Current HC Bills Make Problems Worse

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Zoom-boing, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    John F. Cogan, R. Glenn Hubbard, and Daniel Kessler: Doubling Down on a Flawed Insurance Model - WSJ.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502

They still don't get it do they? They've been told NO. People don't want the Government involved until they get the messes they've already created/mismanaged fixed. Why add to it?

It just digs the hole deeper and something we may NEVER be able to climb out of in my view.

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,364
    No, the people have not told them NO. That is the Rushpublican mantra, the people still approve of President Obama's handling of the Presidency at 55%. You wing nuts can beat your gums all you please, the rest of us want to see some real solutions to the fraud that is our current Health Care System.

4. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    I see. Back to the partisan horsedhit I see. Very FEW of the people involved this past Summer were partisan. They see their fortunes, their futures being sold.

Why does Government want to get involved into Healthvcare, when there is NO Constitutional mandate for it?

EXPLAIN to the rest of the class assembled where it IS mandated?

Chapter, and VERSE.

I'll wait, but have NO hope of a cogent answer from you because the answer again is NO.

Ready? GO!

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,364
    My, my, what a silly ass you are 'T'. There is no Constitutional Mandate for National Parks, for National Forests, for Social Security, for the CDC.

The Constitution of the United States of America
    We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I believe that the red phrase covers it all adaquetely. Of course you do not agree, and if you can get enough people to agree with you, then the programs won't happen. If you cannot, and most agree with people like myself, and President Obama, then they will.

Comprende?

6. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    So you interpret "promote the general welfare" as the government forcing you to buy insurance and not just any insurance but the insurance they tell you to buy even if it covers things you have no need for and costs more than it should and then levying a hefty tax on you if you don't comply?

Does "promote the general welfare" also mean that certain foods and the businesses that provide them should be banned? How about other things that threaten the general welfare? Cars that can do more than 65 mph are certainly more dangerous than those that can do 140mph and motorcycles are just death on wheels. Rock climbing and other risky behaviors are certainly too dangerous to be allowed.

Personally, my general welfare is best served by letting me make my own decisions and not having to submit to government control of every aspect of my life.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    Did you even bother to read the full article?

Reform is needed but the proposed plans will only make a bad situation worse.

But you, like Obama, will take anything just to claim victory . . .

8. zancor

zancor Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope they keep pushing this unconstitutional mess. The people are ANGRY and getting ANGRIER! 2010 will lead to the extinction of the dinosaur democrats

9. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    That kind of depends how you define worse.

10. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,256
    I agree. Under "general welfare" government is trying to sneak in every aspect of our lives. Do we really want the government to have the authority to require citizens to buy health insurance?

As first, I enjoy having the right to choose for myself what I will spend my hard-earned money on. Most people in their twenties don't really need health insurance, is it not their right to not buy health insurance and perhaps put that money into a mutual fund or some other investment, for instance?

As second, if bill that requires all citizens to be insured is passed, and if imposes a fine for refusal, and then the fine is not payed, imprisonment will follow. That's ridiculous!!! It pisses me of that an American citizen could land in jail for not buying health insurance for himself.