Could you stay with 1 person your entire life?

Could you stay with one person throughout your entire teen life? I know some people who have been with the same person since they were 13 years old and now they are 16, 17, and 18 years old and still with the same person. I just find it rather odd I guess, since I have a new girlfriend every month, but still, I mean, staying with one person for that long, that's quite a commitment. Could you ever stay with someone from the age of 13 through all of high school or even the rest of your life?

Yes.

You obviously were never a scout. "Never do for a boy what a boy can do for himself" - Lord Robert Baden-Powell. Remember that my aunt and uncle were wed back in the 60's. Back then we had parents who had lived thru the great depression and World War II. Children were not coddled little delicate flowers. 8 year old boys learned how to hunt and 13 year old boys learned how to drive farm equipment to pull their weight in the family and to prepare them for when they would be on their own in a few years. No living in mom's basement and sucking off the teat of her insurance plan until the age of 26. People will rise to the expectations presented to them. Teach a kid responsibility and he will be responsible. Teach him to sit on the couch, eat Cheetos and play video games all day and.......well, you get the picture.

I was, and I went a step further by joining the army. But, as del's pointed out, I was wrong. And I also decided to view the situation in black and white; the period your aunt and uncle married was indeed a much more turbulent time than we're used to where family responsibilities were much more different.

Please accept my apologies for implying that your kin are hillbillies.

That said, and I don't know about you, but I find the official approval of marrying children rather worrying in this day and age. I mean, (hypothetically) would you allow your 14 year old daughter to marry an older man? I wouldn't.

No I wouldn't.......because society today is far different. We've gone from teaching and expecting responsibility to being helicopter parents who hover over our children and our children suffer for it. My 17 year old son and a buddy of his got a job at the same place. His buddy got fired within two months because he thought he was entitled to a pay check whereas our son knew he had to work for it. The difference, our son had spent two summers prior to that staffing a scout camp and his buddy had everything handed to him on a silver platter. My son is expected to make good grades and he is a straight A honor student. He works 6 days a week to make his own truck payment, insurance payment and pay for gas. He has his own checking and savings account. He knows how to do his own laundry and how to cook for himself. If my wife and I were to get hit by a train tonight, I know he could survive and thrive on his own. His buddy, not so much. Even with all of my son's skills, do I want him to get married at 17? No. Would he be a good husband if he did? Yes.

Good, committed, responsible parenting will do that to a child. Good for you!!

New Hampshire & Texas
The age of consent is eighteen. With parental consent and the consent of the judge, males can marry at age fourteen and females can marry at age thirteen. Common law marriage is not recognized.

I'm still trying to work out how 'your entire life' equate to a few years during your teens. Can anyone assist? I know I'm not great at math (and have dyscalculia) but seriously.... WTF?

Your teen years are the most important years of your life. They shape who you are and who you will be for the rest of your life. Your sexuality (going gay or staying straight), your education (deciding on a college), occupation (deciding on an occupation), etc.

What 13 year old isn't dating?

The ones where their parents have not given over control of the family to the 13 year old.

I can't find the link, but the statistics show that like 85% of all teen relationships are behind the parent's back.

Well that was true when I was 13 back in 1970 too. The difference is that the word "dating" has a significant difference depending on whether you are 13 or 23.

13 year olds don't date. They like each other.

Last edited:
The ones where their parents have not given over control of the family to the 13 year old.

I can't find the link, but the statistics show that like 85% of all teen relationships are behind the parent's back.

Well that was true when I was 13 back in 1970 too. The difference is that the word "dating" has a significant difference depending on whether you are 13 or 23.

I must choose my next few words carefully:

Tell that to the 14 year old girl I'm ****ing.

helping

God you're all fucking perverts you know that!

And yes, 13 year olds are capable of dating, forming relationships, having sex, and falling in love.

helping

And yes, 13 year olds are capable of dating, forming relationships, having sex, and falling in love.

It's idiot kids like you that make me worry for the World.

helping

Sex is an everyday part of teen life. It's perfectly natural. Then conservative assholes like you come in and say "it's wrong", fuck man, so long as you play it safe and use condoms, everything SHOULD (in theory) be fine.

helping

Sex is an everyday part of teen life. It's perfectly natural. Then conservative assholes like you come in and say "it's wrong", fuck man, so long as you play it safe and use condoms, everything SHOULD (in theory) be fine.

Jog on little boy, go play with your pee pee.:lol:

But really, Teen Magazine looks okay:
alyssa.jpg

Jog on little boy, go play with your pee pee.:eusa_liar:

Go play with yoself bitch. I'm gonna be with the girls

Jog on little boy, go play with your pee pee.:eusa_liar:

Go play with yoself bitch. I'm gonna be with the girls

So you said, 13 year old girls I think it was, you morally bankrupt kiddie fiddler.Now fuck off before dig yourself into a hole you can't climb out of.

Forum List

Back