Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

TSA pat-downs could spread sexually-transmitted disease and contribute to pandemics
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals , and sweeping bare armpits and buttocks , those latex gloves being worn by the TSA agents are obviously teeming with germs.

And yet TSA agents often don't change gloves between patting down passengers . They're often using the same gloves on you and your crotch as they were using on the previous passenger's exploratory crotch feel.

This means, of course, that the TSA is now engaged in extremely risky behavior that could spread sexually-transmitted disease , cold viruses, skin fungi (such as ringworm), and even contribute to a pandemic outbreak.

So now, while the TSA claims to be protecting your safety , they could actually be infecting you with pandemic disease at the same time
More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

Infectious Skin Diseases

And lets don't forget MRSA.

This actually IS a public health issue.
The tsa doesn't touch naked skin...wtf is wrong with you people? Instead of voicing legitimate concerns you make shit up...how stupid.

Perhaps you should inform the TSA that they do not touch skin. Their own blog has at least one picture of them doing exactly that.

The TSA Blog: What Happens If My Hands Alarm During an Explosives Trace Detection Test (And other questions answered)

its called courtesy

and frankly, that is up to the airline

I have to be courteous to people who want to restrict what I eat? What planet are you from?
so, if you are on a plane, sitting next to someone that is deathly allergic to peanuts, you couldnt NOT eat those peanuts to avoid putting that persons life in danger?

thats pretty damned cold, man

Fuck him. If me eating peanuts is going to kill him the gene pool is better off with him dead.

I have to be courteous to people who want to restrict what I eat? What planet are you from?
so, if you are on a plane, sitting next to someone that is deathly allergic to peanuts, you couldnt NOT eat those peanuts to avoid putting that persons life in danger?

Fuck him. If me eating peanuts is going to kill him the gene pool is better off with him dead.
WOW
:eek:

its called courtesy

and frankly, that is up to the airline

Peanuts are good eatin'.

How did peanuts get into a thread about TSA pat downs and STD's anyway?

Is someone afraid a TSA agent will pat down their peanuts and give them an STD?

Peanuts are good eatin'.

QW brought that up when he was told he didnt have a "right" to fly
he complained about airlines not allowing peanuts to be eaten when someone allergic to them was on the plan

sorry, but the allergic persons right to LIFE outweighs ones right to eat peanuts

Look what the pat downs have already done to Alaska!

Gonorrhea outbreak puts Alaska in uphill battle with STD
An outbreak of gonorrhea across Alaska that began in 2009 is continuing this year, and health officials say they are trying new ways to curb it.

Between 2008 and 2009, the number of gonorrhea cases in Alaska rose an alarming 69 percent, according to a new U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report.

State health officials began calling attention to a spike in gonorrhea cases in Southwest Alaska more than a year ago and highlighted the statewide rise in March.

The new report shows that Alaska ranks ninth in the nation for its rate of gonorrhea, compared with its ranking in recent years in the mid-20s. Alaska also is second in the nation for its high rate of chlamydia, another sexually transmitted disease that often is transmitted along with gonorrhea.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/26/104330/gonorrhea-outbreak-puts-alaska.html

Last edited:
after careful evaluation i came to the conclusion that spreading of STD's is the least of your problems.

/random slam at everyone who spreads this.
//obfucking-vious

Peanuts are good eatin'.

he complained about airlines not allowing peanuts to be eaten when someone allergic to them was on the plan

sorry, but the allergic persons right to LIFE outweighs ones right to eat peanuts

Meh...another red herring to distract from the even more preposterous STD question.

I think I need my own publically funded airline so I can eat a peanut, drink as much whiskey as I can haul on the plane, and watch XXX movies between destinations.

Peanuts are good eatin'.

What if the person who wants to eat peanuts has a rare medical condition that requires him to eat peanuts every few minutes? Whose right to live wins out then?

like I said, if my eating peanuts is going to kill someone, I do not care. I might even eat them out of spite, because no one has the right to tell me what I can, and cannot, eat.

crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

Do you understand hospital protocol of why you must wash your hands when you enter a room and before you leave a room?

Hands are the biggest spreader of disease from person to person.

crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

You are less likely to get an airborne pathogen aboard a plane than you are at work.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HEPA#Airlines

Nice straw man though.
the point is they are never actually touching your skin
they are only patting down outside your clothes
there is no way to transfer any pathogen from these pat downs

Sorry dive you are wrong. They touch someone how has been coughing all over them selves, then they touch you, you touch your clothes and thats it.

You can get STD's on toilet seats but that is a sorry place to have sex.

and yes pathogens can be transmitted by clothes, but not STD's I think.
they call them Sexually Transmitted Diseases for a reason.

Last edited:
Peanuts are good eatin'.

Meh...another red herring to distract from the even more preposterous STD question.

I think I need my own publically funded airline so I can eat a peanut, drink as much whiskey as I can haul on the plane, and watch XXX movies between destinations.

If I wanted to distract you from the STD question I would start talking about octopi.

the point is they are never actually touching your skin
they are only patting down outside your clothes
there is no way to transfer any pathogen from these pat downs

Really? Why do hospitals disinfect sheets? Why do doctors always wash their hands after seeing a patient, even if they did not touch the patient? Disease vectors are a lot more persistent than skin to skin contact.

If a person has an infectious disease, sneezes into their shirt sleeve, and gets patted down by the TSA, those germs can be transferred to the gloves they are wearing, then to your clothing. When you take those clothes off it can transfer to your hands, and thus you.

Just because something is classified as an STD, that does not mean the sex is the only vector that transmits that disease. It is just one of them, possibly the most convenient for that pathogen.
uh, you do understand that in a hospital people being on those beds generally have the possibility of body fluids getting ON those sheets

if you are THAT worried about it i suggest you bring a container of hand sanitizer with you when you fly and demand the TSA agent use it before touching you should you be one of the few that actually gets this pat down

Silvia and sweat are what? Bodily fluids.

When the tsa came into effect they weren't issued gloves as they are now. I carried gloves for them to use so there was NO excuse for them not to wear them before they touched me.

Forum List

Back