This is what CA calls a gun expert.

Guns 101: Hand guns

What a moron. Revolvers fire faster than semi auto handguns.

Shadow 355

Wow, where did they find that jackass? He talks like he had to memorize all his information an hour before the interview.

A friend or relative of the reporter maybe ; and he got his face on television ?

Sure as haites is not an expert by any means .

And he does not know what a guide rod is .

Shadow 355

Eons ago when I first qualified it was on a .38, then the 9 mils came out, well around 10 years back at requalification we had people using .38s and people using 9s. We set up a contest, the .38s would get 3 in the cylinder with one speed loader with 3 in the loader, the 9s would get 3 rounds in each mag. The first one to get 5 rounds in the Q target won, I decided to use the .38. each member of each team would pair off with someone on their team to determine who was the fastest and most accurate with each teams respective weapons then we paired off the winners from each team against each other, I won with the .38s. Ofcourse everyone in the 9 mil group we laughing thinking they had the contest in the bag....... I won by a half a second........ with the .38 wheel gun......
So yes, a revolver can be faster than a pistol in the right hands.

Eons ago when I first qualified it was on a .38, then the 9 mils came out, well around 10 years back at requalification we had people using .38s and people using 9s. We set up a contest, the .38s would get 3 in the cylinder with one speed loader with 3 in the loader, the 9s would get 3 rounds in each mag. The first one to get 5 rounds in the Q target won, I decided to use the .38. each member of each team would pair off with someone on their team to determine who was the fastest and most accurate with each teams respective weapons then we paired off the winners from each team against each other, I won with the .38s. Ofcourse everyone in the 9 mil group we laughing thinking they had the contest in the bag....... I won by a half a second........ with the .38 wheel gun......

And once they get the semi autos, the anti gun loons will go after the revolvers.....probably saying that same thing......

They don't get one more gun, bullet or magazine....we have to make a stand now or lose each one, one at a time....

And once they get the semi autos, the anti gun loons will go after the revolvers.....probably saying that same thing......

They don't get one more gun, bullet or magazine....we have to make a stand now or lose each one, one at a time....
Distraction. Only the true fanatics go after the guns and ammo, there really isn't that many of them, the smart ones let them while they go after the children........... Another couple of three or four generations and they'll repeal the Second Amendment willingly.

A revolver will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. And a semi auto won't? What an idiot.

"They're called pistols because the barrel stays in line and the bullets feed into it."

And he's educating a journalist who will now be an expert reporter on all firearms news.

No wonder the libs are freaked out.

I kinda think a 1911 type single action pistol would beat most .38's when it came quick accuracy. I HATE double action triggers.

I kinda think a 1911 type single action pistol would beat most .38's when it came quick accuracy. I HATE double action triggers.
Once again it depends on who's handling it. I'm fast and accurate with both, more so left handed...... and I'm right handed...... but left eye dominant.
Still can't fire a longarm with my left though, feels awkward. :dunno:

I was like that back in the 70s. Then, we, the CI Agents were forced to switch over to the 9mm (Sig Sauer) to satisfy our friends in NATO. At first I HATED the SA/DA of the Sigs, but after a year or two, I loved them. Why? The long trigger pull without a safety. Unlike the 1911 (which I STILL own) I don't have a safety to screw with. I can pull and fire. Now, granted, the first round is a tad harder, but after that - it's smooth sailing. It's just a personal thing - and I don't believe that there is a "right" way or a "wrong" way - it's pretty much whatever works for the individual...

Like you said it's an individual thing. My fingers are kind of stubby which makes for difficulty pulling straight back on some (especially DA) triggers. I like a light consistent crisp trigger combined with the well-placed two safeties of the 1911. I am also a fan of the .45 ACP. I have managed to do some fairly respectable shooting with 1911s and figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. If I couldn't carry the 1911 I'd have to go with a revolver.

Forum List

Back