Coulter Right Again!

^ Now I'm back to learning again.

Good that. :)

Ropey...I'll bet you're celebrating the release of the Israeli soldier after, what...five or six years!

Congrats.

But did you notice the deflation rate???

Israel released 1000 terrorists for the one soldier!

A few years ago it cost 3000 or so terrorists per Israeli soldier.

Times change, huh?

1. "Politics is just a side interest. So, If I am going to read a book by a conservative, I don't want to waste my time with a sideshow."
So...which conservatives have you read?

I'll read most anything from George Will, Kristol, or Krauthammer.

I don't really agree with them, but I respect that they can make their points without evoking stupidty like "pee party".

"High School was public. As I grew up in a rural farming community in the midwest, that was the norm. I suppose I could have gone to some snotty boarding school if I wanted too, but I really didn't. Aside from that, I had a farm to co-manage with my father. College was private. Medical School is at a state institution in the midwest. I suppose that is "public".

At any rate, what is your point?"

My point?

Simple,...I see big bucks in your future!

With your posts as evidence, you sue those "High School" "College" "Medical School " for failure to educate....

Open and shut case!!

I think my public school did a good job. I can quantify that by what I have done and where I am at right now.

What the hell did you ever do with your life after your (assumedly) awesome prep school experience?

2. Summary: when you post a critique of an author, one would expect you to have some expertise in the area....to have at least read that author.

In actually, you have seen some interview, some vid....and have never read the works about which you propound......

you don't think that that describes your character?

3. By character, I mean that you are one of those folks who "talks through his hat," to put it kindly.
I recall how important your guarantees of being ‘knowledgeable” were in the past:

You disputed my assertion that many of the Ivy's banned ROTC.
So, you brought out the 'Big Guns' (note the military lingo, here)...the NYTimes!
"...in all my research on the subject, I have found no universities that ban R.O.T.C., nor has the military initiated action against any institution for banning the program."

But you said " I am a little bit knowledgeable about as I was commissioned through ROTC (meaning I was in ROTC for four years of college and wore a uniform on campus and the whole nine yards..."
Wow! A personal guarantee...based on 'expertise'...
Who could argue...
Oh, how about this:

"After months of debate, Columbia University is poised to reverse its 42-year ban on military recruiters and training programs on campus. On Friday, the University Senate approved a resolution to explore inviting back the Reserve Officers Training Corps program to campus. The resolution now goes to the University’s Board of Trustees for final approval."
The Return of ROTC to Columbia - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

But...but....NYTimes 'all my research'...and you so knowledgeable!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...d-yes-i-am-considering-it-21.html#post4047556

Really pathetic. Aren’t you ashamed?

This again? You really hold a grudge for looking so silly on this subject, don't you?

ROTC was never "banned" from any university. I fully admit the universities made it difficult for ROTC, but they never officially "banned them". The writer for the village voice is incorrect, as demonstrated by the other NY Times piece.

ROTC Advocacy at Columbia

Again, all your attempts at distortion are addressed in this article, which is purely dedicated to the notion that there was ever a "ban".

The Myth of the R.O.T.C. Ban - NYTimes.com

Per federal law, federal funding is withdrawn from universities that "ban" ROTC. To date, no university has been sanctioned under this law.

Here:

It is true that many Ivy League colleges do not have R.O.T.C. detachments today. Forty years ago, the military started to close detachments in the Northeast and establish programs in the West and South.

This shift stems from a disagreement in the late 1960s between the Ivy League colleges and the military. Should R.O.T.C. have to comply with the host college’s rules for academic course content and professor qualifications? R.O.T.C. said no, colleges said yes, and the two had to agree to disagree. R.O.T.C. then walked away from Northeastern campuses.

While Harvard is often described as “expelling” R.O.T.C. in 1969, the story is more nuanced. After the military refused to meet Harvard’s standards on academic coursework, the faculty voted to relegate the program to an extracurricular activity, and the military decided to leave. But Harvard did not abolish the program, and it was only much later that people began to talk of a ban.

On occasion, some faculties have approved resolutions recommending that R.O.T.C. not be reinstated at their campuses. Those are not bans. On occasion, students have protested against R.O.T.C. Those also are not bans.

Is what really happened.

Let's see....

....wrong once....

....twice....

....thrice....In just one post!

Might be a new record!

Ropey...I'll bet you're celebrating the release of the Israeli soldier after, what...five or six years!

Congrats.

But did you notice the deflation rate???

Israel released 1000 terrorists for the one soldier!

A few years ago it cost 3000 or so terrorists per Israeli soldier.

Times change, huh?

Yes, it is a thing to rejoice over. A mother has her child back and G-d has a soul still transmuting. :eusa_shhh:

It's unquantifiable to me PC. :clap2:

2. The mob mentality is irresistible to people with a desperate need to be popular, and are perennially afraid of getting a bloody nose on the playground of life. A tell-tale sign is the use of terms like “us” and “we” when they write, or speak…as these pronouns speak of popularity, of membership in the larger group…i.e. the mob.

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

we_the_people.jpg

(Preamble)

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Think ya' got me, eh, BoringFriendlessGuy??

Watch me get out of your trap:

IT'S THE EXCEPTION THAT PROVES THE RULE!

Snopes says it's true...
snopes.com: Etymology of Exception Proves the Rule

exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis ("the exception confirms the rule in cases not excepted")

Nyah- nyah-na-na-na!

(good try!)

Lame PC, totally lame.

If you like Latin, try this one:

E pluribus unum - "Out of many, one" - Originally suggesting that out of many colonies or states emerge a single nation.

To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
Edmund Burke

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

we_the_people.jpg

(Preamble)

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Think ya' got me, eh, BoringFriendlessGuy??

Watch me get out of your trap:

IT'S THE EXCEPTION THAT PROVES THE RULE!

Snopes says it's true...
snopes.com: Etymology of Exception Proves the Rule

exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis ("the exception confirms the rule in cases not excepted")

Nyah- nyah-na-na-na!

(good try!)

Lame PC, totally lame.

If you like Latin, try this one:

E pluribus unum - "Out of many, one" - Originally suggesting that out of many colonies or states emerge a single nation.

To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
Edmund Burke

Lame?

Lame in this context is a post that has nothing to do with the post to which you are
responding...

Next time, think before you......Oops!
Sorry...I know the word 'think' is a sore spot for you.

Last edited:
Coulter Right Again!

I think this is twice now.

The essence of your post may or may not be correct....

...but you lose all credibility when you try to use those first

two words.

Try to be honest.

If you should try it some time, you would probably not be a Coulter follower.

She can't...her dogma doesn't allow for honesty. Just like her continued unethical smearing of Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, claiming he advocates rationing of medical care. Emanuel wrote a paper discussing allocation of very scarce resources like organs, where rationing already occurs. I corrected PC months ago, but she still continues to spew those lies.

One that confounds good and evil is an enemy to good.
Edmund Burke

The essence of your post may or may not be correct....

...but you lose all credibility when you try to use those first

two words.

Try to be honest.

She can't...her dogma doesn't allow for honesty. Just like her continued unethical smearing of Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, claiming he advocates rationing of medical care. Emanuel wrote a paper discussing allocation of very scarce resources like organs, where rationing already occurs. I corrected PC months ago, but she still continues to spew those lies.

Edmund Burke

How did you and NonSense meet.....eHarmony?

Edmund Burke

You are truly a credit to your institutions of higher learning.

Edmund Burke

Now, now....don't be jealous.

I'm sure there'll be someone for you, too!

I have to admit the thread replies made me laugh out loud which is always a good thing, but reading Anne could make you crazy.

Next for Anne, she needs to get married, have five kids, two or three will do, and grow the hell up. After the kids are raised she can come back and enlighten us. But one doubts that reality is in her future. Instead conservative wacko publishing companies waste trees on complete and useless nonsense. No one was ever helped by an Anne Coulter book except Anne. Scapegoating BS at its finest, made special for the choir.

"But the deep background that lies behind and beyond what we call humor is revealed only to the few who, by instinct or by effort, have given thought to it. The world's humor, in its best and greatest sense, is perhaps the highest product of our civilization. Its basis lies in the deeper contrasts offered by life itself: the strange incongruity between our aspiration and our achievement, the eager and fretful anxieties of today that fade into nothingness tomorrow, the burning pain and the sharp sorrow that are softened in the gentle retrospect of time, till as we look back upon the course that has been traversed, we pass in view the panorama of our lives, as people in old age may recall, with mingled tears and smiles, the angry quarrels of their childhood. And here, in its larger aspect, humor is blended with pathos till the two are one, and represent, as they have in every age, the mingled heritage of tears and laughter that is our lot on earth." Stephen Leacock

I have to admit the thread replies made me laugh out loud which is always a good thing, but reading Anne could make you crazy.

Next for Anne, she needs to get married, have five kids, two or three will do, and grow the hell up. After the kids are raised she can come back and enlighten us. But one doubts that reality is in her future. Instead conservative wacko publishing companies waste trees on complete and useless nonsense. No one was ever helped by an Anne Coulter book except Anne. Scapegoating BS at its finest, made special for the choir.

"But the deep background that lies behind and beyond what we call humor is revealed only to the few who, by instinct or by effort, have given thought to it. The world's humor, in its best and greatest sense, is perhaps the highest product of our civilization. Its basis lies in the deeper contrasts offered by life itself: the strange incongruity between our aspiration and our achievement, the eager and fretful anxieties of today that fade into nothingness tomorrow, the burning pain and the sharp sorrow that are softened in the gentle retrospect of time, till as we look back upon the course that has been traversed, we pass in view the panorama of our lives, as people in old age may recall, with mingled tears and smiles, the angry quarrels of their childhood. And here, in its larger aspect, humor is blended with pathos till the two are one, and represent, as they have in every age, the mingled heritage of tears and laughter that is our lot on earth." Stephen Leacock

roflrush.jpg

Uh huh. I notice that you continue to ignore that the only university that has truly prohibited ROTC from being on campus is conservative Hillsdale College. In fact, unlike the Ivies, Hillsdale has an officially stated policy against allowing ROTC.

It also refuses to let veterans use the GI Bill or accept ROTC schlarships.

Not that you truly care. I am sure when you were beebopping around Columbia you looked down your pointing nose at the ROTC cadets, as most of us came from "public schools". As Gordon Roberts, recipient of the Medal Of Honor, told a classroom of 2nd Lieutenants (I was in the audience) in building 4 at Ft. Benning: "You won't find the son of Nelson Rockefeller in today's Army."

Uh huh. I notice that you continue to ignore that the only university that has truly prohibited ROTC from being on campus is conservative Hillsdale College. In fact, unlike the Ivies, Hillsdale has an officially stated policy against allowing ROTC.

It also refuses to let veterans use the GI Bill or accept ROTC schlarships.

Not that you truly care. I am sure when you were beebopping around Columbia you looked down your pointing nose at the ROTC cadets, as most of us came from "public schools". As Gordon Roberts, recipient of the Medal Of Honor, told a classroom of 2nd Lieutenants (I was in the audience) in building 4 at Ft. Benning: "You won't find the son of Nelson Rockefeller in today's Army."

1. Let's reprise the depth of your erroneous babbling...

"After months of debate, Columbia University is poised to reverse its 42-year ban on military recruiters and training programs on campus. On Friday, the University Senate approved a resolution to explore inviting back the Reserve Officers Training Corps program to campus. The resolution now goes to the University’s Board of Trustees for final approval."
The Return of ROTC to Columbia - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

And:

"Even after the Vietnam War ended, student opposition to military programs remained high, and after President Clinton issued his “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” directive in 1993, Columbia and several other universities, including Dartmouth, Yale, Harvard, and Stanford, based their continued refusal to allow ROTC on campus on the grounds that military policy violated their own anti-discrimination rules." Ibid.

More?
"Despite his continued opposition to the military as “a machine for global domination,” and his role in getting ROTC kicked out in the first place, [Mark] Rudd..." Ibid.

Pretty well document that you haven't a clue about the subject...but that doesn't prevent your pretending some expertise.

2. "I am sure when you were beebopping around Columbia you looked down your pointing nose at the ROTC cadets,..."

If you insist on being proven the dunce that you are, I can counter your slander in reporting that my bff attended Yale....an Ivy....where he was the only student ROTC. Due to the ban, he was forced to travel to UConn for ROTC classes.
The same day he graduated from Yale, he was commissioned as an officer in Armored Cav.

Care to retract "you looked down your pointing nose at the ROTC cadets," ...after you wipe the egg off your face.

3. This is the place where, were I a Liberal, I'd be screaming "Liar"! Instead, I'll say that you misremeber the statement of "Gordon Roberts, recipient of the Medal Of Honor." Perhaps the event did occur...but if so, the hero was either wrong, or stroking you.

Let's correct the record:

a. "That reality — which stands in stark contrast to the popular stereotype of Congress — will be embodied tonight by Sen. Jim Webb, the Virginia Democrat delivering the response to President Bush's State of the Union address.

Webb's eldest son, Jimmy, is a Marine in the combat zone. He can't bring himself to talk about his son — not even to the president — but others speak eloquently of their loved ones' sacrifices."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-01-22-iraq-congress_x.htmb.

[T]here are at least
seven members of Congress with children in the Armed Forces"
including:
U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, R-Colo
Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.C
Rep. Ed Schrock, R-Va.,
Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C.,
Rep. John Kline, R-Minn.,
Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.,
Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo.,
Google Answers: Children of Congressmen in military service

Need I point out that 86% of the above are Republicans?

The following makes it alittle closer..
These are just a handful of Senators and Representatives who have relatives serving or have served in OIF/OEF.
Sen Jim Webb (D-VA) son, Marine serving in OIF
Sen Tim Johnson (D-SD) son, Marine serving in OIF
Sen Max Baucus (D-MT) lost a nephew in OIF
Sen Sam Brownback (R-KS) niece & nephew in OIF
Sen Kit Bond (R-MO) son, Marine serving OIF
Rep Joe Wilson (R-SC) son, serving OIF
Rep Todd Akin (R-MO) son, serving OIF
Rep Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) stepson & his wife serving in OIF
Rep Kenny Hulshof (R-MO) brother-in-law, soldeir serving in OIF
Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) son, Marine serving in OIF

Source(s):

Latest World & National News & Headlines - USATODAY.com

c. Less than 1% of Americans serve in the Armed Forces. Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now, since there are 535 members of Congress, the 7 listed above constitute
a higher percentage than the population in general.

If it's ten, it's almost twice the proportion of the general population.

So, what does this all mean?
It means that you have graduated from being wrong numerous
times to the category of full-fledged "Idiot."

Congrats.

Last edited:

You didn't read any of 'em, did you.

Case closed.

BTW...my fav Leacock was Guido the Gimlet
of Ghent.

Did you read that, at least?

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM1VXhZT37E]The Court Jester: Get It? Got It. Good! - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back