Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

o what a crock of mal...are you really coming back with the great republican/conservative/idiot anacdotal "i know people" hell i know people who do odd things...does that make them the norm...or does that make them normal...hell no

I already said that I personally think nothing of the danger, but I am not suffering from AIDS, or Lupus, or any other immune system disorder. Just because you personally think the danger is overblown does not mean it does not exist. That is why you can no longer get peanuts on a plane after all, some people are allergic to them, and cannot get on the plane as a result. And some people keep telling me I do not have a right to fly, even though those with allergies clearly do.

wow is all i can say....yet you sit on plane seats and chairs in public diners? i wonder how many asses a public chair sees in a day....washing one's hands is mega important in daily life...period...when you bump into a stranger by accident...do you run home and change clothes? come on listen to yourselves....i hate to break it to ya...but germs are good for you...look at all them native tribes in the amazon....living germ free...so in comes the white man and wipes them out with the common cold...

how in the fuck do you people manage to log on .....right when i think i cant underestimate the stupidity of people....you fucks post....

I know people who carry disinfectant, and change as soon as they walk into the house. That argument will not fly with them.

yeah and I know people that claim that Obama is the antichrist.
There are unreasonably fearful people out there.

I wash my clothes in peanut based detergent.

Last edited:
crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

You are less likely to get an airborne pathogen aboard a plane than you are at work.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HEPA#Airlines

Nice straw man though.

Speaking of straw men

Modern airliners use HEPA filters to reduce the spread of airborne pathogens in recirculated air. .... By comparison, the filtration systems in typical buildings are not capable of removing microbial contaminants including bacteria and viruses

Last I flew, there wasn't a HEPA filter between me and the nosebleed to my right, the puker to my left, and the mother changing her baby's crappy daiper on the seat in front of me.

Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

TSA pat-downs could spread sexually-transmitted disease and contribute to pandemics
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals , and sweeping bare armpits and buttocks , those latex gloves being worn by the TSA agents are obviously teeming with germs.

And yet TSA agents often don't change gloves between patting down passengers . They're often using the same gloves on you and your crotch as they were using on the previous passenger's exploratory crotch feel.

This means, of course, that the TSA is now engaged in extremely risky behavior that could spread sexually-transmitted disease , cold viruses, skin fungi (such as ringworm), and even contribute to a pandemic outbreak.

So now, while the TSA claims to be protecting your safety , they could actually be infecting you with pandemic disease at the same time
More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

Infectious Skin Diseases

And lets don't forget MRSA.

This actually IS a public health issue.
The tsa doesn't touch naked skin...wtf is wrong with you people? Instead of voicing legitimate concerns you make shit up...how stupid.

Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

TSA pat-downs could spread sexually-transmitted disease and contribute to pandemics
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals , and sweeping bare armpits and buttocks , those latex gloves being worn by the TSA agents are obviously teeming with germs.

And yet TSA agents often don't change gloves between patting down passengers . They're often using the same gloves on you and your crotch as they were using on the previous passenger's exploratory crotch feel.

This means, of course, that the TSA is now engaged in extremely risky behavior that could spread sexually-transmitted disease , cold viruses, skin fungi (such as ringworm), and even contribute to a pandemic outbreak.

So now, while the TSA claims to be protecting your safety , they could actually be infecting you with pandemic disease at the same time
More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

Infectious Skin Diseases

The tsa doesn't touch naked skin...wtf is wrong with you people? Instead of voicing legitimate concerns you make shit up...how stupid.

They don't have to touch 'naked skin' if there are blood and/or body fluids on the clothing. Case in point the man whose urine bag spilled during a pat down.

Infectious Skin Diseases

They don't have to touch 'naked skin' if there are blood and/or body fluids on the clothing. Case in point the man whose urine bag spilled during a pat down.

Hey, I have a suggestion:

Do not to stand under anyone wearing a bag of urine.

hmm, maybe that TSA guy should have listened better to the guy with the urine bag
:lol:

You are just getting silly. Since you can't discuss the issue with any authority you really should find other digs.

You are just getting silly. Since you can't discuss the issue with any authority you really should find other digs.

:eusa_eh:

I'm serious.

Infectious Skin Diseases

mmmmmmmkay...THAT is a valid concern, even though it appears it happened exactly once and we have no way of knowing if the tsa agent didn't change his gloves. Again, why did you lie in your op?

:cuckoo: Oh, the irony.

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

You should explain to your RN daughter that OSHA requires all medical professionals to change gloves before seeing a new patient. If she continues her bad habits the hospital could face a fine of $70,000.00 per willful violation.

Fighting Infection - Hospital Management

No wonder the incidence of infections in hospitals is on the rise with people like her working in them.

crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

You are less likely to get an airborne pathogen aboard a plane than you are at work.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HEPA#Airlines

Nice straw man though.

Speaking of straw men

Modern airliners use HEPA filters to reduce the spread of airborne pathogens in recirculated air. .... By comparison, the filtration systems in typical buildings are not capable of removing microbial contaminants including bacteria and viruses
Last I flew, there wasn't a HEPA filter between me and the nosebleed to my right, the puker to my left, and the mother changing her baby's crappy daiper on the seat in front of me.

You could always install one yourself. I just pointed out that the dangers are higher where you work than in that tube you were crying about.

Please explain why allergy sufferers have the right to force everyone not to eat peanuts on a plane they do not have a right to be on.
its called courtesy

and frankly, that is up to the airline

I have to be courteous to people who want to restrict what I eat? What planet are you from?
so, if you are on a plane, sitting next to someone that is deathly allergic to peanuts, you couldnt NOT eat those peanuts to avoid putting that persons life in danger?

thats pretty damned cold, man

Forum List

Back