Curt Schilling says the haters kept him out of the HOF because he's republican

Curt Schlling Hall of Fame Politics argument falls short - John Smoltz is Republican too masslive.com

John Smoltz is a Democrat? That must be news to John Smoltz.
In 2006 Smoltz publicly campaigned for Ralph Reed. Reed was in the republican primary for the office of Georgia Lieutenant Governor.
If Reed's name sounds familiar it is because he was the original executive director of The Christian Coalition, a family-values based conservative political action group that was formed in the 1990's. A public endorsement of Reed would be a very odd thing for a Democrat (or even a moderate Republican) to do.
Reed isn't the only Republican that Smoltz has endorsed.
That same election cycle, Smoltz publicly endorsed Republican Karen Handel, who was running to be Georgia's Secretary of State.

Braves were never "Americas" team and while they had a nice run they are also biggest postseason underachievers for the amount of talent they had. .

Braves were never "Americas" team and while they had a nice run they are also biggest postseason underachievers for the amount of talent they had. .

Hard to believe a pitching staff with three first ballot Hall of Famers only won one championship

Curt Schlling Hall of Fame Politics argument falls short - John Smoltz is Republican too masslive.com

In 2006 Smoltz publicly campaigned for Ralph Reed. Reed was in the republican primary for the office of Georgia Lieutenant Governor.
If Reed's name sounds familiar it is because he was the original executive director of The Christian Coalition, a family-values based conservative political action group that was formed in the 1990's. A public endorsement of Reed would be a very odd thing for a Democrat (or even a moderate Republican) to do.
That same election cycle, Smoltz publicly endorsed Republican Karen Handel, who was running to be Georgia's Secretary of State.

Hey einstein. Know what a rino is?. Smoltz is as conservative as jeb bush. THINK

Hey einstein. Know what a rino is?. Smoltz is as conservative as jeb bush. THINK
Director of the Christian Coalition is now a RINO?

Bags will not make it except by Veterans Committee. He does not have the longevity or the super stats. His great year was truly great. But he was no Frank Thomas.

Longevity? You mean like kiner or koufax? Bags had a decently long career and he had a bunch of great seasons, 1994 being sensational. He's one of the top 50 players of all time and should not need the VC to make the hall. Was the Big Hurt better? If so just slightly.

You clearly don't understand baseball.

As you said earlier, though, one is a pitcher and one is a position player.

shooters, stop it, please. You don't understand politics and you have little clue about baseball.

Btw I can't help but note that Kurt is the typical republican... a broke ass rube in debt out of his asshole and blaming everyone else for his problems. :rofl:

:lol:

Mr. Schilling, a novice in the gaming field, was wowing other local politicians with his outsize presence and his grand ambitions to build a Microsoft-like behemoth. And soon Rhode Island’s lawmakers were rushing to approve a deal to make the state Mr. Schilling’s angel investor. The tiny, struggling state issued $75 million in bonds so that Mr. Schilling’s company, called 38 Studios, could relocate to Providence and unleash the world’s next killer fantasy game. Ideas that seem plausible in our darkest moments often seem plainly flawed in hindsight, and you can probably see where all this is going. A little more than two years after Mr. Carcieri first talked to Mr. Schilling about 38 Studios — so named for his baseball uniform number — the company went bankrupt, blowing a sizable hole in the state’s already strained finances.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/b...e-fall-of-38-studios.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I did address the issue, where you did not.

You do not understand baseball, its history, or its mystic to American.

Baggy is just below, justifiably, the cut.

The GLARING difference is Schilling is a very outspoken conservative at the national level while Smoltz is very quietly grassroots. I would doubt if but maybe one or two voters even bothered to look into Smoltz's political activities.

The GLARING difference is Schilling is a very outspoken conservative at the national level while Smoltz is very quietly grassroots. I would doubt if but maybe one or two voters even bothered to look into Smoltz's political activities.

Would not matter to any voter, I think.

I doubt if anyone gave a shit
What makes you think sports writers are liberal?

We have two notoroious agenda driven 'doubters' who have not offered any reasonable explanations for why a guy with slightly better numbers and accolades would get 39 percent of the vote in his third year of eligibility while the other guy would get induction with 82 percent of the vote in his first year of eligibility.

So, with regards to your guys's doubts, I'll paraphrase Clark Gable__ Frankly bitches, I don't give a damn!

It's true that smoltz and schilling had near identical career records and smoltz easily made it into the HOF yesterday while schilling didn't come close for the third straight year.
Curt Schilling says being a Republican cost him Hall of Fame votes - The Washington Post
jan 7 2015
Tuesday wasn’t Curt Schilling’s day to be elected to baseball’s Hall of Fame and the Boston Red Sox former great believes his politics are one reason he fell short of the necessary number of votes.
Schilling’s former teammate, Pedro Martinez, was elected, along with Randy Johnson, John Smoltz and Craig Biggio. Although he and Smoltz have similar stats, Schilling fell 240 votes short.
Schilling was an ardent supporter of former President George W. Bush and believes his politics cost him about 100 votes. He needs 75 percent of the votes from members of the Baseball Writers Association of America and he received 39.2 percent, a 10 percent increase from last year.
“When human beings do something, anything, there’s bias and prejudice,” Schilling said. “Listen, nine percent of the voters did not vote for Pedro. There’s something wrong with the process and some of the people in the process when that happens. I don’t think that it kept me out or anything like that, but I do know there are guys who probably will never vote for me because of the things I said or did. That’s the way it works.”
Republicans (teaper faction) are starting to sound like nigg3rs with their excuses and finger pointing. Always trying to blame someone else for their failures and lack of achievment. It is a shame the teapers are now perverting sports with this victimization.

Yea, that's not an explanation, let alone a reasonable explanation. You got nothing as usual.
You are suffering confirmation bias, which means you are a homer. I do understand. I am that way about the LAD Dodgers since, this summer 56 years ago, I watched Koufax strike out 18 Giants, rookie Willie McCovey hit a home run 450 feet to dead center, and Wally Moon win it with a 3-run home in the bottom of the 9th. I don't agree with you about Schilling or Smoltz, but who cares?

Yea, that's not an explanation, let alone a reasonable explanation. You got nothing as usual.
You are suffering confirmation bias, which means you are a homer. I do understand. I am that way about the LAD Dodgers since, this summer 56 years ago, I watched Koufax strike out 18 Giants, rookie Willie McCovey hit a home run 450 feet to dead center, and Wally Moon win it with a 3-run home in the bottom of the 9th. I don't agree with you about Schilling or Smoltz, but who cares?

You're deflection about an alleged bias does not substitute for a reason. The numbers don't lie. Schilling and Smoltz are virtually the same player. The only biases you should be discussing is that of the voters. But instead, you'd rather be your phony ole self.

Forum List

Back