Cowards

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by DavidS, Jan 4, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Boy has Hamas softened their tone.

First Gaza was going to be a graveyard for the IDF now they want a cease fire. Hahahah! Not even 2 days after Israel invaded and they're already begging them to stop! And for anyone out there who disputes the source, Haaretz is one of Israel's most liberal papers. I wouldn't be surprised if its publisher was an Arab Muslim.

Shin Bet Chief: Hamas has eased its demands for truce with Israel - Haaretz - Israel News

And let's remember here, folks, after the cease fire ended, Hamas decided NOT to extend it. They didn't want peace with Israel and started firing dozens of rockets each day into Israel. Now they want peace. What's the difference? IDF soldiers' guns to their heads.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Seriously, dude, you need a time out to take some deep breaths into a paper bag or something.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    No, this matters enormously to him.

DavidS might be an American by birth, but he's an Israeli in his heart of hearts.

I think it's very hard for us non-Jewish Americans to understand what motivates people like DavidS since most of us don't come from a people who had the long long unbelievably long history of oppression that the Jews have had.

Remember now, these are a people for whom their people's history is revered and alive.

And they also have the recent memory of what happened to them (In Europe) when enough of them felt comfortable enough to renounce their essantial Jewishness, too.

Do you have any idea how many former heroic WW I German Jews were murdered by what they thought were their FELLOW countrymen?

THAT is a lesson no Jew should EVER FORGET.

The existence of Isreal, and all the horrors that are coming out of it, can be better understood if we remember the BETRAY of Jews by the Europeans.

Were I a Jew, I'd make DavidS look like a pussy, to be honest.

I'd have renounced my American citizenship a long time ago, and I'd be an extreme Zionist myself.

I would not give a flying fuck what the rest of the world thinks, either.

I would NOT give a rat's ass about the Palestinians, either, even though I might fully understand their point of view.

Why?

Because if I were a Jew, I wouldn't feel safe enough to care about the Palestinian's problems, because my primary consern would be the survival of my OWN people.

How's THAT for being able to hold two completely different and completely conflicting points of view at the same damned time?

I've read too much history, folks.

It makes it possible for me to understand that good people can be motivated by good things to do very bad things.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    They are not cowards, well not in this case, (they are cowards for hiding among women and children), they are playing the "UN save us card", so they can rebuild and regroup. The rest of the world will certainly fall in line, saying it's Israel that doesn't want peace. What will Israel do? I know what they did with Hizbollah in 2006.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    HAMAS is playing the hand it was dealt.

Since they know perfectly well that they cannot win a conventional war, and they don't appear to care how many Palestinians get killed when they provoke Isreal to react to their rockets, they have the liberty to start the fracas, then ask the UN to save them.

It's sickening, really.

6. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    They now have world wide attention to their plight.

Hamas tactics have worked ,and Israel is seen more and more by the world as the racist, fascist state that it is.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Which the world will quickly stop caring about the moment some peace accord is found.

We've seen this happen too many times not to already know this, right?

Their tactics have also worked to show us that Israel is facing an enemy which is willing to get its own people killed to make a big splash in the media.

What? You think this makes neutral parties supportive of HAMAS?

Don't fucking count on that, Sunni, because it doesn't.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    an American by birth, but he's an Israeli in his heart of hearts

primary consern would be the survival of my OWN people.

I too am concerned with the survival of my own people and in my heart of hearts Im an American. Im not Irish in my heart of hearts. I love the Irish people for they are the people I come from , I love Ireland but Im an American at my heart of hearts. The Irish were treated like scum everywhere they went , including America. Im an American of Irish decent. I am interested in the BEST INTERESTS of America first and formost. I do not want my country defending any country (even Ireland) when it does wrong. Israel is wrong here. The world sees it and they will be very sorry they went this path.

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    how many of his people was NELSON FCKING MANDELA willing to sacrifice for a little global attention, dude? Good fucking lord, if we had cable news in the 1800s you'd try to passify fans of western expansion by suggesting that Chief Joseph was a media whore.

good grief.

10. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    DavidS your calling Hamas cowards is a little premature.

I am watching the live news and Hamas freedom fighters are still launching rockets into Israel.