Cracks in the Monolith

I see the newcomers coming in and being statesmen.

Rofl.gif

Please give us your definition of a "statesman"!
A leader who votes for what the country needs, not what the party dictates.

You know better than to make a stupid comment like that. There are massive numbers of people that want to see big changes in the operation of Congress and the administration.

We just have to select our leaders better, and have faith in the Republican party. Both of those things are tough to do, but worth it when you see the direction of this country.

Why would anyone have faith in the GOP that caused the current problems in this country?

Or try to work with reckless rabble rousers that don't have a clue?

It sounds like the base wants angry reactionaries over the gentleman conservatives.

Therein lies the crack in the base of the monolith that will bring it down.

Anger is emoting, not thinking. If you can't think you can't come up with constructive ways to improve the situation for We the People.

It is a self defeating cycle that is spiraling downwards.

Discontent and anger is what perpetuates change. The Republican Part needs a change.

Not always.

Discontent and anger is what caused the French Revolution.

How did that work out for the wealthy rulers?
As it did the American Revolution.

I think 2016 is the make or break year. If the GOP tries to shove Jeb down our throats, we'll stick our boots up their asses and watch hitlary drive us off the cliff.

Because that's the same place we'll go with Jeb, just a little slower.

Why drag the pain out? Just rip the bandaid off and let the blood run out.

There are not enough angry old white guys to nationally elect any rwnj to the presidency

Old White Guys?

Hillary Clinton-67
Bernie Sanders-73
Jim Webb-69
Joe Biden-72

Marco Rubio-44
Carly Fiorina-60
Scott Walker-47
Ben Carson 63

Lots more old white folk running for your side's nomination.

And the dem old whites are in a coalition with people of many races , cultures religions and lifestyles , not so with the republicans. also look at the republican base
Lol, you have your problems, too. I am for a strong America where the white haired Democrats just want power. Look at Obama...he bypasses Congress...he thinks he's king. That's not what America is about either.

Rofl.gif

So voting to repeal Obamacare over and over again was what the country needed?

Seriously?

I don't think so and when you look at the rabid rabble most of them are clueless about the Constitution.

Oh, and one of the defining characteristics of a statesman is wisdom.

You can't have wisdom when you are emoting 100% of the time.

Tell me, what is the best way for Democrats to take advantage of this?

Is the GOP on the Brink of Civil War - Rasmussen Reports

The old adage in politics is that when your opponent is self destructing just sit back, say nothing and watch from the sidelines.

That would be the best way to take advantage of this IMO.

I kind f suspect that is what the Democrats are doing. They are unusually quiet when it comes to some issues. Mostly issues that are splitting the Republicans like immigration.

Exactly why not let your leaders - who are trying to mobilize the base - exploit the inbred nativism of the uneducated homelanders ... which is a fine strategy right up until you alienate the growing Latino demographic needed to win a general.

The old adage in politics is that when your opponent is self destructing just sit back, say nothing and watch from the sidelines.

I kind f suspect that is what the Democrats are doing. They are unusually quiet when it comes to some issues. Mostly issues that are splitting the Republicans like immigration.

Exactly why not let your leaders - who are trying to mobilize the base - exploit the inbred nativism of the uneducated homelanders ... which is a fine strategy right up until you alienate the growing Latino demographic needed to win a general.

But the new guys tend to want that too. To be honest, I don't see much difference in the viewpoints of the establishment and the base except in how fast things should get done.

Rofl.gif

Seriously?

I don't think so and when you look at the rabid rabble most of them are clueless about the Constitution.

Obamacare:
Yes, we need a repeal so both parties can come together in the best way to proceed with the legislation.

Problems exist with both parties. If ignorance of the Constitution is the problem, rule that incoming freshmen (and all of Congress) take tests on the Constitution. A passing grade of 90 would be necessary to permit the Congressperson to vote.

Wisdom to concern yourself with the needs of the country above your own personal needs.

Rofl.gif

But Jackson

How do you know that the leadership is not voting for what the nation needs?
When they attach unpopular amendments on a bill that will pass easily. Listen to your constituents. An honest leader knows if he is voting for the country rather than enriching himself .

Unfortunately you bed wetters never shut the fuck up.

Odd that you are saying that considering we've got quite a few threads lately from RWrs "complaining" about Democrats and Democratic candidates being quiet.

Rofl.gif

Seriously?

Obamacare:
Yes, we need a repeal so both parties can come together in the best way to proceed with the legislation.

Problems exist with both parties. If ignorance of the Constitution is the problem, rule that incoming freshmen (and all of Congress) take tests on the Constitution. A passing grade of 90 would be necessary to permit the Congressperson to vote.

Wisdom to concern yourself with the needs of the country above your own personal needs.

Usually lawyers that pass the bar are elected. The majority of them would pass. Try that with the media and talk show pundits, few of them would pass.

Rachel Maddow and Mark Levin would pass. See the problem?

We need citizens who love America and will be an asset to our nation as it was decades ago. This is where candidates forget about what is best for America and just go for votes.

Rofl.gif

Seriously?

Obamacare:

Usually lawyers that pass the bar are elected. The majority of them would pass. Try that with the media and talk show pundits, few of them would pass.

Yes, but, and this will hurt, but what if there was Affirmative Action in play and the attorneys were not the best we had to offer. Look at Sheila Jackson. She doesn't know the Constitution, I wonder if she can spell the word. She needs a test.

Not familiar with Maddow or Levin, I don't watch CNBC.

Rofl.gif

Seriously?

Obamacare:

Yes, but, and this will hurt, but what if there was Affirmative Action in play and the attorneys were not the best we had to offer. Look at Sheila Jackson. She doesn't know the Constitution, I wonder if she can spell the word. She needs a test.

Mark Levin is a conservative Talk show host. Highly opinionated but very well versed on the Law and a lawyer. He is employed by Clear channel

Rachel Maddow is a Liberal Television host for MSNBC. She is a Rhodes scholar lawyer.

Another such person is Megyn Kelly, another lawyer.

All lawyers have to have a basic understanding of the constitution to pass the bar in their state. All three has worked as lawyers in the past, hence they are all able to past that test.

Sheila Jackson? It says she has a J.D from the University of Virginia and was a judge. In other words she past the bar in some state. I don't think she needs affirmative action. Probably time to study and no more. You will not get rid of her with a test on the constitution.

Seriously?

Obamacare:

Mark Levin is a conservative Talk show host. Highly opinionated but very well versed on the Law and a lawyer. He is employed by Clear channel

Rachel Maddow is a Liberal Television host for MSNBC. She is a Rhodes scholar lawyer.

All lawyers have to have a basic understanding of the constitution to pass the bar in their state. All three has worked as lawyers in the past, hence they are all able to past that test.

Sheila Jackson? It says she has a J.D from the University of Virginia and was a judge. In other words she past the bar in some state. I don't think she needs affirmative action. Probably time to study and no more. You will not get rid of her with a test on the constitution.

I know what I wrote was potentially insulting. Thank you for taking it so well. I have seen her on panels and interviews. It was just my impression. Sorry.

Seriously?

Obamacare:

I know what I wrote was potentially insulting. Thank you for taking it so well. I have seen her on panels and interviews. It was just my impression. Sorry.

Hold it--I say she could probably pass the constitutional test

Test these members on other subjects of importance, like economics, I bet the majority would fail!!

Forum List

Back