptionalism at every turn aren't you? Just gotta BE like everyone else.

Do you mean if we allow gays in the Military, we will no longer be exceptional?

OH NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

3113955.jpg
No doubt!!

God might join the other-side, as a result, too!!

I'm sure Pat Robertson will have something to say, about that.​

We don't live in a bubble. Get over it.
Well.....some of us don't.......

:eusa_whistle:

They did not have an equal opportunity to serve. They could not speak of their chosen partner, their partner could not bid them farewell or welcome their return, they could not have their loved one visit in a military hospital, their loved ones could not receive any benefits

Forum List

Back