CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot know except what they tell me. And even that may not be the truth. However, I take them at face value.

Also I’m not responsible for what’s going on in someone else’s life.

But you make assumptions about others. Just because another person approaches a situation in a different manner than do you doesn't mean they are wrapped up in anything but defending themselves and their reputations.

What reputations?

This is anonymous. If a person on here isn’t anonymous, that’s their own problem.

This is not like air, food, and water. Nobody needs this to live.

What exactly are you arguing about? Some people use their real pictures, which means they are not really anonymous.

That’s stupid, in my opinion.

I’m arguing that if you’re concerned about bullying, especially spilling over into real life, then take steps to protect yourself. If it’s too late, then you don’t need to be here. Losing a messageboard doesn’t deprive you of the right to life.

Well you can think it's stupid all you want. There are more than a few people who use their real pictures, and if not as their avatar they have posted their real pictures somewhere on the board.

Ok. I’m not responsible for them.

But you make assumptions about others. Just because another person approaches a situation in a different manner than do you doesn't mean they are wrapped up in anything but defending themselves and their reputations.

What reputations?

This is anonymous. If a person on here isn’t anonymous, that’s their own problem.

What exactly are you arguing about? Some people use their real pictures, which means they are not really anonymous.

I’m arguing that if you’re concerned about bullying, especially spilling over into real life, then take steps to protect yourself. If it’s too late, then you don’t need to be here. Losing a messageboard doesn’t deprive you of the right to life.

So I should leave because I am bullied and/or character assassinated?

If it’s bothering you that badly, yes.

Do you want it to end, or do you want to be declared the winner of something? Because maybe you can’t have both.

Why not? I think I've already won. Your arguments are pretty sad and do nothing to address the problems of bullying.

What reputations?

Well you can think it's stupid all you want. There are more than a few people who use their real pictures, and if not as their avatar they have posted their real pictures somewhere on the board.

Okay, and that invalidates your point about everyone being anonymous.

Maybe the good is for the types of posters it attracts.

Maybe I don’t like those who inhabit the Race Relations forum. I don’t go there. I don’t post there anymore. I don’t comment on that neighborhood’s general lack of upkeep and civility. I also don’t cry about the Race Relations forum being bad for everyone.

Yes, all the bestest and brightest posters are posting in the flamer zone. :D It isn't the flamer zone, it is the academic zone. Ha ha!

Isn’t this a little snarky by CDZ standards?

How so? Is it a fact (as you seem to think) or is it snarky? Perceptions again. :D

Indeed. I was using your own standards, like back several pages when I called you very flexible, and admitted my own lack of physical flexibility. You told me to leave the Flame Zone stuff out of here.

But you are trashing the intelligence of a whole forum of people. In the CDZ.

Hey, the solution is simple here. If you aren't a bully, then don't bully people. Don't bring them down into the flamer zone by tagging them, quoting them or talking about them. Just ignore them.

I don’t. I can’t help if I quote something of yours that was part of a multi-quote. Otherwise, I don’t.

What reputations?

Do you want it to end, or do you want to be declared the winner of something? Because maybe you can’t have both.

Why not? I think I've already won. Your arguments are pretty sad and do nothing to address the problems of bullying.

That’s great. If you’ve won, take solace in that.

Now, will this alleged bullying stop?

Let me ask you, why are you here in this thread?

Okay, and that invalidates your point about everyone being anonymous.

Most people here are anonymous.

And honestly, I have no idea if those who use their real names and photos are really doing so. No one’s checking IDs at the door.

It doesn't really matter what you feel you know or don't know. That is completely irrelevant to anything posted in this thread.

Now, let's get back on topic about the problems with cyberbullying by adults.

Yes, all the bestest and brightest posters are posting in the flamer zone. :D It isn't the flamer zone, it is the academic zone. Ha ha!

Isn’t this a little snarky by CDZ standards?

How so? Is it a fact (as you seem to think) or is it snarky? Perceptions again. :D

Indeed. I was using your own standards, like back several pages when I called you very flexible, and admitted my own lack of physical flexibility. You told me to leave the Flame Zone stuff out of here.

But you are trashing the intelligence of a whole forum of people. In the CDZ.

Hey, the solution is simple here. If you aren't a bully, then don't bully people. Don't bring them down into the flamer zone by tagging them, quoting them or talking about them. Just ignore them.

I don’t. I can’t help if I quote something of yours that was part of a multi-quote. Otherwise, I don’t.

Oh my god. Whatever. Look, do you have anything substantial to add to this thread topic?

Btw, a word about teaching. I am lucky that I teach very young children with incredibly short attention spans (and consequently, reduced grudge-holding capabilities). When they come and tattle on a kid two or three times in a row, about little things, I model for them how to stand up for themselves effectively. And then I watch.

I tell them that if someone is really bothering them, they can tell the other child that they are moving away because their feelings are being hurt. If the original child delivers that message, and really walks away, and the other child follows, then I jump right on it to discipline the other child. If the first child tells their message and then sits there to argue, then that’s a fight and I step in and tell them both they have to separate for a while, because they are both responsible.

Chris L doesn’t want someone like me to teach children. So be it. I do.

To argue.

Btw, a word about teaching. I am lucky that I teach very young children with incredibly short attention spans (and consequently, reduced grudge-holding capabilities). When they come and tattle on a kid two or three times in a row, about little things, I model for them how to stand up for themselves effectively. And then I watch.

I tell them that if someone is really bothering them, they can tell the other child that they are moving away because their feelings are being hurt. If the original child delivers that message, and really walks away, and the other child follows, then I jump right on it to discipline the other child. If the first child tells their message and then sits there to argue, then that’s a fight and I step in and tell them both they have to separate for a while, because they are both responsible.

Oh well, we don't really even know if you are a teacher since you are anonymous, so again this is completely irrelevant.

To argue.

To argue about what?

Oh well, we don't really even know if you are a teacher since you are anonymous, so again this is completely irrelevant.

That’s true. And I don’t really feel the need to prove myself.

You did seem to believe I should be held to a higher standard regarding message board behavior. Do you hold people who lie about being teachers to a higher standard as well?

Last edited:

To argue.

To argue about what?

That this thread is not truly about bullying, but a canard to continue a personal spat.

That’s true. And I don’t really feel there need to prove myself.

You did seem to believe I should be held to a higher standard regarding message board behavior. Do you hold people who lie about being teachers to a higher standard as well?

Look lady, I don't know anything about you and I don't care to. Yes, I hold teachers to a higher standard of behavior. Most people do because they are "teachers." If you claim you are a teacher, you should not be encouraging or participating in adult bullying behaviors. That is not a comment to you specifically. K? Now, I have important things to attend to.

Look lady, I don't know anything about you and I don't care to. Yes, I hold teachers to a higher standard of behavior. Most people do because they are "teachers." If you claim you are a teacher, you should not be encouraging or participating in adult bullying behaviors. That is not a comment to you specifically. K? Now, I have important things to attend to.

Like getting the last word?

So, my perception is that I am the one being bullied when 5, 6 or 7 people pile on me in the flamer zone. Obviously some other people think I'm the one bullying these people who pretty much reside in the flamer zone. Lol. Okay, maybe that is so according to your perception. So then, just ignore me. Don't reply to my posts or my threads. Don't bring me up in the flamer zone anymore.

Deal?
I have a suggestion, ChrisL. If you don't want anyone who disagrees replying to your threads (which you call bullying), you should try the new Invitation Only threads in Debate Now. You can invite only people who agree with you. That should make you happy, but I somehow think it wouldn't.

As for bringing up your name in the FZ? Who do you think you are--She Who Shall Not Be Named? This is not North Korea, Chris. I'll talk about who I like where I like. If there are "friends" of yours rushing upstairs to "inform" if someone has uttered your name in vain....and they know it upsets you....I would not consider them all that great friends. Just me, but that's how I would see it.

Like getting the last word?
Reapplying makeup every hour to cover age spots and wrinkles.

Please keep your flamer zone bullying out of this sacred space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back