Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz, Craig Biggio elected to HOF

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Johnson Martinez Smoltz Biggio elected to Hall of Fame

Great class...but who left Randy Johnson off the ballot?

A trio of dominant pitchers – Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz – and 3,000-hit second baseman Craig Biggio will comprise baseball's first four-man Hall of Fame class in 60 years.
In results announced Tuesday by the Baseball Writers' Association of America, the pitchers were all landslide choices in their first year on the ballot -- Johnson earning a near-record 97.3% -- and Biggio got in after falling two votes short a year ago.
It's the first time BBWAA voters have selected this many players since 1955, when Joe DiMaggio, Dazzy Vance, Ted Lyons and Gabby Hartnett got in.

Pedro Martinez was a six sigma outlier. He was a sub 2 ERA pitcher when a "good pitcher" would average an ERA of 4-5 and in an era of juiced players and hyperactive baseballs designed to fly off the bat

Signed, Lifelong Yankee fan

Pedro Martinez was a six sigma outlier. He was a sub 2 ERA pitcher when a "good pitcher" would average an ERA of 4-5 and in an era of juiced players and hyperactive baseballs designed to fly off the bat

Signed, Lifelong Yankee fan

For a period of about four years, Pedro was one of the best pitchers I ever saw

Ridiculous that Curt Shilling's sock is in the hall, but he didn't make it.

I think Schilling should, be included.

From what I heard writers that don't even cover baseball get to vote. The system is a sham and needs to be fixed.

Forum List

Back