Council to blacklist firms that exploit workers or ban them from joining unions

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Council to blacklist firms that exploit workers or ban them from joining unions

Conwy council is set to bring in new rules that will stop firms that exploit workers from getting its contracts.

Members of the cabinet meeting next week will discuss the new code that will require the council to check up on its contractors to make sure they are ethical.

This means that contractors will have to be vetted to make sure they allow their members join trade unions, do not blacklist employees and are not tainted by modern slavery.

As well as this contractors will not be allowed to take part in a practice known as false employment.

This is where workers are falsely classified as self-employed to avoid them getting the full benefits of being an employee, such as sick pay and paid leave.

This is all good in itself. But I would also urge the council to examine all existing contracts with a view to terminating those that do not pass muster.

I dont mind regional regulations that make businesses not fuck over people when they are owed due..
But i wonder what kind of "muster" you are referring to.

I dont mind regional regulations that make businesses not fuck over people when they are owed due..
But i wonder what kind of "muster" you are referring to.
Where work is outsourced people should have the same protections as council workers.

Forum List

Back