CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were USMB and the mods I wouldn't be taking that risk based upon your opinion. I think I'd want a lawyer who had really deeppockets put that in writing so I could sue him for malpractice if he were wrong.

Several lawyers have posted in the FZ in the past. Some were very active participants. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. When they got tired of the place, they just left.

I couldn't care less either way. I think a bigger problem is the behaviors are bleeding upstairs. If the mods don't mind it, neither do I. I can handle them.
Dude, the problems are way worse upstairs.
If only this weren't the CDZ, I could prove it.
The CDZ is a little less nasty, but I don't really see much of a difference between the Flame Zone and the rest of the board.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

I don't mind it personally. That's life. Words are far better than persecution or violence. I don't get too angry at people, but I speak my mind and I don't back down to bullies.

Verbal abuses happen to me often on twitter, especially by Canadians. I've been called a traitor a c sucker and many other offensive/strong words. I'm sure some of them are Canadian covert agents who hate that I have exposed Canada in a way they never thought I would and I'm sure they have tried to get ahead of this for awhile, that's what liars do.

As someone told me, "no country goes this hard against someone unless they have some real deep secrets to hide", indeed. So I suck it up and in some ways I enjoy it. Builds character!

Well, I'm more speaking of the psyche of the bullier. Perhaps I should have been more clear in my OP. What do you think causes people to just go around bullying whomever for whatever reason? Why do you think they are so happy and thrilled to try to make another person feel terrible?

Because that's what they do. They have no other argument other than just vague concepts of how they think the world should be. And they turn a blind eye to the unintended negative consequences, injustices, and failure of many things they think they want. And they justify the downright bullying tactics that they use. They have absolutely no plan for accomplishing how they want things to be. All they have are insults and hateful speech/action against those who see it differently or want something different than what they want.

I have seen it again and again. Whatever the subject, if it is not politically correct in their eyes, the same suspects flood into a thread almost in unison to condemn, belittle, insult, and smear the concept and/or the person who dares start a politically incorrect thread or wishes to discuss it. It is like they have some kind of signal so they can move and operate like a cyber mob to flood the thread with comments to ensure that no coherent discussion can be had.

Such cyber-bullying is frustrating but I think most adults aren't the least bit intimidated by it. My personal policy is to 'Not feed the trolls, argue with idiots, and/or engage in other exercises in futility" but I can't use that any more after been scolded for using it on one board to explain why I wouldn't be continuing a discussion with somebody. Fortunately here at U.S.M.B. it's okay. :)

The cruel, hateful, damaging cyber bullying though are by the dishonest on Facebook, Twitter, message boards, etc. who bear false witness against somebody in hateful, damaging ways. I won't condemn such people to hell, but I hope there is a special place there for the truly despicable people who engage in that kind of thing.

Last edited:
By being here, Sonny claims competence with dealing with that forum. If he isn’t, he should have caretakers that monitor his interactions.

As much as I don't approve of his behavior, I'll give Sonny this - he's a tough old guy. He isn't a snowflake. And he doesn't appear to have "obvious issues" like Gracie believes that may one day lead to him offing himself.

Have you ever, just once, considered Sonny doesn't have a full deck any more? Once, he may have...but maybe not so much now?

I, for one, do think that Sonny Clark is playing with a full deck.

What do you think, Sonny?
You're correct. I haven't crossed over to the other end of the spectrum just yet, thank GOD.

( although I have to admit that my mind is not as fast, nor as sharp, as it once was. but, I certainly haven't lost my edge, nor my ability to reason and exercise good judgment. in addition, my memory is not as good as it once was. Now, all things considered, mentally, I'm fine. )

In my opinion, the assumptions that I'm not mentally sound, are due primarily to the tremendous amount of "Sonny Hate" exhibited on a daily basis. But usually, when someone calls obvious bullshit, bullshit, they're automatically labeled as insane, crazy, mentally disturbed, a lunatic, and worse, by the very ones expressing the bullshit.

Questions?

I couldn't care less either way. I think a bigger problem is the behaviors are bleeding upstairs. If the mods don't mind it, neither do I. I can handle them.
The CDZ is a little less nasty, but I don't really see much of a difference between the Flame Zone and the rest of the board.
The only difference is, the Flame Zone can be a lot funnier.

By being here, Sonny claims competence with dealing with that forum. If he isn’t, he should have caretakers that monitor his interactions.

As much as I don't approve of his behavior, I'll give Sonny this - he's a tough old guy. He isn't a snowflake. And he doesn't appear to have "obvious issues" like Gracie believes that may one day lead to him offing himself.
FYI - My behavior here on USMB is provoked and dictated by what I read. Yes, I agree, my behavior sometimes is way less than desirable, by any standards. I'm not proud of it, and at times, I'm ashamed of myself for allowing human garbage to cause me to speak totally out of character. ( an obvious weakness on my part )

The truth is, I'm really a very easy going person, friendly, and respectful. I don't like conflict, hard feelings, nor do I like being forced to defend myself and my family constantly here on the internet. I love people, love to make friends, love to talk, love good conversation and civil debate, and love life. I would NEVER "OFF" myself, NEVER. I'm thankful for each day that I'm blessed with. I'm a very lucky and fortunate man.

Again, the "Sonny Hate" is strong here, obviously.

I made a judgement based upon observations over the course of a year. I had my doubts and reserved judgement until I had seen enough to convince me. So yes, it is an assumption.

You make that observation but you don't understand the dynamics of what has happened in the past.

If STAB (RIP) and pillars were still here, you would assume that they were part of this "clique" because both of them would go after Sonny. But in fact, both STAB and pillars went after each other hard for years, including on multiple sites, and did so almost up until STAB was perma-pinked.

There is no clique. There is a group of people who have over the years either developed a respect for each other or have not. Most of the people who you think are outside "the clique" are posters who most of the rest don't respect.

It's pretty easy to gain respect in the FZ - be funny and don't be a cünt. Also, don't be ropey.

What does a bullying victim want?

Does the victim of bullying want it to just end, or do they want to stand on the bully’s neck and be the “winner”?

If it’s the first, they are probably being bullied. If it’s the latter, they are just fighting.

So, is that what you guys are doing to Sonny Clark then? Trying to win against him or something? You keep saying these things but you don't apply them to yourselves.
Sonny clark bullies bones...obsessively... and stabs folks in the back. he did so to me, personally....and ive sent the guy gifts and such in the past. He Defends racists, defends real life harrassment....you dont know the half of what youre talking about, chris. sonny clark is not a teenaged suicidally depressed child. Hes a guy that tells a 65yr old woman in her thread about having beat cancer to shove a cactus up her twat and rotate on it you attention whore bitch.

thats sonny. the innocent victim, no doubt
Lies
Lies
Lies
Lies
Lies

Liar
Liar
Liar
Liar
Liar

Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit

Stop trying to bring the flamer zone into the clean debate zone. Is it so difficult for you to follow the rules? Is there something the matter with you that you aren't sharing? Perhaps you should have somebody monitoring you.

This is the Clean Debate Zone.

You are denigrating rice.

We wouldn't want you to get banned from your own thread, would we?

That's because you approve of them and like their posts. You are part of the sad clique of over-50-year-old bullies!

There it is.

Chris starting something unprompted by insulting rice's age. In her own thread in the CDZ nonetheless.

It's always someone else's fault.

Chris never bullies anyone.

What exactly are you arguing about? Some people use their real pictures, which means they are not really anonymous.

That’s stupid, in my opinion.

I’m arguing that if you’re concerned about bullying, especially spilling over into real life, then take steps to protect yourself. If it’s too late, then you don’t need to be here. Losing a messageboard doesn’t deprive you of the right to life.

So I should leave because I am bullied and/or character assassinated?

If it’s bothering you that badly, yes.

Do you want it to end, or do you want to be declared the winner of something? Because maybe you can’t have both.

Why not? I think I've already won. Your arguments are pretty sad and do nothing to address the problems of bullying.

That’s great. If you’ve won, take solace in that.

Now, will this alleged bullying stop?

Maybe now that Chris has won, she will stop being a bully.

The only difference is, the Flame Zone can be a lot funnier.

Somebody should tell Ding. I don't think he knows that. He would have come up with at least 1 funny thing by now if he did.

This thread has hit the skids. Its like high school or grammar school. Someone wants to talk about bullying and they are victim shamed by the bullies who take over the class and are now tripping and using spit balls to those who joined in the discussion due to being victims themselves or have seen it happen and thought it a good discussion for "enlightenment" on why it happens or how to stop it.

It was a good discussion, Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back