Could you stay with 1 person your entire life?

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
Could you stay with one person throughout your entire teen life? I know some people who have been with the same person since they were 13 years old and now they are 16, 17, and 18 years old and still with the same person. I just find it rather odd I guess, since I have a new girlfriend every month, but still, I mean, staying with one person for that long, that's quite a commitment. Could you ever stay with someone from the age of 13 through all of high school or even the rest of your life?

Ahhhhh ... teenage drama. I have a seventeen year-old and I hear this stuff all the time. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my car in front of the HS waiting for my son. It was a nice day and I had my windows open. Unfortunate for me, a couple of girls were standing close and I got to hear their entire drama-filled conversation. I rolled my eyes and laughed to myself. Teens.

I do know of a couple who dated all through HS and ended up marrying. They are now divorced after 21 years.

I know of a couple that knew at 14 that they were attracted to eachother, they got married at 18 and just celebrated their 30th anniversary....

Could you stay with one person throughout your entire teen life? I know some people who have been with the same person since they were 13 years old and now they are 16, 17, and 18 years old and still with the same person. I just find it rather odd I guess, since I have a new girlfriend every month, but still, I mean, staying with one person for that long, that's quite a commitment. Could you ever stay with someone from the age of 13 through all of high school or even the rest of your life?
I have a friend in his forties right now who got married in high school to the first girl he dated. It happens.

Buuuuuuut, they are currently in the process of one nasty divorce at the moment.

Who you are now is not who you will be next decade, nor the decade after that. We all grow (normal folks, that is), and some often grow in directions that are no longer compatible with each other.

I'm still trying to work out how 'your entire life' equate to a few years during your teens. Can anyone assist? I know I'm not great at math (and have dyscalculia) but seriously.... WTF?

I'm still trying to work out how 'your entire life' equate to a few years during your teens. Can anyone assist? I know I'm not great at math (and have dyscalculia) but seriously.... WTF?

You don't remember when you were a teen that high school was your "entire life"? :lol:

It never was... even as a teen, I was intelligent enough to know 'this too shall pass'. Which might be why, when I was 3, my Aunt called me a 40 year old midget. :lol:

I have an uncle who at 17 years old married his 15 year old girlfriend (she wasn't pregnant and was the sheriff's daughter) and they've been together close to 45 years now.

Gaaaaa, play the field while you can. And what the hell are 13 year olds dating for, anyway? :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back