Cracks in the Monolith

"Most Republican voters have long felt this way, saying in surveys for years that their congressional representatives are out of touch with the party’s base. Only 24% of Likely GOP Voters now believe Republicans in Congress have done a good job representing their party’s values.Democrats, by contrast, are much happier with their representation in Washington, D.C. "

from the OP's link...

Conservatives should think hard about their choice of leaders in the Republican Part if they intend to vote Republican. The Republican party is broken. Vote for the future...get the old Republicans out of there and make the Republican party Grand again.

But that isn't working, is it?

The Tea Party has been evicting the establishment GOP members and replacing them with rabid extremist rightwingers instead and that is why Congress currently has single digit approval ratings.

If you want to fix the GOP you need to remove the rabid rabble and replace them with sane genuine people who understand that the root of conservative is "conserve" not destroy.

I disagree. I see evicting the old GOP members as a good thing. We need the rabble rousers to stand up for the people and not acquiesce to the same old line that is getting us nowhere. Get rid of Boehner, McConnell and get that new blood in here. Tired of the backroom deals.

Your incompetent leadership is all that is keeping the GOP from becoming 100% irrelevant.

Oh, and what you have been doing by electing those rabid morons hasn't worked up till now so why do you insist upon repeating the same mistakes over and over again?

"Most Republican voters have long felt this way, saying in surveys for years that their congressional representatives are out of touch with the party’s base. Only 24% of Likely GOP Voters now believe Republicans in Congress have done a good job representing their party’s values.Democrats, by contrast, are much happier with their representation in Washington, D.C. "

from the OP's link...

Conservatives should think hard about their choice of leaders in the Republican Part if they intend to vote Republican. The Republican party is broken. Vote for the future...get the old Republicans out of there and make the Republican party Grand again.

But that isn't working, is it?

The Tea Party has been evicting the establishment GOP members and replacing them with rabid extremist rightwingers instead and that is why Congress currently has single digit approval ratings.

If you want to fix the GOP you need to remove the rabid rabble and replace them with sane genuine people who understand that the root of conservative is "conserve" not destroy.

I disagree. I see evicting the old GOP members as a good thing. We need the rabble rousers to stand up for the people and not acquiesce to the same old line that is getting us nowhere. Get rid of Boehner, McConnell and get that new blood in here. Tired of the backroom deals.

Your incompetent leadership is all that is keeping the GOP from becoming 100% irrelevant.
I disagree.

All the Dems need to do is sit back, watch, and let the Republicans write the attack ads for them.

It's kinda interesting to watch the GOP eat its' own.

I think 2016 is the make or break year. If the GOP tries to shove Jeb down our throats, we'll stick our boots up their asses and watch hitlary drive us off the cliff.

Because that's the same place we'll go with Jeb, just a little slower.

Why drag the pain out? Just rip the bandaid off and let the blood run out.

There are not enough angry old white guys to nationally elect any rwnj to the presidency
You know better than to make a stupid comment like that. There are massive numbers of people that want to see big changes in the operation of Congress and the administration.

We just have to select our leaders better, and have faith in the Republican party. Both of those things are tough to do, but worth it when you see the direction of this country.

Why would anyone have faith in the GOP that caused the current problems in this country?

Or try to work with reckless rabble rousers that don't have a clue?

It sounds like the base wants angry reactionaries over the gentleman conservatives.

I think 2016 is the make or break year. If the GOP tries to shove Jeb down our throats, we'll stick our boots up their asses and watch hitlary drive us off the cliff.

There are not enough angry old white guys to nationally elect any rwnj to the presidency

You said that about Raegan and the Bushes., yet the presidency went to them.

You know better than to make a stupid comment like that. There are massive numbers of people that want to see big changes in the operation of Congress and the administration.

We just have to select our leaders better, and have faith in the Republican party. Both of those things are tough to do, but worth it when you see the direction of this country.

Why would anyone have faith in the GOP that caused the current problems in this country?

It sounds like the base wants angry reactionaries over the gentleman conservatives.

Therein lies the crack in the base of the monolith that will bring it down.

Anger is emoting, not thinking. If you can't think you can't come up with constructive ways to improve the situation for We the People.

It is a self defeating cycle that is spiraling downwards.

Remember when conservative meant fiscal conservatives and not these religious social con nut jobs

Some folks are fed up with the politicians in both parties. Is this a surprise to you?

Anyone notice how much Obama is mentioned by these candidates?

It's almost like they are running against Obama yet again.

And yeah...............before they get rid of the ACA, they better have another plan that can be implemented, because people have had health care for a year and a half now, and lots of them seem to like it.

So do the insurance companies, because their stock has risen quite nicely since the ACA was implemented.

Obama isn't responsible for the last seven years?

Some folks are fed up with the politicians in both parties. Is this a surprise to you?

Not when they are right wingers. However, I doubt losing the White House is the cause of it.

Do the Dem have jerks, yes. But to replace him with a bigger nutjob does not make sense.

Old White Guys?

Hillary Clinton-67
Bernie Sanders-73
Jim Webb-69
Joe Biden-72

Marco Rubio-44
Carly Fiorina-60
Scott Walker-47
Ben Carson 63

Lots more old white folk running for your side's nomination.

Old White Guys?

Hillary Clinton-67
Bernie Sanders-73
Jim Webb-69
Joe Biden-72

Marco Rubio-44
Carly Fiorina-60
Scott Walker-47
Ben Carson 63

Lots more old white folk running for your side's nomination.

And the dem old whites are in a coalition with people of many races , cultures religions and lifestyles , not so with the republicans. also look at the republican base

I see the newcomers coming in and being statesmen. Lord knows we don't have statesmen in either party now.

Anyone one that stage would be an improvement.
Yes, you're right. I think one of the reasons I'm so angry today is that Fox News had their guns pointed right at Trump and other candidates lost time to answer question due to the "Trump Show."

I'm not a Trump supporter and all that did was bring a rise in his numbers today. Fox just couldn't play it straight.

Anger is emoting, not thinking. If you can't think you can't come up with constructive ways to improve the situation for We the People.

Discontent and anger is what perpetuates change. The Republican Part needs a change.

I see the newcomers coming in and being statesmen.

Rofl.gif

Please give us your definition of a "statesman"!

Remember when conservative meant fiscal conservatives and not these religious social con nut jobs

Yes, there are different conservatives and some are too overly religious people. Allow people to believe in their own personal way. Don't dictate from the Bible. It is a slippery slope. However, let them join in the fray and then let the voters decide.

Discontent and anger is what perpetuates change. The Republican Part needs a change.

Not always.

Discontent and anger is what caused the French Revolution.

How did that work out for the wealthy rulers?

Forum List

Back