DADT dead, finally, equal rights, and we catch up with the rest of the world!

The DoD already had their minds made up that they wanted to repeal DADT, if 100% of the service members would have said they were against DADT, the repeal would have happened anyway with some lame excuse and justification and its like that for every decision that comes down the pipes.

Thats what I figured, this repeal would have happened even if 100% of the Military said they were against it. Most Military members back in the day rejected integration and the Military did it anyways.

Dude integration and DADT two separate things, blacks were allowed to openly serve because we obviously can't covertly serve and say we're something else. Gays wanted the right to say they're openly gay for what? Openly saying you're gay is not the same as integrating.

I know integration and DADT are not the same I was just making the point that most Military members did not want integration and the Military still went and did it, the Military will do what it needs to regardless of opinion.

Thats what I figured, this repeal would have happened even if 100% of the Military said they were against it. Most Military members back in the day rejected integration and the Military did it anyways.

Dude integration and DADT two separate things, blacks were allowed to openly serve because we obviously can't covertly serve and say we're something else. Gays wanted the right to say they're openly gay for what? Openly saying you're gay is not the same as integrating.

I know integration and DADT are not the same I was just making the point that most Military members did not want integration and the Military still went and did it, the Military will do what it needs to regardless of opinion.

Being against homosexuality and not liking black are still different things. Lucky for me I have only 5 years left and if I can I will turn down all chances to be a First Sergeant and sit out my last five years in staff positions.

Like the noble, battle hardened nation of Israel, who has allowed my brethren so serve openly for a while now, AND THEY HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, OR FROM IT.

I know a couple dudes still in, this will effect and benefit them. I know they're relieved to know that they no longer have to live a lie and can be honest, real, and proud if they so choose.

IF WE'RE WILLING TO DIE FOR THIS GREAT NATION, WE DESERVE @ LEAST THAT MUCH.

To the likely closeted, sad, bass ackwards, bigots like SwordOfDamocles, Sunni Man, SaggyinNola I say: This is equal civil rights, FINALLY. Our patriotism aint stained by ignorant bigotry like yours is. The VAST MAJORITY of the military is fine with this and knows that they been serving alongside us this whole time WITH NO PROBLEMS ANYWAY.

Don't like progress? LEAVE.

This isn't progress you dumbass and our military was never behind any military in this world, we were always better and far more ahead and advanced that every military in this world. The world's most powerful military didn't need DADT repealed to be the best, that shows what you really thought about us.

Indeed it does, that I thought our military is good enough to repeal such a flawed, bigoted ban, grow with us.

The report is not flawed, just ignored! When the POTUS, SECDEF, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs wants repeal, then of course they will get the results that they want. The problem was that the report generated results that they did not want. Therefore, every time the working group received negative information, they merely disregarded it and stated that it didn't represent the majority of the military. Of the 116,000 surveyed, 71% of them have a problem with it, but of course this was disregarded.

Just making a point that there was no real research put into this. The repeal of DADT is strictly political and has nothing to do with what is needed or not needed in the U.S. military.

People like you just bought into the political and media spin and assumed that the report generated favorable opinions in the military regarding repeal of DADT. In all actuality, repeal is not favored in the military, but then people do not want to hear that. It is done now, so I suppose it really does not matter what is wanted or not wanted.

Hey stupid.........as a RETIRED US Navy veteran who served honorably from 1982 until 2002, lemmie tell ya some stuff.......

Apparently, you've been on a deployment. You as a Marine should know that when shit goes south on the homefront, your mind isn't on the situation at hand, be it wife, girlfriend or whatever. However........you have the luxury of being able to contact home via the Red Cross or the ombudsman.

Gays don't have that. Why? Because if it ever comes to light they will be kicked out of the military.

Will repeal of DADT make our military stronger? Yeah, because then they won't have to worry about continuing their service.

And for the bigoted assholes such as yourself who will get out because they don't want to serve with gays? Great! Leave my military and become a civvie. We don't need bigots in my military.

Besides.........the manning levels will be MORE than offset by the many gays who would jump at the chance to serve.

The Gaybiker would support something that most troops don't support and the gays are not gpoing to offset any manning levels, there aren't that many gays in America to begin with. Dumbass squid.

You're utterly clueless. NO survey can really accurately estimate our numbers cuz many still closeted won't admit what they really are.

Closest estimate:
@ LEAST 10% out and proud like me.
@ LEAST another 10% closeted.
and when you add the likely 5-10% that's bi and whatever, yea bout 25-30% seems bout right. Always gotta x the "out" number by 2-3.

Our numbers increase almost daily too. Get used to it, or leave.:eusa_whistle:

The DoD already had their minds made up that they wanted to repeal DADT, if 100% of the service members would have said they were against DADT, the repeal would have happened anyway with some lame excuse and justification and its like that for every decision that comes down the pipes.

This sadly explains alot.......

Being against homosexuality and not liking black are still different things. Lucky for me I have only 5 years left and if I can I will turn down all chances to be a First Sergeant and sit out my last five years in staff positions.

From my experience people who hate gay people usually dont think too fondly of black people either.

From my experience people who hate gay people usually dont think too fondly of black people either.

YUP.
:clap2:

Hey stupid.........as a RETIRED US Navy veteran who served honorably from 1982 until 2002, lemmie tell ya some stuff.......

Apparently, you've been on a deployment. You as a Marine should know that when shit goes south on the homefront, your mind isn't on the situation at hand, be it wife, girlfriend or whatever. However........you have the luxury of being able to contact home via the Red Cross or the ombudsman.

Gays don't have that. Why? Because if it ever comes to light they will be kicked out of the military.

Will repeal of DADT make our military stronger? Yeah, because then they won't have to worry about continuing their service.

And for the bigoted assholes such as yourself who will get out because they don't want to serve with gays? Great! Leave my military and become a civvie. We don't need bigots in my military.

Besides.........the manning levels will be MORE than offset by the many gays who would jump at the chance to serve.

The Gaybiker would support something that most troops don't support and the gays are not gpoing to offset any manning levels, there aren't that many gays in America to begin with. Dumbass squid.

You're utterly clueless. NO survey can really accurately estimate our numbers cuz many still closeted won't admit what they really are.

Closest estimate:
and when you add the likely 5-10% that's bi and whatever, yea bout 25-30% seems bout right. Always gotta x the "out" number by 2-3.

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Closest estimate:

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

LOL nice, well thought out, credible retort!:cuckoo::lol:

:lalala::lalala::lalala:
^^That's YOU dude.^^

Wake up.

Reidlr wrote:

That's a common conspiracy theory with opponents of DADT, and equal civil rights, etc. You weren't part of that polling process, I highly doubt anyway, so you can keep floating that theory and the made up "discounted" numbers if yall want to make yourselves feel better. But again, NO STRAIGHT service member I know had a problem with me serving, NONE, IN ANY BRANCH. Sad thing is, you've very likely already served with my brethren, aint know it, got close with them, and upon founding out they happen to be gay, will dislike, even hate them......sad indeed.

I took basic training in October of 1979, and it took our flight about three days to identify this skinny little black dude as a homo. No one would shower with him and few talked to him. He was never hurt physically but, he didn't hear what people were saying behind his back. There was a couple guys that wanted to throw his ass out the second story window of the barracks onto the cement below, but they were talked out of it.

Now I don't know for sure but I imagine with the indoctrination that the young get in school these days, they don't give a rats ass about homos eying up their junk in the shower. I would, and I don't think there will ever be a day when "everybody," as you're trying to bull shit here, won't care. Most heterosexual males are disgusted with homosexuality, whether they care to admit it or not. Most just answer with the usual politically correct crap just so they don't have to hear the liberals and homos supporters explode with their tirades of BIGOT and HOMOPHOBE.

But if homos want to join up and fight, might as well let them. Just so long as recruiting doesn't take a turn for the worse, the military needs the man power. We're spread so thin right now it's pathetic. Some type of privacy for showers would solve a lot of problems too, even a simple curtain.

NO BS, looks like you know a bad crop of "breeders" Yea, we can have cute lil names for yall too. All my straight friends have no problem with me, likely never will. Alot's changed since 1979 man, like is said, grow with us.

Oh... I see... YOU are a homo. Whatever, and I believe your straight friends don't have a problem with you, otherwise they wouldn't be your friends. But that in no way means that ALL straight people don't have a problem with you. Personally, I find homosexuality disgusting, but that doesn't mean I dislike the person. It's what they DO, sexually, that I find very perverted, and that's a natural, heterosexual reaction.

So now that DADT has been repealed, we won't know how it's going to impact the military for months to come, but already today I've heard mentions of military members that will not be reenlisting, not to mention those that won't enlist in the first place now. So although you homos see this as some big victory, it could still turn into a real freakin' problem. It could still even be repealed and DADT could be put back in force. We'll have to see what happens now.

Last edited:
Pale Rider wrote:

Oh... I see... YOU are a homo.
Proudly so, my sig. makes it kinda obvious lol.

Whatever, and I believe your straight friends don't have a problem with you, otherwise they wouldn't be your friends. But that in no way means that ALL straight people don't have a problem with you. Personally, I find homosexuality disgusting, but that doesn't mean I dislike the person. It's what they DO, sexually, that I find very perverted, and that's a natural, heterosexual reaction.
Fair enough. I know I was born this way, and what I am feels natural to me, so I feel the same disgusted way bout hetero sex.

So now that DADT has been repealed, we won't know how it's going to impact the military for months to come, but already today I've heard mentions of military members that will not be reenlisting, not to mention those that won't enlist in the first place now. So although you homos see this as some big victory, it could still turn into a real freakin' problem. It could still even be repealed and DADT could be put back in force. We'll have to see what happens now.
I doubt it'll have much negative effect. Honestly, I wouldn't want those homophobes in anyway, they can leave, good. I doubt it'll be many tho cuz, again, as I've said, ALL the dudes I know in ALL branches NEVER had, or have a problem with me, and I know quite a few.

So now that DADT has been repealed, we won't know how it's going to impact the military for months to come, but already today I've heard mentions of military members that will not be reenlisting, not to mention those that won't enlist in the first place now.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and wait to see how this plays out before anyone decides not to reenlist or to not join the Military because of this, people are acting like gay and bi people are going to be going around sucking cock left and right because DADT is repealed? I think its funny how no one mentions the lesbians, its ok for them go around feeling each other titties and rug munching right but the guys can't do anything?

BS, what about the Africans who are against homosexuality as well as the rejection of homosexuality by African Americans?

Like the noble, battle hardened nation of Israel, who has allowed my brethren so serve openly for a while now, AND THEY HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, OR FROM IT.

I know a couple dudes still in, this will effect and benefit them. I know they're relieved to know that they no longer have to live a lie and can be honest, real, and proud if they so choose.

IF WE'RE WILLING TO DIE FOR THIS GREAT NATION, WE DESERVE @ LEAST THAT MUCH.

To the likely closeted, sad, bass ackwards, bigots like SwordOfDamocles, Sunni Man, SaggyinNola I say: This is equal civil rights, FINALLY. Our patriotism aint stained by ignorant bigotry like yours is. The VAST MAJORITY of the military is fine with this and knows that they been serving alongside us this whole time WITH NO PROBLEMS ANYWAY.

Don't like progress? LEAVE.

This isn't progress you dumbass and our military was never behind any military in this world, we were always better and far more ahead and advanced that every military in this world. The world's most powerful military didn't need DADT repealed to be the best, that shows what you really thought about us.

Indeed it does, that I thought our military is good enough to repeal such a flawed, bigoted ban, grow with us.

The US military has been the best with DADT can you name one military in the world who was better?

The US military has been the best with DADT can you name one military in the world who was better?

In regards to openness, tolerance, etc? Yea, ISRAEL, like I said.

This will not really negatively effect our military.

BS, what about the Africans who are against homosexuality as well as the rejection of homosexuality by African Americans?

All my black friends got no problem with me, and the majority of my friends are black.....so are the majority of my x's and other sexual conquests.

I'm not saying all black people approve of homosexuality, I'm just saying usually the hateful people who say things about gays, usually don't think too much of black people either. Same thing with the people who despise Hispanics, they don't like black people either they may just hate Hispanics anymore.

I'm not saying all black people approve of homosexuality, I'm just saying usually the hateful people who say things about gays, usually don't think too much of black people either. Same thing with the people who despise Hispanics, they don't like black people either they may just hate Hispanics anymore.

This obviously doesn't follow, the majority of all people within their "race" are against homosexuality. I seriously reject homosexuality just like most African Americans do yet it doesn't logically follow that I hate gays and blacks.

All my black friends got no problem with me, and the majority of my friends are black.....so are the majority of my x's and other sexual conquests.

Your black equally GAY friends, don't banter me with unprovable hearsay.

In regards to openness, tolerance, etc? Yea, ISRAEL, like I said.

This will not really negatively effect our military.

Israel, the same Israel who's military continually butchers Palestinians and can't win a war without aid from the West? Shut your face idiot.

Forum List

Back