Cracker Barrel Fires 73-Year-Old Veteran Who Gave Food To 'Needy' Man

What's sad is a 73 year old still has to work. That's fucking sad. A veteran at that..what the hell happened to taking care of our elderly?

By "taking care", what exactly do you mean? I'm 70. I receive two pensions and Social Security. I took care of MYSELF years ago. Unfortunately, many of today's elderly have SS and that's about it. Life's tough.

On the other hand - many elderly CHOOSE to continue working to supplement their monthly income. There is no reason why this man couldn't still be working at this job if he was physically able.

His problem was that he didn't know how to follow simple rules. He was counseled 5 (count 'em) 5 times for stealing. Yet he continued. And he was fired. End of story.

I have no pity for him. as a veteran myself, he should know how to follow a simple SOP.

So? You're still a Nazi [MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION]

As to the OP, the old geezer stole from a for-profit co. You'd think conservatives would be calling for his head.

The only Nazi here is you, Moron [MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION]

We all know deep down that it ain't about a muffin and a homeless man. In times like these you have to realize that propaganda outlets like Media Matters have unlimited resources (and are tax exempt) and they work 24/7 to supply left wing blogs with outrage. Cracker Barrel has been a target of the homosexual lobby for years and you gotta admire Cracker Barrel for not having an issue that the radical left could pounce on all this time. If you are on the road and want to stop for breakfast or any other meal you can't beat the food, the service and the courtesy of the Cracker Barrel people.

DING! DING! DING! DING!

I fully expect Chick Fil A to be next.

This is a good opportunity to point out the fact that no good deed goes unpunished. Moreover, the sense of entitlement that some vets feel isn't a given. He broke Cracker rules and he was fired. That fact that he is a vet should be of no consequence. I wouldn't have fired him for that offense but the fact that he's a vet shouldn't be a part of the topic.

Last edited:
I don't know for a fact whether Joe was caught "stealing" food five times or not - but I do know that Cracker Barrel has a proven history of discrimination. Joe said he offered to pay.

I don't know for a fact whether Joe was caught "stealing" food five times or not - but I do know that Cracker Barrel has a proven history of discrimination.

LINK?

What, you haven't moved on to Chick Fil A Yet? Fucking Nazi

WOW!!! We should probably shut them down, shouldn't we, Nazi?

You are so full of shit that your breath stinks.

don't believe a word lakhota says. this post proves it. click the link, it says no such thing and lakhota has never apologized for lying.

Don't you dumb fucking retards have any reading comprehension?

From the link:

Cracker Barrel says 73 year old Joe Koblenzer violated the Company’s policies regarding consuming food without paying or giving it away on five separate occasions. Koblenzer says he offered to pay and was just helping someone in need. What do you think?

I've worked a number of food service jobs. In counting all the jobs where handing out, or consuming food while on the job, was acceptable, the number is somewhere right around the number ZERO.

Now you can actually ask a manager, which has the authority to authorize such an action, and many times (in my experience), they will say yes.... unless the store is only doing marginally well. But generally they will allow it.

I've had that happen at Wendy's, and at Subway.

However, NO STORE allows employees to just.... hand out food. Or in this case, this guy was caught just eating food on the job. Can't do that.

Now all of us know that this guy was genuinely a decent man, and likely just wasn't thinking through what he was doing.

I agree with that assessment.

But all you people on the left, need to grasp that you people have setup this situation.

Now I know what you are thinking.... I'm nutz trying to blame leftists for C.B. firing this guy.

But it's the truth. You people setup the situation which forced them to fire this guy.

How? Because you have all these laws that allow fired employees to sue their employer, and win big judgements.

If they don't fire this guy for handing out food, the next punk with his gang buddies, that hands out food, will get fired and sue the company on grounds of discrimination, or some such non-sense, and in court point out they didn't fire this Veteran when he handed out food, so they must have been singling out one over the other.

The moment he violated the store rules for the fifth time, they had absolutely no choice but to fire him. And the truth is, every single restaurant in the whole country is in the same boat.

They have no choice but to fire someone who breaks the rules, no matter how trivial the reason... because if they don't under the leftist laws of employee preferential treatment, they'll end up screwed in court.

This guy lost his job, because of you leftist. This is the natural result of your policies.

He was caught five times. Who knows if that was all the times he did it. Offering to pay after getting caught does not exonerate him, for the same reason it doesn't for shoplifters: if the worse that happens if you get caught is you pay for what you were trying to steal, then there's no reason to pay upfront for anything. Might as well try to get the five finger discount if the worse is a wash. I applaud them for not letting the sympathy card trump their hand.

don't believe a word lakhota says. this post proves it. click the link, it says no such thing and lakhota has never apologized for lying.

From the link:

Cracker Barrel says 73 year old Joe Koblenzer violated the Company’s policies regarding consuming food without paying or giving it away on five separate occasions. Koblenzer says he offered to pay and was just helping someone in need. What do you think?

You fucking Nazi - not one person who has "offered to pay" AFTER being caught has ever come out on top. The man broke company policy. He was caught. He was fired. If your Nazi ass can't comprehend THAT - go back to school, robin hood.

I agree with a previous poster that, more than likely, they were looking for a reason to get rid of a 73 year old employee. I've seen this sort of thing all my life. I am 69, and the chances of anyone hiring me to do anything is virtually nil.

Go apply for a job as a greeter at Wal Mart. As long as you aren't the smug asshole you play here you'll get hired when they have an opening.

Shove your ageism up your ass, your generation of middle management is the reason why we have so many problems now.

If you keep talking to me like that, I am going to start wondering if you are really my friend.....

He was caught five times. Who knows if that was all the times he did it. Offering to pay after getting caught does not exonerate him, for the same reason it doesn't for shoplifters: if the worse that happens if you get caught is you pay for what you were trying to steal, then there's no reason to pay upfront for anything. Might as well try to get the five finger discount if the worse is a wash. I applaud them for not letting the sympathy card trump their hand.

The thing you have to understand here (and especially on THIS forum) is that these liberal Nazis believe that we are all "victims" of the "man". Take no responsibility for your actions and deny, deny, deny.

They get that from their president.

What's sad is a 73 year old still has to work. That's fucking sad. A veteran at that..what the hell happened to taking care of our elderly?

Why is that sad? The elderly may not want to be sent someplace where they can wait to die. Or should only the very rich be allowed to work? Clint Eastwood is in his 80s and puts in a full day. Larry Hagman in his 80s died on the job. 66 year old Mitt Romney just started a new job as CEO of another company. I work.

Just because someone is older doesn't mean they get thrown out the back door. It's a shame that we relegate older people to television and bingo games.

One thing I have learned (as a man of 70) is that I am supposed to "get out of the way" and let the youngbloods take over. Frankly, I have yet to find a young person in the last 30 years who is man enough to bale hay, run cattle or ride fences, but so be it. :D

You are my hero, RF! {sigh!}

Go apply for a job as a greeter at Wal Mart. As long as you aren't the smug asshole you play here you'll get hired when they have an opening.

Shove your ageism up your ass, your generation of middle management is the reason why we have so many problems now.

Um...he is not wrong. Being 62 and competing with college students makes it extremely difficult to find work. Bubble blonde college students that don't mind minimum wage against someone with years of experience under their belt that also would take minimum wage...who are they going to hire? The bimbo.

I understand the deal. No one is going to hire a 60-plus person in a career field. No one is. NOR SHOULD THEY. The labor market is about a continuum. Youth gets the "career jobs". If a person - ANY person has waited until he is in his sixties to begin looking for a good paying, full time job - they are screwed.

Working at a Cracker Barrel is HARDLY a career choice. It is sit-down fast food. Young people who start out as servers, cooks or whatever have the opportunity for advancement but the best you might expect is Store Manager or perhaps a regional director position - both decent jobs. And, if you are lucky, you "might" end up outside Nashville at the corporate offices.

Frankly, there are easier ways to advance in a career position.

However, if you are 60 years old or older - you have NO CHANCE at advancement. And that is the way it SHOULD be. A corporation invests a great deal of time and money in the employee - they expect a return on that investment - not a dead man in the storeroom.

My uncle, 10+ years retired, STILL gets calls from headhunters...he's been offered jobs ranging from on-site truck service to running a fleet's repair shop. He was offered a guaranteed $170,000+/year (plus profit sharing, housing, a company truck, & moving expenses) to run a shop in North Dakota.

He's about 64.

From the link:

Yeah, he offered to pay after he got caught. :doubt:

Kudos to the man for having heart...but business is business!

I don't know for a fact whether Joe was caught "stealing" food five times or not - but I do know that Cracker Barrel has a proven history of discrimination. Joe said he offered to pay.

So if I come to your home, and walk out with a TV...... BUT THEN.... offer to pay for it.... It's not stealing?

Generally speaking, if you have to 'offer' to pay for something after you take it.... that's called stealing.

Forum List

Back