What security do you use for your computer?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I have had Mcafee and Sophos before. I am actually trying PC Matic for a 30 day trial. Anyone else use that? Which one you think works the best?

Avast and Malwarebytes. Have used Avast since 2004 and had only one minor incident.

I use the Smith & Wesson thirty ought six bolt action rifle. It's gives me all the protection I need and more!

Avast mateys!

None of the "FREE" anti-virus packages are going to do you much good.
The free versions do not provide the full virus database protections.
They will detect "some" viruses...mainly ones that are a bit older.

For windows, the Widows Defender is about as good as you can get for "free".
Learning how to use a good firewall and avoiding malicious web sites is your first line of defense.
If you have kids in the house....Fuggedaboudit......you are GOING TO GET VIRUSES AND MALWARE PERIOD.

If I had kids in my household I would have a completely separate physical network for the kids.

Last edited:
I have had Mcafee and Sophos before. I am actually trying PC Matic for a 30 day trial. Anyone else use that? Which one you think works the best?
Let me just say you're a severely gullible idiot if you even allow PC Matic anywhere near your computer. An extremely high rate of false positives and you'd be crazy to let their product "optimize" your computer, you will lose stuff you want to keep and it will occasionally block legit programs (false positives).

Last edited:
I subscribe to Norton. That with my Chrome and ABP software I don't worry much about viruses. Makes it tough to install pirated software though.

I subscribe to Norton. That with my Chrome and ABP software I don't worry much about viruses. Makes it tough to install pirated software though.
Ya know, if you removed Norton and used Avast, Comodo or almost any one of the "lightweight" AVs your computer would run much faster. Much, much faster........... with the same or better protection. Norton, like McAFee is a resource hog and slows your computer waaaaaay down.

Now all we need is for Iceweasle to pop in and tell us how good his Linux is because he doesn't need an AV.......... :eusa_whistle:

Here's what you need to know (and what you need purge your system of PC Matic):

Remove PC Matic (Uninstall Guide) - MalwareFixes

Not sure you really need their AdwCleaner as I'm fairly certain Malwarebytes will take care of most of it.

I suggest zone alarm. It was bought out but it works better than Norton who bought Zone Alarm, Zone Alarm has less interuption while you are working. You have more control over the programs you work with and can KILL, or Restrict progrms. The have a firewall you can download and try out. You also get PC Tune up as a perk. Try it you will like it. I also wrote a program that stops any inputs that are hacking or worm type programs.

I suggest zone alarm. It was bought out but it works better than Norton who bought Zone Alarm, Zone Alarm has less interuption while you are working. You have more control over the programs you work with and can KILL, or Restrict progrms. The have a firewall you can download and try out. You also get PC Tune up as a perk. Try it you will like it. I also wrote a program that stops any inputs that are hacking or worm type programs.
Its the firewall that made them famous.

Forum List

Back