Cowards

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Boy has Hamas softened their tone.

First Gaza was going to be a graveyard for the IDF now they want a cease fire. Hahahah! Not even 2 days after Israel invaded and they're already begging them to stop! And for anyone out there who disputes the source, Haaretz is one of Israel's most liberal papers. I wouldn't be surprised if its publisher was an Arab Muslim.

Shin Bet Chief: Hamas has eased its demands for truce with Israel - Haaretz - Israel News

And let's remember here, folks, after the cease fire ended, Hamas decided NOT to extend it. They didn't want peace with Israel and started firing dozens of rockets each day into Israel. Now they want peace. What's the difference? IDF soldiers' guns to their heads.

Shin Bet Chief: Hamas has eased its demands for truce with Israel

By Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondent

Head of the Shin Bet General Security Services Yuval Diskin told a cabinet meeting Sunday that Hamas had eased its demands on a cease-fire with Israel, nine days after a IDF operation in Gaza began. "There are signs that Hamas has softened their stance towards the conditions of a cease fire," Diskin said.

Head of IDF Military Intelligence General Amos Yadlin also addressed the meeting and gave an assessment of the Gaza operation's progress.
"The organization [Hamas] took a serious blow, we killed hundreds of terrorists and damaged their ability to build weaponry," Yadlin said.
Yadlin also addressed the standing of Hamas in the Palestinian populace and throughout the world, saying that serious criticism of the organization is on the rise.

"Hamas has made itself an object of hatred in the world and the region, casting themselves amongst the lepers of the world, with Iran and Syria," Yadlin said.

He also said that while Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal in Damascus shows himself "smiling in his office in Damascus, the leaders in Gaza are dug into burrows."

Diskin told a cabinet meeting last Wednesday that IAF raids on Gaza had caused unprecedented damage to Hamas' infrastructure and personnel.
Hamas "has been hit like it has never been hit before," Diskin said.
Diskin said the Islamic group's ability to govern the Strip has been seriously damaged, and that senior Hamas officials are hiding out in Gaza's hospitals, where they have "disguised themselves as doctors and nurses."
"Many Hamas officials are hiding in mosques throughout Gaza, out of the assumption that Israel will avoid attacking Muslim houses of worship," Diskin said. Dozens of the mosques have been turned into weapons stockpiles and command centers, he added.

Diskin also said the weapons factories used by Hamas have been wiped out in the offensive and dozens of tunnels used to smuggle arms into the coastal territory have been destroyed.

According to a Military Intelligence assessment released Tuesday, Israel's air offensive on Gaza has thus far destroyed one-third of the Hamas' rocket arsenal.

Last edited:
Seriously, dude, you need a time out to take some deep breaths into a paper bag or something.

Seriously, dude, you need a time out to take some deep breaths into a paper bag or something.

No, this matters enormously to him.

DavidS might be an American by birth, but he's an Israeli in his heart of hearts.

I think it's very hard for us non-Jewish Americans to understand what motivates people like DavidS since most of us don't come from a people who had the long long unbelievably long history of oppression that the Jews have had.

Remember now, these are a people for whom their people's history is revered and alive.

And they also have the recent memory of what happened to them (In Europe) when enough of them felt comfortable enough to renounce their essantial Jewishness, too.

Do you have any idea how many former heroic WW I German Jews were murdered by what they thought were their FELLOW countrymen?

THAT is a lesson no Jew should EVER FORGET.

The existence of Isreal, and all the horrors that are coming out of it, can be better understood if we remember the BETRAY of Jews by the Europeans.

Were I a Jew, I'd make DavidS look like a pussy, to be honest.

I'd have renounced my American citizenship a long time ago, and I'd be an extreme Zionist myself.

I would not give a flying fuck what the rest of the world thinks, either.

I would NOT give a rat's ass about the Palestinians, either, even though I might fully understand their point of view.

Why?

Because if I were a Jew, I wouldn't feel safe enough to care about the Palestinian's problems, because my primary consern would be the survival of my OWN people.

How's THAT for being able to hold two completely different and completely conflicting points of view at the same damned time?

I've read too much history, folks.

It makes it possible for me to understand that good people can be motivated by good things to do very bad things.

Boy has Hamas softened their tone.

First Gaza was going to be a graveyard for the IDF now they want a cease fire. Hahahah! Not even 2 days after Israel invaded and they're already begging them to stop! And for anyone out there who disputes the source, Haaretz is one of Israel's most liberal papers. I wouldn't be surprised if its publisher was an Arab Muslim.

Shin Bet Chief: Hamas has eased its demands for truce with Israel - Haaretz - Israel News

And let's remember here, folks, after the cease fire ended, Hamas decided NOT to extend it. They didn't want peace with Israel and started firing dozens of rockets each day into Israel. Now they want peace. What's the difference? IDF soldiers' guns to their heads.

They are not cowards, well not in this case, (they are cowards for hiding among women and children), they are playing the "UN save us card", so they can rebuild and regroup. The rest of the world will certainly fall in line, saying it's Israel that doesn't want peace. What will Israel do? I know what they did with Hizbollah in 2006.

HAMAS is playing the hand it was dealt.

Since they know perfectly well that they cannot win a conventional war, and they don't appear to care how many Palestinians get killed when they provoke Isreal to react to their rockets, they have the liberty to start the fracas, then ask the UN to save them.

It's sickening, really.

They now have world wide attention to their plight.

Hamas tactics have worked ,and Israel is seen more and more by the world as the racist, fascist state that it is.

Which the world will quickly stop caring about the moment some peace accord is found.

We've seen this happen too many times not to already know this, right?

Hamas tactics have worked ,and Israel is seen more and more by the world as the racist, fascist state that it is.

Their tactics have also worked to show us that Israel is facing an enemy which is willing to get its own people killed to make a big splash in the media.

What? You think this makes neutral parties supportive of HAMAS?

Don't fucking count on that, Sunni, because it doesn't.

an American by birth, but he's an Israeli in his heart of hearts

primary consern would be the survival of my OWN people.

I too am concerned with the survival of my own people and in my heart of hearts Im an American. Im not Irish in my heart of hearts. I love the Irish people for they are the people I come from , I love Ireland but Im an American at my heart of hearts. The Irish were treated like scum everywhere they went , including America. Im an American of Irish decent. I am interested in the BEST INTERESTS of America first and formost. I do not want my country defending any country (even Ireland) when it does wrong. Israel is wrong here. The world sees it and they will be very sorry they went this path.

how many of his people was NELSON FCKING MANDELA willing to sacrifice for a little global attention, dude? Good fucking lord, if we had cable news in the 1800s you'd try to passify fans of western expansion by suggesting that Chief Joseph was a media whore.

good grief.

Israel doesn't and shouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks. The plight of those living in Gaza is due to the actions of Hamas, which these people actually elected as their leaders. Israel needs to completely dismantle Hamas regardless of the cost.

democracy sure does suck when the result is not saturated in zionism..

Israel doesn't and shouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks. The plight of those living in Gaza is due to the actions of Hamas, which these people actually elected as their leaders. Israel needs to completely dismantle Hamas regardless of the cost.
Israel was brutalizing and murdering the Palestanian people long before the was Hamas

how many of his people was NELSON FCKING MANDELA willing to sacrifice for a little global attention, dude? Good fucking lord, if we had cable news in the 1800s you'd try to passify fans of western expansion by suggesting that Chief Joseph was a media whore.

good grief.

Nice try, Sho.

Details matter though.

Mandela was in prison and didn't run much of anything.

Chief Joseph was fighting against a people (that would be us Americans, BTW) who had already proven that the business they were about was genocide.

They are not cowards, well not in this case, (they are cowards for hiding among women and children), they are playing the "UN save us card", so they can rebuild and regroup. The rest of the world will certainly fall in line, saying it's Israel that doesn't want peace. What will Israel do? I know what they did with Hizbollah in 2006.

I have to admit, Livini is growing on me. Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni said that Israel did not intend to conclude a "diplomatic product" with Hamas. Which basically means if you're a member of Hamas - you're fucked. :lol:

The hatred goes both ways but at least the Isrealis have the decency to not use their own women and children in harms way or used as cannon fodder. Seems every time I read something some muslim says, he always prefaces it with "God willing". Well, has it ever occurred to these morons that God isn't willing? Maybe they are on the shitty end of the stick because they are on the wrong side? If they demonstrated some decency and care about their own families maybe God might think a bit more highly of them? Instead they listen and let these racist mullas encourage their children to sacrifice themselves as suicide bombers and support thugs that pick these kinds of fights and then cry about it when they get their butts kicked. The dumb asses put their own families in harms way to prove what? That's God's on their side? BS, There is nothing chosen about them. It's their own unjustified egos and spiteful attitudes that causes their own woes. Why Isreal puts up with them at all is a wonder to me.

Israel was brutalizing and murdering the Palestanian people long before the was Hamas

True.

Nobody in the WEST really thought a wit about the plight of the Palestinians until they started killing people, folks.

You all do realize that, don't you?

There was about a twenty year period when the Palestinians were basically a forgotten people entirely.

It wasn't until about 1966 that most of us even thought about what was happening to the Palis.

And then for a long time (at least in my case) I was a ardent supporter of Israel, just because I ddidn't know jackshit about the history of the place, and damned near every bit of media I was exposed to served to keep me completely ignorant about it, too.

Terrorism is an evil, but effective system for making your story heard.

DavidS your calling Hamas cowards is a little premature.

I am watching the live news and Hamas freedom fighters are still launching rockets into Israel.

Freedom fighters?!?!?!?!!?!?!

They're fucking sacraficing their own people - throwing them in the line of IDF fire and running like little pussies away from the IDF - and they're FREEDOM FIGHTERS???

You are one sick bastard.

No such thing as a Palestinian or a Palestanian.

Do you notice how many Arab armies are readying their men to help the "plight" of the other Arab people there? Even Hezbollah is abandoning Hamas. Not one Hezhollah terrorist is doing anything to help them. Egyptian police and military are keeping them out of Sinai.

You're a fucking pretender, Sunni. You don't know the first thing about these people. You're just here to antoganize other people because your mommy neglected you when growing up.

Forum List

Back