Crap idea...

The free market will decide

:rofl: Right...Free Markets...:rofl:

More than a dozen years after passing a "smart gun" law that is now blamed for stopping them from being sold across the country, state Senate Democrats on Thursday said they want to revamp the law and force gun dealers in New Jersey to carry the high-tech weapons.

State Sen. Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen) said she is introducing a bill Thursday to roll back the state's 13-year old smart gun law that she said Second Amendment advocates have blocked from taking effect.

That law REQUIRED New Jersey firearms dealers to sell only smart guns — which can only be fired by their owners — three years after they are available on the market.

But the 2002 law, aimed at preventing accidental shootings by children, had the unintended consequence of holding up its proliferation.

Under new bill, a 'smart gun' in every N.J. gun shop
Want to know why there are no smart guns...blame the government's idea of FREE MARKET.

I have an iPad pro and the fingerprint thing does not work worth a shit. If Apple can't do no one can.
Smart guns are a joke... And everyone knows it.
Keep in mind the touch feature in an iPad is a tiny fraction of the worth of the iPad. You think a thumbprint entry system at CIA headquarters ever craps out?
The feature is proven to be a failure, and no one wants it anyway. It's a ridiculous concept prone to inconsistency.
The whole thing needs to be kicked to the curb...
I think the free market already has, no one wants to sell the crap. The liabilities alone are off the charts, there is no peace of mind in silly gimmicks as this.

I will never even consider selling a POS in my store...
Well you hate the touch feature on smart phones but the free market absolutely loves it. And it appears that a market for smart guns is in the early stages. We'll see what happens.
No major firearm manufacturer is even considering such a shitty concept. They listen to their customers and distributors, I know for a fact it's not even a consideration.
Thankfully

I have an iPad pro and the fingerprint thing does not work worth a shit. If Apple can't do no one can.
Keep in mind the touch feature in an iPad is a tiny fraction of the worth of the iPad. You think a thumbprint entry system at CIA headquarters ever craps out?
The feature is proven to be a failure, and no one wants it anyway. It's a ridiculous concept prone to inconsistency.
If it ever gets the chance. So far, it's not being allowed to be free. Anyone who tries to sell smart-guns gets death threats, and boycotted.

More than a dozen years after passing a "smart gun" law that is now blamed for stopping them from being sold across the country, state Senate Democrats on Thursday said they want to revamp the law and force gun dealers in New Jersey to carry the high-tech weapons.

State Sen. Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen) said she is introducing a bill Thursday to roll back the state's 13-year old smart gun law that she said Second Amendment advocates have blocked from taking effect.

That law REQUIRED New Jersey firearms dealers to sell only smart guns — which can only be fired by their owners — three years after they are available on the market.

But the 2002 law, aimed at preventing accidental shootings by children, had the unintended consequence of holding up its proliferation.

Want to know why there are no smart guns...blame the government's idea of FREE MARKET.
There is nothing wrong with regulating capitalism. We do it all the time.

I think the free market already has, no one wants to sell the crap. The liabilities alone are off the charts, there is no peace of mind in silly gimmicks as this.

I will never even consider selling a POS like that in my store...
I'm sure your next business will do very well...

Okay.... well thanks for participating I guess...

Anyways, if smart gun technology improves sufficiently, I'm sure demand will increase. Which should be obvious to anyone who isn't a moron.

If it ever gets the chance. So far, it's not being allowed to be free. Anyone who tries to sell smart-guns gets death threats, and boycotted.
The reason is the shit doesn't work. I smell a rat with it's introduction, like government control.
No thanks, I will buy and sell real firearms that actually work...

The reason is the shit doesn't work. I smell a rat with it's introduction, like government control.
It works just fine only,...............................................................................................................................................you don't want it to.

Nope...
Name one major manufacture even considering this gimmickry??
It's a new market so I couldn't care less. Have you purchased an IBM-pad recently? No, and you never will.
That there is not even one booth at shot show this year with the shit gimmicky pretty much says it all.
It's dead... Thankfully

Smith-Wesson-%E2%80%9Cchildproof%E2%80%9D-revolver-developed-in-the-1880%E2%80%99s.jpg

Smith & Wesson childproof gun, from the 1880's.
Violence Prevention in the Home Related to Guns | Dryden Family Medicine

And idea whose time is long overdue.

Nope...
Name one major manufacture even considering this gimmickry??
It's a new market so I couldn't care less. Have you purchased an IBM-pad recently? No, and you never will.
That there is not even one booth at shot show this year with the shit gimmicky pretty much says it all.
It's dead... Thankfully
What that says is the NRA is suppressing the Free Market, and they are.

It works just fine only,...............................................................................................................................................you don't want it to.
It must not work, no major manufacturers are even considering the horse shit technology.
I go to shot every year, the concept is repulsive to sportsmen, hunters and law enforcement personnel.

Home - Onsite - NSSF SHOT Show®

It must not work, no major manufacturers are even considering the horse shit technology.
I go to shot every year, the concept is repulsive to sportsmen, hunters and law enforcement personnel.

Home - Onsite - NSSF SHOT Show®
Enjoy the last of your Wild West days, they are soon to end.

Les say they perfect it. What is wrong with the idea? If someone steals your gun they can't use it . And it can't be used against you .

What's the down side ?

I have an 80 year old Winchester Model 94 chambered in 32-20. It was my granddad's, then my Dad's and now mine. I still hunt with it from time to time.

The left rear window in my wife's new car won't roll down, and the remote for the door lock stopped working.

Les say they perfect it. What is wrong with the idea? If someone steals your gun they can't use it . And it can't be used against you .

What's the down side ?

Added cost with no real benefit. Let's take a look at the proximity systems, it basically uses an RF transmitter similar to a wrist watch, so in theory it can only be used by the owner. First major drawback is you have to maintain two batteries, one on the gun, one on the transmitter, what happens if you forget? Also if a bad guy manages to disarm you, you'd better to be able to run like hell so you can get out of range of the transmitter, so some really smart people might get a false sense of security, thinking the gun won't fire unless it's physically in their hand, can you say wrong answer? Reliable palm or fingerprint technologies are probably decades away.

When it come to a self defense firearm it's best observe the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid, simple machines are more reliable.

Forum List

Back