Cursed case and a half processor

I tried Win 10 but it is not my favorite. So I decided to install Windows 8.1, instead. A secure erase of the SSD is a good idea before installing. But my Parted Magic won´t boot with my new board. Finally, it would boot using "failsave mode" but it might require several attempts to boot. Good thing I thought but when I tried to start the work, I realized that neither mouse nor keyboard works. Great! I restarted with a PS/2 mouse and that one worked. A secure erase requires to "unfreeze" the SSD which in turn requires to put the system to sleep mode and wake it up afterwards. Of course, it would not turn into sleep mode! I figured out there is an alternate method which requires to unplug the SSD´s power cable while running, wait 30 secs and plug it again and wait 30 sec. That finally worked. Heck, that´s incredible!
Sounds like you're trying to create Frankencomputer...........

Just got it to work. I guess I have to get a new version of PM.

I tried Win 10 but it is not my favorite. So I decided to install Windows 8.1, instead. A secure erase of the SSD is a good idea before installing. But my Parted Magic won´t boot with my new board. Finally, it would boot using "failsave mode" but it might require several attempts to boot. Good thing I thought but when I tried to start the work, I realized that neither mouse nor keyboard works. Great! I restarted with a PS/2 mouse and that one worked. A secure erase requires to "unfreeze" the SSD which in turn requires to put the system to sleep mode and wake it up afterwards. Of course, it would not turn into sleep mode! I figured out there is an alternate method which requires to unplug the SSD´s power cable while running, wait 30 secs and plug it again and wait 30 sec. That finally worked. Heck, that´s incredible!

Premenstrual?

Premenstrual?

Sure.

Premenstrual?

Sure.

Post Menopausal?

Premenstrual?

Sure.

Post Menopausal?

Still Parted Magic.

PM in Geekanese is Personal or Private Message...........
What about the context?
Even with your "context" I'm still not a mind reader besides I don't Use Parted Magic so why would I automatically make that association?
Because you directly replied to my post about Parted Magic?

Post Menopausal?
Still Parted Magic.
What about the context?
Even with your "context" I'm still not a mind reader besides I don't Use Parted Magic so why would I automatically make that association?
You posted "PM", again how am I supposed to make that association?

Still Parted Magic.
What about the context?
You do read the posts you reply to, do you?

463nrg5x.jpg

What about the context?
You do read the posts you reply to, do you?

463nrg5x.jpg
Again you're making an assumption that I think like you and will make the association between PM and Parted Magic, typical human behavior, "I mentioned it once, why don't you remember"? I just didn't make the association, life's a bitch, deal with it and move on.

The flaw in the design of the CyberpowerPC I bought my son is it had no large fluid reservoir for cooling..So the AMD graphics card failed..I bought an Intel processor one but added more fan circulation, and it works fine now..Don;t forget to use the PIE formula when calculating power wattage of use and actual use or bleeding that occurs..W=AxV

The flaw in the design of the CyberpowerPC I bought my son is it had no large fluid reservoir for cooling..So the AMD graphics card failed..I bought an Intel processor one but added more fan circulation, and it works fine now..Don;t forget to use the PIE formula when calculating power wattage of use and actual use or bleeding that occurs..W=AxV
I guess it will be the Corsair TX 650M power supply. It delivers up to 612 watts (51 A) on the 12 V line. Nothing can go wrong with it.

If it ain't a 2 terabyte it ain't shit...
It is a 3 terabyte :)
Then it's the bomb..But you stated earlier it was a gigabyte..
The name of the company that made the motherboard.
Ok, I see..The last one I bought off of Jet was an Asus..$188.00 dollars with free shipping..
My last really expensive one was the Asus M2R32-MVP (190€, I got it for 120€) for the AMD AM2+ socket. A lightning fast ATI Xpress 3200 chipset. The board ranged one in most categories against even more expensive boards. Mad Asus didn´t deliver support for Phenom II, even a 40 € Foxconn got it!
The one I have now is certainly not a cheap one but not that expensive.

Forum List

Back