Current law and police work catch guys selling illegal guns in Chicago, no new laws needed...

Thanks to Trump...obama lowered the number of federal cases against gun traffickers.......

What does that even mean? Again 'idiot cluse.'

The obama Department of Justice stopped prosecuting gun crimes at the federal level.....so the federal laws that carry longer sentences for gun criminals weren't used, allowing those criminals back on the streets.

Why was that?

They wanted more gun crime on the streets...to push for gun control...it was the U.S. version of Fast and Furious.

What's the real reason? Come on, you can do it....

That is the real reason.....they used Fast and Furious to try to start their gun control push...since it had become a 3rd Rail for democrat politicians.....here, in the states, they pulled back on prosecuting gun crimes at the federal level...again, so that they could use increasing gun crime as a reason to push more gun control laws.

And of course you have no idea what you are talking about with this issue.....the criminal buying the gun....can already be arrested for buying the gun....using current laws and current police work. Selling private property is not a crime.....you want to make it a crime. The anti gun leadership want to use universal background checks to get universal gun registration...they could give a rats ass about criminals getting guns from private sellers....all they want is to get universal background checks so that they can then demand universal gun registration...you can't have universal background checks without registering all guns...other wise you won't know who originally had the gun.

And criminals will still get guns even if you mandated a background check for private sales......these guys...they went to a licensed gun dealer....filled out the paperwork, went through the background check, the gun store kept records of the sale....

And the licensed gun dealer even asked them their names......and they even told the dealer their names....

And they took those legally purchased guns, having gone through all of your hoops....and sold the guns to felons......

Universal background checks will be passed by the same people because they can pass background checks....criminals will use those people to buy their guns and if they want a gun a private seller has, they will use friends and family and other straw buyers who can already pass background checks...making your post silly and pointless....

Who wants people to stop selling private property? I just want to keep people who can't legally buy guns from buying guns. Universal background checks will help with that.
Yeah right. Except when they don't do the check and sell the gun anyway.

That's what they are doing now. There is no requirement to do a check for person to person sales.
That's a typical simple minded response to what gun grabbers like you want. What you ignore, like all gun banners is that it doesn't matter "what they are doing now". They will keep doing that no matter what stupid ass laws you pass. The only solution is to PUNISH CRIMNALS which is what liberals have proven over and over they don't want to do!

So now I'm a gun grabber? Does that mean I have to grab my own guns? It would be easy. I have the key to my gun safe, but what should I do with them after I grab them?
No what it means is that you will say any lie, deflect any point and pretend to any extreme to make your point "appear" to be reasonalbe, when nothing is less true. You want more crime and less non criminals armed.

Who wants people to stop selling private property? I just want to keep people who can't legally buy guns from buying guns. Universal background checks will help with that.

That's what they are doing now. There is no requirement to do a check for person to person sales.
That's a typical simple minded response to what gun grabbers like you want. What you ignore, like all gun banners is that it doesn't matter "what they are doing now". They will keep doing that no matter what stupid ass laws you pass. The only solution is to PUNISH CRIMNALS which is what liberals have proven over and over they don't want to do!

So now I'm a gun grabber? Does that mean I have to grab my own guns? It would be easy. I have the key to my gun safe, but what should I do with them after I grab them?
No what it means is that you will say any lie, deflect any point and pretend to any extreme to make your point "appear" to be reasonalbe, when nothing is less true. You want more crime and less non criminals armed.

Thanks for that information. I wasn't aware that I was willing to do all of that. I guess if the top dick sucker says it, I should at least let him have his say, no matter how goofy that might be.

What does that even mean? Again 'idiot cluse.'

The obama Department of Justice stopped prosecuting gun crimes at the federal level.....so the federal laws that carry longer sentences for gun criminals weren't used, allowing those criminals back on the streets.

Why was that?

They wanted more gun crime on the streets...to push for gun control...it was the U.S. version of Fast and Furious.

That is the real reason.....they used Fast and Furious to try to start their gun control push...since it had become a 3rd Rail for democrat politicians.....here, in the states, they pulled back on prosecuting gun crimes at the federal level...again, so that they could use increasing gun crime as a reason to push more gun control laws.

Due to politicizing it was a 3rd rail for Democrats. But let me remind you that the gun walk program started in 2006 under President George W. Bush.

Yes, those were what is known as straw purchasers. Not the same as individual sellers who can legally sell their guns to anybody without any background check, paperwork, or records of any kind. They aren't even required to ask the purchaser's name.
No such thing as straw purchasers... you need to find a scarier boogie man you stupid motherfucker. Lol

Why was that?

Due to politicizing it was a 3rd rail for Democrats. But let me remind you that the gun walk program started in 2006 under President George W. Bush.

Doesn't matter. Gun nuts aren't too interested in facts.

Yes, those were what is known as straw purchasers. Not the same as individual sellers who can legally sell their guns to anybody without any background check, paperwork, or records of any kind. They aren't even required to ask the purchaser's name.
No such thing as straw purchasers... you need to find a scarier boogie man you stupid motherfucker. Lol

You need to tell the gun nuts here. That's where I got the term.

And of course you have no idea what you are talking about with this issue.....the criminal buying the gun....can already be arrested for buying the gun....using current laws and current police work. Selling private property is not a crime.....you want to make it a crime. The anti gun leadership want to use universal background checks to get universal gun registration...they could give a rats ass about criminals getting guns from private sellers....all they want is to get universal background checks so that they can then demand universal gun registration...you can't have universal background checks without registering all guns...other wise you won't know who originally had the gun.

And criminals will still get guns even if you mandated a background check for private sales......these guys...they went to a licensed gun dealer....filled out the paperwork, went through the background check, the gun store kept records of the sale....

And the licensed gun dealer even asked them their names......and they even told the dealer their names....

And they took those legally purchased guns, having gone through all of your hoops....and sold the guns to felons......

Universal background checks will be passed by the same people because they can pass background checks....criminals will use those people to buy their guns and if they want a gun a private seller has, they will use friends and family and other straw buyers who can already pass background checks...making your post silly and pointless....

How, EXACTLY, do you want that enforced? Be specific.

Here you go.....we already have all the laws we need to catch people selling illegal guns....we don't need to register guns, we don't need to have universal background checks......we can already catch people who are selling guns for profit to criminals.......

Try to understand that, anti gunners.....

Five indicted in Michigan to Chicago straw purchasing scheme

Five men have been indicted in a straw purchasing scheme that brought at least nine handguns from Michigan to Chicago, the U.S. Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday.

The indictment alleges Michigan residents Cornelius Battle and Dalrick Drain bought guns from licensed dealers in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and then sold them to Chicago resident Nathaniel McElroy for higher prices. Battle and Drain allegedly falsified information on the required paperwork, saying they were buying the guns for themselves.

So instead of being convicted of a State crime, they'll be convicted of federal crimes which carry much longer sentences.
Then libtards will let them go.

This libtard believes that if you use any weapon to commit a crime you should go to jail for life. If you injure someone while committing a crime you should be killed.

In regard to guns; if you are a gun owner and don't secure your gun which is stolen or used by somebody other than you, and is used in a crime or death of another, you should suffer the wrath.

Sure, just as soon as you agree that if someone steals your car and kills someone with it, you should be responsible.

Private Gun Sale Laws by State - FindLaw

It is illegal in every state to sell a firearm to anyone legally prohibited from owning one.

And besides that people who want to illegally buy a gun will not seek out strangers for a private sale but will instead get guns from other criminal acquaintances or have a known friend or family member make a straw purchase

But it is illegal to sell a gun to a minor or any adult not legally eligible to buy a gun.

This libtard believes that if you use any weapon to commit a crime you should go to jail for life. If you injure someone while committing a crime you should be killed.

In regard to guns; if you are a gun owner and don't secure your gun which is stolen or used by somebody other than you, and is used in a crime or death of another, you should suffer the wrath.

Why? The gun is stolen. You didn't use the gun, the gun was in your home....someone broke in, took the gun and used it, how is that in any way your fault?

What part of 'secure your gun' don't you understand? This is why there should be a 'idiot clause' in gun sales........

What part of "stolen" don't you get. If you have it in your house, it is secured...if someone breaks in and takes it, you are the victim...what part of that equation don't you get? Oh...that's right, you are a left winger.....even the most simple concept is beyond you...I apologize for trying to discuss the issue with you...

In all of my properties and cars I have biometric safes. That is secured. Idiot.

You poor, deluded fool. News flash: it is not at all difficult to get into most gun safes! Grab the whole thing, throw it in a truck, haul it home, and simply cut it open at my leisure. Most gun safes are more secure than a high-end file cabinet...but not by much. A truly SECURE safe costs as much as a new car.

Here you go.....we already have all the laws we need to catch people selling illegal guns....we don't need to register guns, we don't need to have universal background checks......we can already catch people who are selling guns for profit to criminals.......

Try to understand that, anti gunners.....

Five indicted in Michigan to Chicago straw purchasing scheme

Five men have been indicted in a straw purchasing scheme that brought at least nine handguns from Michigan to Chicago, the U.S. Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday.

The indictment alleges Michigan residents Cornelius Battle and Dalrick Drain bought guns from licensed dealers in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and then sold them to Chicago resident Nathaniel McElroy for higher prices. Battle and Drain allegedly falsified information on the required paperwork, saying they were buying the guns for themselves.

So instead of being convicted of a State crime, they'll be convicted of federal crimes which carry much longer sentences.

So tell me you think the piece of shit criminal who breaks into a home and steals a gun is not responsible for the crime but the gun owner who committed no crime is responsible?

Why? The gun is stolen. You didn't use the gun, the gun was in your home....someone broke in, took the gun and used it, how is that in any way your fault?

What part of 'secure your gun' don't you understand? This is why there should be a 'idiot clause' in gun sales........

What part of "stolen" don't you get. If you have it in your house, it is secured...if someone breaks in and takes it, you are the victim...what part of that equation don't you get? Oh...that's right, you are a left winger.....even the most simple concept is beyond you...I apologize for trying to discuss the issue with you...

In all of my properties and cars I have biometric safes. That is secured. Idiot.

And if they want our guns they will either take your safes or break into them...so....you will then be responsible...right? moron

How do you take a safe that is secured. Break into a biometric safe......good luck! In either case you've secured the weapon. (idiot clause)

Hack through the side with a fire axe, or take a panel off with a Sawzall.

If "secured", hook a 6-ton tow strap to it, hook the other end to the hitch on the truck, and give it a yank.

And if they want our guns they will either take your safes or break into them...so....you will then be responsible...right? moron

How do you take a safe that is secured. Break into a biometric safe......good luck! In either case you've secured the weapon. (idiot clause)
You do know that most safes available to the average person can be drilled into don't you?

You think that just because it has a fingerprint scanner on it that it cant be forced open?

Why was that?

Doesn't matter. Gun nuts aren't too interested in facts.
You would not know a fact if i crawled up your ass and did the can-can.

Last edited:

You do know that most safes available to the average person can be drilled into don't you?

You think that just because it has a fingerprint scanner on it that it cant be forced open?

certain models can be opened with a magnet

How, EXACTLY, do you want that enforced? Be specific.

Lots of things without a 100% failsafe enforcement ability. Wiring and plumbing in a house are supposed to meet certain codes. There is no way to tell if a home owner did his own sub standard work and didn't bother requesting an inspection unless there is some problem that brings the substandard work to light at a later date. Even something as ubiquitous as having a license to drive a car can't be 100% failsafe. The cop doesn't know if you have a license to drive unless he has some reason to pull you over and check. Again, a hefty fine, but that is also after the fact. Honest sellers will do background checks, but some small number of sellers won't, and that small number won't be known unless something happens later to bring it to light. At that point, there are hefty fines, so most don't want to take a chance, and will do it properly. How are universal background checks any different? Catch a seller selling without a background check, give them a hefty fine, or some other appropriate punishment.

Lots of things without a 100% failsafe enforcement ability. Wiring and plumbing in a house are supposed to meet certain codes. There is no way to tell if a home owner did his own sub standard work and didn't bother requesting an inspection unless there is some problem that brings the substandard work to light at a later date. Even something as ubiquitous as having a license to drive a car can't be 100% failsafe. The cop doesn't know if you have a license to drive unless he has some reason to pull you over and check. Again, a hefty fine, but that is also after the fact. Honest sellers will do background checks, but some small number of sellers won't, and that small number won't be known unless something happens later to bring it to light. At that point, there are hefty fines, so most don't want to take a chance, and will do it properly. How are universal background checks any different? Catch a seller selling without a background check, give them a hefty fine, or some other appropriate punishment.

How, EXACTLY, do you want that enforced? Be specific. Stop tap-dancing and answer the question!

Also note: the law simply is not enforceable.

Private Gun Sale Laws by State - FindLaw

It is illegal in every state to sell a firearm to anyone legally prohibited from owning one.

And besides that people who want to illegally buy a gun will not seek out strangers for a private sale but will instead get guns from other criminal acquaintances or have a known friend or family member make a straw purchase

Yes, if the seller knows the purchaser is legally prohibited from owning a gun. The seller isn't even required to ask the purchasers name, and certainly isn't required to find out if he is selling to someone who legally can't have a gun. How is he supposed to know if the purchaser is prohibited from owning a gun?

Forum List

Back