CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flamer zone is just the bully pulpit of this forum. Nothing good comes from out of there. It's more of a liability than anything else really.

If nothing good comes from the Flame Zone, why does it attract posters?

I just look at the types of posters it attracts. MOST of the forum does not post there.

Maybe the good is for the types of posters it attracts.

Maybe I don’t like those who inhabit the Race Relations forum. I don’t go there. I don’t post there anymore. I don’t comment on that neighborhood’s general lack of upkeep and civility. I also don’t cry about the Race Relations forum being bad for everyone.

So, if you say that bullies should be ignored, and I am a bully and Sonny Clark is a bully and all the other people who are trashed in the flamer zone are the TRUE BULLIES, then you shouldn't be talking about these people at all according to your own logic. So then, other than messing with one another, you have no reason to bring up other people in your threads.

The flamer zone is just the bully pulpit of this forum. Nothing good comes from out of there. It's more of a liability than anything else really.

I just look at the types of posters it attracts. MOST of the forum does not post there.

Maybe I don’t like those who inhabit the Race Relations forum. I don’t go there. I don’t post there anymore. I don’t comment on that neighborhood’s general lack of upkeep and civility. I also don’t cry about the Race Relations forum being bad for everyone.

Yes, all the bestest and brightest posters are posting in the flamer zone. :D It isn't the flamer zone, it is the academic zone. Ha ha!

What do you think the definition of "flaming" is anyways? :) Why do you think it's called the "FLAME ZONE"?

I can’t believe you didn’t read the 5 or 6 posts of mine that answered that question.

Well, direct me to your post. There are over 600 posts on this thread!

It’s easier to just repeat myself.

I tell the person if they crossed the line, and ask/tell them to stop. I explained why what they said caused me pain. And then I avoided interaction with the person. That’s in the case of true bullying. If someone continued (no one has), I would leave. My life is not so wrapped up in this board that I couldn’t leave it rather than be hurt on a daily basis.

Is that letting the bullies “win”? Maybe. I consider it taking care of me first.

So? You don't know what is going on in any other poster's (like Sonny Clark's) life.

I cannot know except what they tell me. And even that may not be the truth. However, I take them at face value.

Also I’m not responsible for what’s going on in someone else’s life.

But you make assumptions about others. Just because another person approaches a situation in a different manner than do you doesn't mean they are wrapped up in anything but defending themselves and their reputations.

What reputations?

This is anonymous. If a person on here isn’t anonymous, that’s their own problem.

This is not like air, food, and water. Nobody needs this to live.

Here you go. Just don't bully other people. If you don't bully other people, then you aren't one of the bullies that I am referring to and you have nothing to worry about. So, what are you arguing about?

Yes, all the bestest and brightest posters are posting in the flamer zone. :D It isn't the flamer zone, it is the academic zone. Ha ha!

Isn’t this a little snarky by CDZ standards?

Well, direct me to your post. There are over 600 posts on this thread!

I tell the person if they crossed the line, and ask/tell them to stop. I explained why what they said caused me pain. And then I avoided interaction with the person. That’s in the case of true bullying. If someone continued (no one has), I would leave. My life is not so wrapped up in this board that I couldn’t leave it rather than be hurt on a daily basis.

Is that letting the bullies “win”? Maybe. I consider it taking care of me first.

So? You don't know what is going on in any other poster's (like Sonny Clark's) life.

I cannot know except what they tell me. And even that may not be the truth. However, I take them at face value.

But you make assumptions about others. Just because another person approaches a situation in a different manner than do you doesn't mean they are wrapped up in anything but defending themselves and their reputations.

What reputations?

This is anonymous. If a person on here isn’t anonymous, that’s their own problem.

What exactly are you arguing about? Some people use their real pictures, which means they are not really anonymous.

What do you think the definition of "flaming" is anyways? :) Why do you think it's called the "FLAME ZONE"?

Flames are insults.

Not all insults are bullying.

Look, I really started this thread to talk to the normal people about bullying. Not the flamer zone denizens. If I wanted to talk to them, I would be in the flamer zone. So I came here to get away from you people and to talk to some people who actually have their heads on straight and their shit together. :) No offense, but your reactions, your excuses, and your justifications are really not at all surprising.

I guess this gives you some feeling of "control" over others or something. Whatever floats your boat. Continue on with your ways. *shrugs*
Hypocrite much?

This is the CDZ. Not the flame zone. Stop trying to ruin my thread please.
You did that yourself sixty pages ago.

Oh, you don't like to talk about cyberbullying? Then don't participate in this thread. Problem solved for you. Buh bye now!
There you go bullying someone again..Tsk, tsk..

How so? Is it a fact (as you seem to think) or is it snarky? Perceptions again. :D

Look, I really started this thread to talk to the normal people about bullying. Not the flamer zone denizens. If I wanted to talk to them, I would be in the flamer zone. So I came here to get away from you people and to talk to some people who actually have their heads on straight and their shit together. :) No offense, but your reactions, your excuses, and your justifications are really not at all surprising.

I guess this gives you some feeling of "control" over others or something. Whatever floats your boat. Continue on with your ways. *shrugs*
Hypocrite much?

This is the CDZ. Not the flame zone. Stop trying to ruin my thread please.
You did that yourself sixty pages ago.

Oh, you don't like to talk about cyberbullying? Then don't participate in this thread. Problem solved for you. Buh bye now!
There you go bullying someone again..Tsk, tsk..

Well, you probably don't know the definition of bullying, but I won't bully you over it. I would prefer to pretend that you aren't here at all actually.

How so? Is it a fact (as you seem to think) or is it snarky? Perceptions again. :D
Some adjust, others sublimate.

What reputations?

What exactly are you arguing about? Some people use their real pictures, which means they are not really anonymous.

That’s stupid, in my opinion.

I’m arguing that if you’re concerned about bullying, especially spilling over into real life, then take steps to protect yourself. If it’s too late, then you don’t need to be here. Losing a messageboard doesn’t deprive you of the right to life.

So, my perception is that I am the one being bullied when 5, 6 or 7 people pile on me in the flamer zone. Obviously some other people think I'm the one bullying these people who pretty much reside in the flamer zone. Lol. Okay, maybe that is so according to your perception. So then, just ignore me. Don't reply to my posts or my threads. Don't bring me up in the flamer zone anymore.

Deal?

What reputations?

I’m arguing that if you’re concerned about bullying, especially spilling over into real life, then take steps to protect yourself. If it’s too late, then you don’t need to be here. Losing a messageboard doesn’t deprive you of the right to life.

So I should leave because I am bullied and/or character assassinated?

What reputations?

Well you can think it's stupid all you want. There are more than a few people who use their real pictures, and if not as their avatar they have posted their real pictures somewhere on the board.

Indeed. I was using your own standards, like back several pages when I called you very flexible, and admitted my own lack of physical flexibility. You told me to leave the Flame Zone stuff out of here.

But you are trashing the intelligence of a whole forum of people. In the CDZ.

What reputations?

So I should leave because I am bullied and/or character assassinated?

If it’s bothering you that badly, yes.

Do you want it to end, or do you want to be declared the winner of something? Because maybe you can’t have both.

Indeed. I was using your own standards, like back several pages when I called you very flexible, and admitted my own lack of physical flexibility. You told me to leave the Flame Zone stuff out of here.

But you are trashing the intelligence of a whole forum of people. In the CDZ.

Hey, the solution is simple here. If you aren't a bully, then don't bully people. Don't bring them down into the flamer zone by tagging them, quoting them or talking about them. Just ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back